App & Widgets from other tablets in one place! *Updated 10/24/11*

Search This thread

JonGarrett

Mar 9, 2011
Bklyn, NY
Here's my contribution., the printer app from the Toshiba Thrive. It works on my 10.1 the same as it does on my Thrive.

Attachments

• PrinterShare_us.zip
    948.4 KB · Views: 846

hugo_san

Feb 4, 2010
I cannot install the Asus email widget. I used root explorer and moved the file into the system/app folder. Am I missing anything?

cameraz

Feb 3, 2011
So file station, myfiles, or the thrive file manager won't work. Just can't seem to locate the systems/app folder

I downloaded the apk files on my desktop PC, then dragged them into dropbox. I then opened dropbox on my Gtab, and when I tapped on each apk it asked me if I wanted to install them. Way cool! Thanks to the OP for this.

webdogk9

Jul 23, 2010
Ok here's the Asus Deskclock Widget.
It's a bit of an odd fit as it encompass the DeskClock app, which doesn't seem to work and will crash on startup. I think you can pick it out with Autostarts.
You have to push it into the system/app folder then reboot into CWM and fix permissions to get it to appear.

Attachments

• deskclock.zip
    545.7 KB · Views: 1,120
Last edited:

185driver

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for posting these apks. Fantastic. They work well for me except the Acer Iconia A500 Digital Clock Widget. It says it installs fine when I tap on the apk file, but it won't show up in the widget item list even after a reboot. Is anyone else having success (or issues) with this widget? TIA.

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Thanks for posting these apks. Fantastic. They work well for me except the Acer Iconia A500 Digital Clock Widget. It says it installs fine when I tap on the apk file, but it won't show up in the widget item list even after a reboot. Is anyone else having success (or issues) with this widget? TIA.

I used it for couple days. Did you move the widget to /system/app or try to install it after transferring it to the SD card.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

olytrojan

Jun 16, 2010
So file station, myfiles, or the thrive file manager won't work. Just can't seem to locate the systems/app folder

Are you rooted? If you are then get Root Explorer from the market, it's the best file manager that I have found. If you aren't rooted I don't think you can access the system/app folder.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

cameraz

Feb 3, 2011

I installed this digital clock widget with no problems. I had it in Dropbox and installed very easily. The only problem is that it won't keep the correct time! When I first put it on my screen the time was in sync, but a little while later the time is way off. I double-checked all the settings, but it still won't work properly. I'm afraid I'm going to have to uninstall it.

Also, the Asus weather widget looks very cool, but it doesn't seem to update. I have it set to refresh every hour (the minimum about of time you can select), but I always have to go into the menu and refresh it manually.

My old weather widget (WeatherBug) used to refresh every time I turned my Tab on.

Last edited:

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
Anyone know a good transparent weather widget?

EDIT : Never mind Asus weather widget is awesome and it is what I was looking for :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts