[Q] Reset Phone & Battery Now Reads 1%

Search This thread

Noel2255

Jan 24, 2010
Hello, today I was leaving church and my phone had no signal for about 30 minutes in an area I knew had Sprint service. So I restarted the phone having 80% battery and when the phone turned back on it was on 1%. It won't go back to reading the actual battery percentage, and the phone has been on for 2 hours since this happened so the phone really isn't on 1% battery. Any suggestions on what happened or what I should do?

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Hello, today I was leaving church and my phone had no signal for about 30 minutes in an area I knew had Sprint service. So I restarted the phone having 80% battery and when the phone turned back on it was on 1%. It won't go back to reading the actual battery percentage, and the phone has been on for 2 hours since this happened so the phone really isn't on 1% battery. Any suggestions on what happened or what I should do?
I would shut it off let is sit for a while, then charge it without the phone on using the OEM charger. They unplug fire it back up. If that doesn't do anything, I would hard reset it.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
yesterday, my phone was stuck at 100% it wouldnt change on reboot or anything. I ran the battery calibration and nothing. what worked, was shutting off for a few minutes. weirdly even recovery would report 100%. after being off for a while, it showed the proper battery at 52%. so weird. fine now though!