[ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/19/2014]

Search This thread

Rootabaga

Sep 8, 2013
Well, unfortunately wiping with stock recovery didn't do the trick. I suspect something is corrupted in the ROM itself. The MD5 matched but it maybe it was corrupted during or after flashing.

I am going to download vrufnd7_debloat_build3.zip ( Debloated/Deodexed Version with updated core apps and external SD Fix) and try flashing that and see what happens.

Here is my plan:

Re-flash stock recovery in ODIN
Wipe data/cache
Flash Philz 6.48.4
"Wipe Data/Factory Reset" then "Clean to Install a New Rom"
Flash "vrufnd7_debloat_build3.zip"

Do I need to re-flash the 4.3 MJ9 firmware and the ND7 Radio?

Thanks

Last edited:

KCTheBearded

Jul 24, 2014
Victorville
www.BnMHomes.com
I am getting a notification when I plug in my headset and take out the S-pen about the pagebuddy service stopping. Just started yesterday. I disabled pagebuddy in the settings hoping that would stop it. I cleared the cache and data from the app and also went into recovery and wiped cache.

It wouldn't stop until I replaced the Pen or unplugged the headset. What should I do?

EddieK23

Apr 25, 2014
Ok, so let me get this right:
I have the Note 2 with MJ9 from the original OTA from months ago. Because of this, I have a locked bootloader, which means I can't do this to get a rooted 4.4.2?

bjhatch

Aug 15, 2013
Ok, so let me get this right:
I have the Note 2 with MJ9 from the original OTA from months ago. Because of this, I have a locked bootloader, which means I can't do this to get a rooted 4.4.2?

Doesn't look like there is support for safe strap on KK,so no you can't update to this ROM until SS is compatible with 4.4.X Roms. Check the 4.3 ROMS for the Note 2

KCTheBearded

Jul 24, 2014
Victorville
www.BnMHomes.com
I feel like everyday it's a new surprise with this rom. Today I'm getting 4 different pop up closures. Hangouts, phone, context services and one drive all stopping. Anyone else having these issues? They all worked perfectly earlier today and yesterday. I haven't installed anything new.

Verizon Note 2
Nebula 4.4.2

xan3x

Sep 19, 2011
nyc
Hello , I am coming from DN3, I followed install instructions I am using cwm , flashed vrufnd7_debloat_build3 rebooted and get stuck on Verizon logo screen and cannot get back into recovery. Anyone else had this prob and if so please help.:confused:

one thing I did that might be the problem is I formatted /sdcard figured I would clear it up

Last edited:

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 8
I feel like everyday it's a new surprise with this rom. Today I'm getting 4 different pop up closures. Hangouts, phone, context services and one drive all stopping. Anyone else having these issues? They all worked perfectly earlier today and yesterday. I haven't installed anything new.

I've been running SR Remix for over a month now with no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: KCTheBearded

KCTheBearded

Jul 24, 2014
Victorville
www.BnMHomes.com

Verizon Note 2
Nebula 4.4.2

Now touch wiz Is closing and I can't use my phone at all. I have reflashed the rom and no change. Seems like everything is closing... any suggestions?

merashallan

May 21, 2007
Groveland
It sounds like your /data partition may be corrupt. Did you use twrp by any chance?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TBacker

Sep 12, 2008
I'm running the No Knox / Debloat version of this rom.

I'm getting 1-2 second hangs every minute or so. It's related to the attached logcat image - It appears the sound system is upsetting SecureStorage (Knox leftover?).

I did try setting the build.prop line to disable SecureStorage, but it has no effect on this error.

I've seen a few other unresolved lag / audio complaints in this thread.

Can anyone else look at their log and see if this is in there?

Attachments

• 1406648475066.jpg
    1406648475066.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

KCTheBearded

Jul 24, 2014
Victorville
www.BnMHomes.com
It sounds like your /data partition may be corrupt. Did you use twrp by any chance?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I used PhilZ. When I changed roms it was still giving me the FC's so I did a factory reset within the UI and it stopped the errors. Maybe I'll try that with this one but at a later date.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

abay1289

Jan 30, 2013
Any reason why ESPN Sports Center apps comes back with an install error code "-24"

If reinstall doesn't work, try to wipe data, factory reset.

If that doesn't work, you probably have a corrupt data partition. Check out the thread stickied in the general section. I had to do this when I was getting the same error trying to install a different app.

redrol

Dec 30, 2010
This ROM has absolutely horrible 4G speeds (and tethering) . I tested and get around 2-3Mb/s MAX on 4G. I've tried all builds of this as well. Rolled back to Alliance build 26 and speeds are back above 20Mb/s. Not too cool.:silly::mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/13/2014]

It's OFFICIAL!! 4.4.2 KitKat! Come get it! Not for use with safestrap as it requires the boot.img to be flashed.

• Install steps:
    Download Rom, Radio and SuperUser.zip. Verify MD5 on all of them
    • Recoveries:
    Latest PHILZ** or CWM
    • Coming from 4.1.2?
    You need flash 4.3 MJ9 firmware before flashing this. Thread can be found HERE

Once you have all these transfer ROM, Radio and SuperUser.zip to exsdcard.

Reboot into recovery

• PHILZ/CWM:
    Wipe to install New ROM.

Once flashed reboot

Go through setup

Reboot back into recovery. Flash SuperUser.zip and then Radio.

Done..

• Explanation:
    We have had several differences between phones..with builds, root etc. Please read these directions..Until a official tar is release we will prob continue to have these minor issues

Thanks to the whole N3BULA Team!

Anyone is free to use this.. Just please give proper credits ;)

:good::good:​
    Just got a little agro seeing my reboot mod has as many downloads as this thread has got thanks. These guys have put in DAYS to give you a solid build. Hit the freaking thanks button will ya?
    Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    :good::good:​

DOWNLOADS

Directions posted in OP hopefully that will solve some of the issues..
    Please read them..make sure you know what a FULL wipe is..
    Also those people not able to turn wifi on, have you flashed and updated to MJ9 firmware? If NOT.. you need to, to have working wifi..
    If you are still having issues, my next suggestion would be to odin back fully to stock, re run CASUAL and then try again.
    I will be all over this Monday if people continue to have issues. But PLEASE read the installation intrusions before you report your having issues.
    Know that A LOT people have already flashed this and it works perfect fine..so if you having issues make sure you are doing things correctly before blaming this STOCK ROM
    Thanks again for the support!

New Modem/Baseband: NEW ND7 4.4.2 RADIO

Deodex/No Knox Version: ND7_deknox_deodex.zip

Odex/Stock/Rooted/Knox Version: ND7_odex_rooted.zip

Debloated/Deodexed Version with updated core apps and external SD Fix: vrufnd7_debloat_build3.zip

UPDATED 06/18/2014!! Root now sticks with Philz latest only. TWRP causes write issues and root issues. Also KNOX has been fully removed! We will have the Official Tar up today as well..Hopefully that will fix charging issue with phone off

IF NO ROOT FLASH THIS in RECOVERY

If you consider donating..PLEASE send them to @krowley3 and @fkfmfz..If I receive any I will pass them to them

bfieza.jpg

14mrkg7.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/19/2014], ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    lacoursiere18, krowley3, fkfmfz, deckoz2302
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-05-27
    Last Updated 2014-06-20
    Mods..

4-way reboot

Imaged Battery 1% Mod
    Good news!

Well guys, I think we finally got it all worked out. May have been something wrong with our initial OTA download, so we redownloaded it and started from scratch. We have worked out the kinks from what I can tell. I am going to test overnight, but here is what we have:

Code:
    Deodexed
    No more knox
    Root sticks on boot
    init.d enabled
    busybox
    insecure boot.img

We are going to test this first, but I would like to think you will see this build sometime tomorrow!
    Cool. Whered you get the new radios?

New radio and kernel.. we have the ota, 4.4.2, pulled and rooted..build will be up tomorrow
    I just uploaded/updated the OP with two new builds.. I posted my findings with them below..

• No write data/app issues.
    • Wifi works
    • Root is if-y..If it does not work on reboot and hangs at "Disabling Knox" flash SuperUser v1.94
    • Then re open SU disbale knox
    • Profit..

We are continuously working on this today to get the best results..