[GAME] Herculaneum

Search This thread

Zappescu

May 19, 2011
Naples
Hi there,
I'm a newbie in the Android world, but I hardly worked for my first app just submitted last week! Well, I worked nights and weekends, but finally I have my first job online and I'm really proud of it.
It's a casual game in which a Volcano is explosing and people is running to be safe. The player should pick-up and drag the people on the boat in the harbour, ready to sail. More people saved, more points.

From the Amazon description:
What's that rumbling sound? Uh oh. The mountain is erupting!
It's 79 A.D. and Mount Vesuvius is blowing its stack. The Roman town of Herculaneum lies in the path of destruction.
Thousands of people will be smothered in mud and hot ash unless the town can be evacuated. A ship is ready in the port, but can the people reach it in time? This is an animated game for Android that all ages will enjoy.
Herculaneum was an actual town that was completely destroyed in the 1st-century eruption of Vesuvius. This game brings the tragedy to life with dramatic visuals.

promotional04.jpg

promotional01.jpg

promotional03.jpg

Clearly, after some level, the people will run very fast and the challenge is to catch the minimal amount of people to pass the stage.
Sometimes, a strange man will pass, wearing a black suit... are you sure you want to put on the boat with the others? ;)

promotional02.jpg

Players will be able to share theirs scores on a global leaderboard and they can see theirs ranks.
Besides, I recently added the "challenge" feature. In fact, you could challenge a friend or any player you want, betting virtual coins (the Aurei, the ancient romain coins) and win.
Anyone have 15 coins at the start of the game to use. Well, if it'll be interesting for players, I'll think about a way to share Aurei or to acquire them during the game.

Well, we enjoyed achieving our first game and we hope it would be funny for you too!

Here it is also the QRCode:

qrhfree.jpg

Besides, all the suggestions are welcomed! We're improving the game adding different features for next versions.

Have a good experience!

Zapp

Zappescu

May 19, 2011
Naples
Thank you guy! :)
The game still need improvements, mainly on debug (i don't know why sometimes Galaxy S owners write to me that the game doesn't work), but we're proud of this first result.
We're already working on another game, different kind, that should be available after next summer.

Stay tuned ;)

Zappescu

May 19, 2011
Naples
Downloaded! Looks pretty fun. :D

I'm glad you like it :)

I live 20 km from Herculaneum / Pompeii, two places to visit at least one time in life, awesome! The history of our Volcano (the Vesuvius) is really fascinating and I would like to think about a different kind to spread this story all over the world. So I though about a game and we're proud of our first results :D

Anyway, for all those like it, please leave me a comment on the Market (five stars are appreciated :) ) because this is one of the possibilities we have to be known everywhere. And if you want, subscribe to our the Facebook fan page.

All suggestions or comments are welcomed!!!!

Zappescu

May 19, 2011
Naples
I don't see the correlation between mount Vesuvius and anime characters.

Yes, this is a choice. When I asked my artists, I ask for such characters. They would be: funny, scared, cute, just like anime manga. Besides, I considered that on a 3" screen we couldn't use characters with a lot of details and anime, with theirs simple lines, would do the job.

Anyway, the contrast between people style and the rest of the game is clear and I know that not everybody will like them.

They're cute for me :D

Zappescu

May 19, 2011
Naples
Hello everybody,
the game is still under development and new features will be available soon.
Besides, I'd like to know if anyone would translate it in different languages but:
italian, english, french, spanish, german, russian (I'm waiting for russian in these days).
It isn't hard, almost 200 words.

Many thanks to all the Herculaneum gamers and I hope to see you also on our facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Herculaneum.Android

Hugs,

Zapp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,
    I'm a newbie in the Android world, but I hardly worked for my first app just submitted last week! Well, I worked nights and weekends, but finally I have my first job online and I'm really proud of it.
    It's a casual game in which a Volcano is explosing and people is running to be safe. The player should pick-up and drag the people on the boat in the harbour, ready to sail. More people saved, more points.

From the Amazon description:
    What's that rumbling sound? Uh oh. The mountain is erupting!
    It's 79 A.D. and Mount Vesuvius is blowing its stack. The Roman town of Herculaneum lies in the path of destruction.
    Thousands of people will be smothered in mud and hot ash unless the town can be evacuated. A ship is ready in the port, but can the people reach it in time? This is an animated game for Android that all ages will enjoy.
    Herculaneum was an actual town that was completely destroyed in the 1st-century eruption of Vesuvius. This game brings the tragedy to life with dramatic visuals.

promotional04.jpg

promotional01.jpg

promotional03.jpg

Clearly, after some level, the people will run very fast and the challenge is to catch the minimal amount of people to pass the stage.
    Sometimes, a strange man will pass, wearing a black suit... are you sure you want to put on the boat with the others? ;)

promotional02.jpg

Players will be able to share theirs scores on a global leaderboard and they can see theirs ranks.
    Besides, I recently added the "challenge" feature. In fact, you could challenge a friend or any player you want, betting virtual coins (the Aurei, the ancient romain coins) and win.
    Anyone have 15 coins at the start of the game to use. Well, if it'll be interesting for players, I'll think about a way to share Aurei or to acquire them during the game.

Well, we enjoyed achieving our first game and we hope it would be funny for you too!

Here it is also the QRCode:

qrhfree.jpg

Besides, all the suggestions are welcomed! We're improving the game adding different features for next versions.

Have a good experience!

Zapp
    A Newbie-Made a Game

You are a newbie and have code a game..yours post link is also referred by XDA Team...good going man..

Keep it up :)
    Can't wait to download this and give it a shot. I actually visited Herculaneum last summer, was really awesome!

Lou
    Downloaded! Looks pretty fun. :D
    Maybe add anime style to the bg also? Would be very attractive.