[ROM][PORT-VZW][MJ7/MK2][Jan26][JB 4.3]PurifieD ROM - Stock/Themed ROMs - SS-MJ7/MK8

Search This thread

evolishesh

Oct 10, 2010
So I just bought a vzw s4 and it came with the mi1 firmware. Is there a root method to root it or should I just take the 4.3 update and rooted it than?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
So I just bought a vzw s4 and it came with the mi1 firmware. Is there a root method to root it or should I just take the 4.3 update and rooted it than?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498148

Can't downgrade apparently. Rooting the mk2 is easy. So why not update? Need to use safe strap according to all authorities. No custom recovery possible past mdk bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nameless crowd face

Raymondlikesroot

Jan 28, 2014
Themes

Hi,
What version of themes would I need? MKF, MJ7, or MH78? My s4 is a verizon mk2 phone that is not international.

Raymondlikesroot

Jan 28, 2014
I flashed the dark AOSP theme and compared to hyperdrive, the battery is worse. I would say the battery life is in between the stock s4 battery life and the hyperdrive battery life. Also, I sometimes get random reboots. But, overall, this is the one of the only good AOSP themed safestrap rom available

HipHopIsLyfe37

Sep 26, 2010
Moline
I'm getting ready to install this ROM as part of my ongoing thread concerning safestrap compatible ROMS. I have a MJ7 base verizon phone and I am still not entirely clear on what do we flash after we flash the rom?

Do we flash the minimum file or the old MJ7 file you posted here?

Could you link me to that thread? I would like to see all the options I have for SS compatible ROMs. Currently running Hyperdrive but would like to switch it up

toknitup420

Jan 8, 2011
boston
has anyone flashed v3.1 of purified. i flashed 2.1 and it has so far been awesome. i have already taken a backup of it in safestrap and will most likely restore it to my stock slot as long as it continues to function good on my test rom slot. i may try v3.1 after doing a little more research.

update: couldnt wait and loaded v2.1 to my stock rom slot so far so perfect. will test over the next few days and report back on battery life and stability. i normally run hyperdrive rls15 and have had that going in the stock slot for about a month. if battery life and stability on this rom is better i will keep it instead of hyperdrive. it doesnt offer as much customization, but thats what wanam xposed is for. But the aosp style theme is far superior to any theme ive used on hyperdrive and thats a huge selling point to me.
If your not sure how to restore your roms to the stock slot in safestrap check the main safestrap thread. I found a link explaining it. Its very simple to do. Its in the first few pages of the thread. Or just search it on XDA. Either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidwilson83

fafinaf

Jan 28, 2012
Los Angeles
I've read the whole thread but need some clarification.

I'm on a VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 running MJ7. I have safe strap installed etc. I need to know which files to flash after flashing the ROM. There have been posts with files attached stating they were updates but it's confusing to follow. Anyone willing to help? It'd be great if you could attach the files necessary but a link would be cool.

I want to upgrade out of MJ7 but the options are pretty much non existent as of right now. So it looks like this ROM is my best bet in terms of getting some AOSP action. Can't stand TW...

Thanks for the help and look forward to running this asap.

Reactions: Nameless crowd face

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @enc4real007

Hi mate,

As flattered as I am that you like my ROM and have decided to port it to VZW for people to use there, it would have been polite and the correct method to actually ask me to do it before you did it.

I would have had no problem with it, and I still don't even though you did it without asking me, but just for future reference it is the polite thing to actually ask the developer of the ROM you would like to port before you release it.

Now in saying that, if you need any help with issues then I'll try my best to help. Just post in this thread with @daveyannihilation in the question and I'll do my best to help.

By the way, if your users are using v2.0 MJ7 PurifieD then the screenshots you have posted will not be correct. That version had the blue quick settings icons and the blue status bar icons. If they want the ROM like the screenshots, then they will need to use v2.1 MKF.

Good luck and all the best,

Dave
    2m5lefq.png

OH SNAP... another compatible SafeStrap 3.71 ROM.

Nothing much to say except this is my favorite ROM PERIOD.

Thanks goes to jkruse, hashcode and daveyannihilation

not508.jpg

14mx2rr.jpg

2znpkxy.jpg

This one actually works out of the zip for all SS users on VZW its not in the title to fool you into downloading!! AND it works for more carriers too!. Other carriers please note you will have to flash your modules / modems of your provider if you experience any issues at all this should fix them.

Cheers Mates!

-Freal77

Download:

1. Download the ROM Style of your choice on the original post page:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454205
    2. Download the MK8 Patch provided by jkruse:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47257012
    3. Download the MK2 SS Module:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2441441

Instructions:
    (Ensuring that you are on SS 3.71)

1. Download the above files.
    2.Flash in the following order:

ROM > MK8 Patch > SS Module

3. Reboot

Enjoy!

Ripped this from the following original ROM Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454205
    @enc4real007

Hi mate,

As flattered as I am that you like my ROM and have decided to port it to VZW for people to use there, it would have been polite and the correct method to actually ask me to do it before you did it.

I would have had no problem with it, and I still don't even though you did it without asking me, but just for future reference it is the polite thing to actually ask the developer of the ROM you would like to port before you release it.

Now in saying that, if you need any help with issues then I'll try my best to help. Just post in this thread with @daveyannihilation in the question and I'll do my best to help.

By the way, if your users are using v2.0 MJ7 PurifieD then the screenshots you have posted will not be correct. That version had the blue quick settings icons and the blue status bar icons. If they want the ROM like the screenshots, then they will need to use v2.1 MKF.

Good luck and all the best,

Dave

This guy is a class act! He could have requested that this thread be closed. Maybe you guys running his rom should head over to his main thread and thank him
    Looking into the FC...

I odinned my phone and installed the rom to the stock slot, now it isn't happening. Maybe having Hyperdrive in the stock slot was causing an issue for the rom slot? I dunno.

Also, for those trying the AOSP and AOSP light roms, I recommend using the VZW_4_3_MK8_PATCH_MINIMUM patch that is buried deep within jrkruse's thread. It does not bungle up the appearance of the phone and contacts apps like the standard MK8 patch does.
    So I can flash aosp thru SS. And since on mj7 do I still use mk8 patch and mk2 SS module?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    No this is not AOSP! It is just themed.

If you are on MJ7 flash the MK8 Patch still. Just use the SS MJ7 Module before you reboot!