ALL JIG VALUES here!

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
I've found the datasheet for the FSA9280 online today. So, now I can post about it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d4e21efhuktctcb

This datasheet is valid for all GalaxyS and GalaxySII devices.

Ok... So, first off.. A JIG is the line on the FSA chip which leads to the processor. The JIG line is usually high. Any resistor which makes that line go LOW is a JIG resistor.
These are the JIG values. They are used on the usb port between pins 4(X or ID) and pin 5(ground).
jigvalues.png

Here are the rest:
allresistorvalues.png

Last edited:

othermark

Sep 27, 2010
WA
Ok, so obviously the most interesting is the the factory mode boot on UART. Good stuff.

itskapil

Apr 8, 2010
Bhilwara
Didn't get much, but would be very happy if this helps in the development of devices/JIGs that would help in unbricking the dead devices. And this what is intended of all this, as I get it.

yaboydrew

Apr 15, 2010
I see there is an audio remote thing. Would it be possible to make an app in visual basic and use my sound card and a aux cable in the phone 3.5mm jack and send that into my phone?

Edit: there is also alot of commands on there with diffrent Ohms what do those commands do?

tamas970

Jan 2, 2010
Great finding Adam!

I would like to prepare a rescue set for the SGS-2, from a JIG and a microSD. If I read your table correctly, the 301kOhm USB JIG forces the device to boot in "Factory mode 1".

Is there a description somewhere, what these modes mean? (my goal is to convince the device to look for the bootloader on the microSD)

Erbid

Dec 24, 2007
Moto G7 Power
Yes,

301k across pins 4 and 5 (If I recall correctly, 4 typically has no wire on in in a usb cable. It is not the shield wire.) if you carve enough insulation off a mini USB plug.

Take the battery out, wait a bit, put it in, and plug in the plug.

You have just accomplished the 3 button boot!

I was looking at a thread earlier today on the I9000 I believe:
"Fun with Resistors"
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820275

Erbid
(Waiting for my Captivate to arrive)

tamas970

Jan 2, 2010
I know, this is the background for the "resurrection" Jig-s sold on ebay.

Does anyone knows, what "factory mode 1" means for booting? Is it possible, to prepare a microSD to load the bootloader from there, in case the bootloader(s) on the phone are corrupt?

Yes,

301k across pins 4 and 5 (If I recall correctly, 4 typically has no wire on in in a usb cable. It is not the shield wire.) if you carve enough insulation off a mini USB plug.

Take the battery out, wait a bit, put it in, and plug in the plug.

You have just accomplished the 3 button boot!

I was looking at a thread earlier today on the I9000 I believe:
"Fun with Resistors"
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820275

Erbid
(Waiting for my Captivate to arrive)

canedha

Jun 6, 2011
does anybody know which value triggers the mhl mode? or which value of those accords to the mhl cable ?

greetz canedha

zhenyouliu

Jun 13, 2012
can you solve my problem with my ME600? it seems to be hard brick with no respond after press the power button.but i can feel vibrake when touch that three light sensor buttons.

mai77

Nov 16, 2011
great find !

seems to me, the datasheet does not talk much about the fact, that the jig also powers up the whole device. The Galaxy schematics are more lucid in that respect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've found the datasheet for the FSA9280 online today. So, now I can post about it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?d4e21efhuktctcb

This datasheet is valid for all GalaxyS and GalaxySII devices.

Ok... So, first off.. A JIG is the line on the FSA chip which leads to the processor. The JIG line is usually high. Any resistor which makes that line go LOW is a JIG resistor.
    These are the JIG values. They are used on the usb port between pins 4(X or ID) and pin 5(ground).
    jigvalues.png

Here are the rest:
    allresistorvalues.png