[SPLASH] myTouch 4G Splash Screens

Search This thread
G

glacierguy

Forgive me for sounding like a noob (I have flashed splash screens on this device before, but a while ago and I think the issue is more uncommon than we think) and I am very appreciative of you taking the time to help me on this.

I went to rename the file and the highlighted text that I could rename was "custom.img" with no ".zip" extension. I can't open the zip file to get into the "tools..." as you instructed. When I right-click>properties the custom.img file, it says the name is "custom.img".

marketingmike

Mar 15, 2011
thanks!

Before we get started, here's the usual.... I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. Period. Do this at your own risk.

TrueBlue_Drew has made this very easy! Just follow this link to view his thread for automated converting and flashing. There are a couple of other methods to flash these as well. Keep scrolling to find instructions on flashing through fastboot or through terminal.

Requirements to Flash Through Fastboot:
Rooted MT4G/G2
ADB and Fastboot
Engineering HBOOT!!!! (This is important! You need the ability to flash with fastboot in order to use this! If you don't know what fastboot is I would not recommend doing this! Fastboot can be risky!)

Since we got the ability to flash custom splash screens I went and flashed an N1 splash screen. I wanted a little myTouch flavor added in, so I took a little time and this is what I came up with.

I also got a request for a plain HTC splash screen, so those just got added in. I'm going to try to keep new ones coming. If you find an image that you really like and don't know how to convert it, just post it and I'll convert it when I get a chance (must be 480x800).

INSTRUCTIONS:
Just unzip the contents of the zip file to the tools folder of your AndroidSDK (or wherever you have fastboot installed).
Plug your phone into the computer (Debugging enabled of course)
Open a command window
Type adb devices to make sure your computer recognizes the device
cd to the folder where you have fastboot and the splash screen .img
Type adb reboot bootloader
Your screen should say fastboot, not Hboot. If it says Hboot, manually scroll down and switch to fastboot mode.
Once in the fastboot bootloader type fastboot devices to make sure your computer recognizes the device
Type fastboot flash splash1 nexuscustom.img
It will say okay twice
Then type fastboot reboot
Stare at your brand new splash screen!

Requirements to Flash Through Terminal Emulator (THANK YOU TrueBlue_Drew!):
Rooted with S=OFF
Terminal Emulator
Fingers

Thanks to QTeknology for his original post with his Nexus One splash screen I used. Also, a most important thank you to reukiodo for his guide to creating/installing the splash screens which you can find here if you'd like to make your own.

Almost forgot.... Nandroid cannot restore the stock splash screen! This is a permanent change! If you want to return to stock splash you will have to flash stock .img. The original splash screen .img is here as well if anyone needs to return their phone for a warranty.

The next post contains the downloads. All splash screens are split between the two zip files to save space.

With each of the HTC splash screens, there are smaller versions of each.

These splash screens were originally made by JSZESZE for the Evo 4G. I stumbled across them and thought that they would look awesome on our phones! Huge thanks to JSZESZE for allowing me to post these here! If you have any friends with an Evo, they can get their copies by following this link.

I have a lot of colors up in post# 349: Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, and Yellow. If you want a different color just ask. I should be able to make any color for you. If you want an exact color, please provide the Hex value.

-----------------------------

Find the Apple Killers in post# 334:

Post# 337:

Check out post 73 for a couple of personal requests.

These are a Cyanogen colored version of the myTouch 4G splash screens that were requested by jdkoren. Just click the pictures to get to the post with the downloads.

------------------------------

Then these two were made by other members and look fantastic!

jbrew78 made this one:

and this one by UntamedDeviance:

Untamed Deviance has a thread with a whole bunch of awesome splash screens. Check them out here. He even does requests! Huge thumbs up!

I used one of these before but just changed it to the plain google and it's awesome great work.

joser916

Oct 16, 2010
Sacramento
OnePlus 9
Since the NBA season is back!

can someone please make a splash screen (when you have time) with a
Black back ground

And must contain any combination of the fallowing... (if possible)

1. Simple mobile logo (mysimplemobile.com)
2. Mytouch 4g rooted logo
3. Sacramento kings logo
4. Android robot with arms crossed while wearing what looks to appear to be a sacramento kings jersey (if possible)
5. A very small official NBA logo at bottom right conner

Thank you

HTC MyTouch 4g - Black
Rom - Royalginger v3.0
kernel - ckisgen aosp smartass 2.0
Rooted True S-Off - Yes
Battery - 18 hours Heavy Usage (Calls/Video Calls/Music)
XDA Premium app

Last edited:

bigz1981

Mar 8, 2012
I love the splash screens! Using HTC glacier Cyan img from first post. Also have Rooted HTC Glacier in Blue from 2nd post. Will post up some of my own designs sometime next week if I have enough time to play on Photoshop. =)

Last edited:

bigz1981

Mar 8, 2012
Need jpg or other image file formats from the other screens, so I can get parts from them & utilize them. I tried img to jpg converters to no avail...help!

VolcanicSkunk

Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
Reactions: bigz1981

bigz1981

Mar 8, 2012
Use this guide to convert any of the .img formats into a .png. Then use Photoshop/Gimp or another image editor to convert to .jpeg.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=834267&nojs=1#goto_threadsearch

I was coming back to edit my last post & found this. Thanks for the info. I found another thread with a converter, so I was able to get the png and use it. I use photoshop, so format wasn't so much of an issue, as long as it was converted from the img file. But I am now able to convert back & forth, so I'm having some fun. Here's my own personal boot screen:

Attachments

• MT4GBoot-Z.jpg
    MT4GBoot-Z.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

VolcanicSkunk

Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
As you can see from the boot screen I posted, I was trying to get the Cyan MyTouch4G with the Android next to it from the OP. I just adjusted the color balance to make it more blue & fit in with my design.

Since you're using Photoshop here is a zipped psd of the Cyan splash screen from the op so you can edit the image precisely to your liking. :)

Attachments

• CyanCyanogenSplash.zip
    399.9 KB · Views: 10

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Here's a little boot splash I made, it's my first splash screen so if you have any pointers please tell me! It's a ICS styled splash screen that says "htc glacier"
Tell me what you think! :) (Especially that I did it with MSPaint for XP)
scaled.php

Attachments

• custom.img
    750 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: NatsuDragneell

simplyrafa8

Nov 5, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Here's a little boot splash I made, it's my first splash screen so if you have any pointers please tell me! It's a ICS styled splash screen that says "htc glacier"
Tell me what you think! :) (Especially that I did it with MSPaint for XP)
scaled.php

Noob question time... so will this whole flash your own splash screen work on ICS roms?

Jul 7, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Death Of Superman Cape Splash Screen

Here are two Superman Splash Screens from the Death Of Superman. One is just the plain torn cape and the other is the same but with the HTC quietly brilliant logo.

bloody_insane

Jun 3, 2012
Custom made this for myself. Thought I'd share it.

Variation of the stock splash, inspired by VolcanicSkunk's "pinkandroid."

Stock splash, with "rooted" text added in t-mobile/mytouch theme colors, and the reflection extended a bit. Enjoy!

Attachments

• splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 499
  • splash.img
    750 KB · Views: 14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before we get started, here's the usual.... I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. Period. Do this at your own risk.

TrueBlue_Drew has made this very easy! Just follow this link to view his thread for automated converting and flashing. There are a couple of other methods to flash these as well. Keep scrolling to find instructions on flashing through fastboot or through terminal.

Requirements to Flash Through Fastboot:
    Rooted MT4G/G2
    ADB and Fastboot
    Engineering HBOOT!!!! (This is important! You need the ability to flash with fastboot in order to use this! If you don't know what fastboot is I would not recommend doing this! Fastboot can be risky!)

Since we got the ability to flash custom splash screens I went and flashed an N1 splash screen. I wanted a little myTouch flavor added in, so I took a little time and this is what I came up with.

I also got a request for a plain HTC splash screen, so those just got added in. I'm going to try to keep new ones coming. If you find an image that you really like and don't know how to convert it, just post it and I'll convert it when I get a chance (must be 480x800).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Just unzip the contents of the zip file to the tools folder of your AndroidSDK (or wherever you have fastboot installed).
    Plug your phone into the computer (Debugging enabled of course)
    Open a command window
    Type adb devices to make sure your computer recognizes the device
    cd to the folder where you have fastboot and the splash screen .img
    Type adb reboot bootloader
    Your screen should say fastboot, not Hboot. If it says Hboot, manually scroll down and switch to fastboot mode.
    Once in the fastboot bootloader type fastboot devices to make sure your computer recognizes the device
    Type fastboot flash splash1 nexuscustom.img
    It will say okay twice
    Then type fastboot reboot
    Stare at your brand new splash screen!

Requirements to Flash Through Terminal Emulator (THANK YOU TrueBlue_Drew!):
    Rooted with S=OFF
    Terminal Emulator
    Fingers

Here is how to flash a new splash screen image to your phone using Terminal emulator. Please keep in mind that as with any mod you can damage your phone beyond repair if done incorrectly.

1. Rename your 480x800 image file to custom.img and move it to your sdcard.

2.Open Terminal Emulator and type "su" to get a #

3.Then type this exactly as it appears and hit enter. Make sure not to make any mistakes!!!
    Code:
     dd if=/mnt/sdcard/custom.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19

It should show you that the file has transfered. You can now back out of terminal emulator and reboot your phone to see the new splash screen.

Thanks to QTeknology for his original post with his Nexus One splash screen I used. Also, a most important thank you to reukiodo for his guide to creating/installing the splash screens which you can find here if you'd like to make your own.

Almost forgot.... Nandroid cannot restore the stock splash screen! This is a permanent change! If you want to return to stock splash you will have to flash stock .img. The original splash screen .img is here as well if anyone needs to return their phone for a warranty.

The next post contains the downloads. All splash screens are split between the two zip files to save space.

With each of the HTC splash screens, there are smaller versions of each.

These splash screens were originally made by JSZESZE for the Evo 4G. I stumbled across them and thought that they would look awesome on our phones! Huge thanks to JSZESZE for allowing me to post these here! If you have any friends with an Evo, they can get their copies by following this link.

I have a lot of colors up in post# 349: Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, and Yellow. If you want a different color just ask. I should be able to make any color for you. If you want an exact color, please provide the Hex value.

Find the Apple Killers in post# 334:

Post# 337:

Check out post 73 for a couple of personal requests.

These are a Cyanogen colored version of the myTouch 4G splash screens that were requested by jdkoren. Just click the pictures to get to the post with the downloads.

------------------------------

Then these two were made by other members and look fantastic!

jbrew78 made this one:

and this one by UntamedDeviance:

Untamed Deviance has a thread with a whole bunch of awesome splash screens. Check them out here. He even does requests! Huge thumbs up!
    Here's a splash screen I made if anyone wants to use it. Just unzip it for the .img file.

HTCGlacier.png
    Downloads here!!!!

Also the stock splash screen.

Had a request for a pink myTouch 4G screen for all the ladies here on XDA.

The last one I found while searching for HTC logos. It looks awesome as a splash screen!

TrueBlue_Drew also edited the HTC Special. He made it blue and added "rooted" to it. Really slick! Grab it from post 235.

attachment.php
    Could someone please take the green HTC splash on page 1 and change it to like a glacier blue and also put

"Rooted"
    "Glacier"

Above the HTC.
    Also could out do the above without changing the color. Please and thank you

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    You are talking about the HTCspecial one right? and how and what size do you want the "rooted and Glacier"

Edit: Didnt hear back so hope this is ok. Remove the .zip from the file name and flash it.
    @iblaststatic & AndroidFeens: Monday seemed like too long to wait! So, here you go! I hope you like them. :) By the way, that plain Google logo looks so good! Good call on that Feens!