[Q] Help Needed: Unbrick my P500!

Search This thread

agk.ganesh

May 26, 2009
Hi,

I have put more than 12 hours of my time, before creating this thread. I have tried things, but still struck, so thought to post it in a new thread. Thanks for all your time.

Currently struck in,
fastboot mode started udc_start()
I tried, fastboot erase recovery -> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img -> fastboot reboot (successfully). But it still struck at same place after reboot.
I tried with different recovery images, but still the same observation. I tried to boot by key combination (volume down+home+power), still same observation.

Earlier, I installed ROM manager through google play and installed CWM recovery, version 5.xxx (which I feel now is a mistake), as I tried to install CM11 from MukilSoni, which needs CWM version 6.xx +. I am able to go into recovery and select CM11 image through CWM and proceed with install steps. But, after initial selection in CWM (like app install, etc) it rebooted and went into fastboot mode.I checked the log, it ended with some return error 7.
Then, I tried to Google and check how to recover from fastboot mode, but all failed. I didnt tried KDZ method, but thought to hear from you guys before making it more messy.

Glad, if I get any help and appreciate it.

Thanks for reading it and your time.

Regards,
Ganesh

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
Hi,

I have put more than 12 hours of my time, before creating this thread. I have tried things, but still struck, so thought to post it in a new thread. Thanks for all your time.

Currently struck in,
I tried, fastboot erase recovery -> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img -> fastboot reboot (successfully). But it still struck at same place after reboot.
I tried with different recovery images, but still the same observation. I tried to boot by key combination (volume down+home+power), still same observation.

Earlier, I installed ROM manager through google play and installed CWM recovery, version 5.xxx (which I feel now is a mistake), as I tried to install CM11 from MukilSoni, which needs CWM version 6.xx +. I am able to go into recovery and select CM11 image through CWM and proceed with install steps. But, after initial selection in CWM (like app install, etc) it rebooted and went into fastboot mode.I checked the log, it ended with some return error 7.
Then, I tried to Google and check how to recover from fastboot mode, but all failed. I didnt tried KDZ method, but thought to hear from you guys before making it more messy.

Regards,
Ganesh

Did you ever try pull out the battery, reinsert, reboot system with 3 buttons combination? I got several fastboot mode as you're facing, and the system works just fine using above method.
I think you got just soft brick. Please, keep the device stay untouched until someone with such expertise to solve the problem will guide you. I think @akiratoriyama can share his bad experience bricking his lovely p500.
Wish you luck. :)

PS.
You must to press three buttons a bit longer, do not release it, until recovery mode appearing. Otherwise fastboot mode or blank screen showing instead.

Sent from my Optimus One using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

androidck

Jan 2, 2014
Hi,

Currently struck in,

Regards,
Ganesh

Two years ago I bricked my phone also after using ROM manger. Though I will never ever use this or similar tools again. But at least, if I remember correctly, I could revive my phone with the "fastboot erase recovery" method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1088046. But since you failed is seems to be another problem. I am not a fastboot expert ;), but since you bricked your phone with ROM manager too, I wanted to share my success story with above mentioned method and installing AmonRa recovery. So maybe you will give it a second try? All I can remember is, that it is extremely important to follow the instructions exactly.

agk.ganesh

May 26, 2009
Did you ever try pull out the battery, reinsert, reboot system with 3 buttons combination? I got several fastboot mode as you're facing, and the system works just fine using above method.
I think you got just soft brick. Please, keep the device stay untouched until someone with such expertise to solve the problem will guide you. I think @akiratoriyama can share his bad experience bricking his lovely p500.

PS.
You must to press three buttons a bit longer, do not release it, until recovery mode appearing. Otherwise fastboot mode or blank screen showing instead.

Two years ago I bricked my phone also after using ROM manger. Though I will never ever use this or similar tools again. But at least, if I remember correctly, I could revive my phone with the "fastboot erase recovery" method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1088046. But since you failed is seems to be another problem. I am not a fastboot expert ;), but since you bricked your phone with ROM manager too, I wanted to share my success story with above mentioned method and installing AmonRa recovery. So maybe you will give it a second try? All I can remember is, that it is extremely important to follow the instructions exactly.

Thanks @xu3sno & @androidck
I am also getting help from mukulsoni & others in Official CM11 version 10 thread.

I am able to go into the flash tool (pointed by mukulsoni, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49567169&postcount=45)
and able to go 'Select kernel to hotboot' with recovery.img (CWMod-6.4.0.6-Jan16)
But rebooting by HOME+Volume DOWN+POWER --> goes into CWM recovery of v5.0.2.0 (which i installed initially)

I am thinking, what to do next.
I will keep my progress posted here.

Thanks for listening..

Reactions: xu3sno

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
I am also getting help from mukulsoni & others in Official CM11 version 10 thread.

I am able to go into the flash tool (pointed by mukulsoni, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49567169&postcount=45)
and able to go 'Select kernel to hotboot' with recovery.img (CWMod-6.4.0.6-Jan16)
But rebooting by HOME+Volume DOWN+POWER --> goes into CWM recovery of v5.0.2.0 (which i installed initially)

Thanks for listening..

Are you sure that you are booting into cwm v5.0.2.0? Version is listed at the top. If that is true, then either the flash tool failed to flash cwm v6.4.0.6, or you have chosen the wrong recovery.img. This can easily happen since they all have the same name. Try to flash it again, but make sure that you use the correct image.
Also, I believe that you may not have any rom installed, or existing rom might be corrupted. So you may want to flash a cm-9 or cm-10.x rom first, just to stabilize and to be sure that you are healthy. Those can be flashed using cwm 5.0.2.0. I can post a link or two, if you'd like.

Edit: Here is a link to cm-10.1.6:
http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/view/All/job/android/597/
Gapps already included.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mns123

Dec 13, 2007
God's own country
Are you sure that you are booting into cwm v5.0.2.0?
Also, I believe that you may not have any rom installed, or existing rom might be corrupted. So you may want to flash a cm-9 or cm-10.x rom first, just to stabilize and to be sure that you are healthy. Those can be flashed using cwm 5.0.2.0. I can post a link or two, if you'd like.

+1

Last edited:

agk.ganesh

May 26, 2009
CM10.1.6 worked

Are you sure that you are booting into cwm v5.0.2.0? Version is listed at the top. If that is true, then either the flash tool failed to flash cwm v6.4.0.6, or you have chosen the wrong recovery.img. This can easily happen since they all have the same name. Try to flash it again, but make sure that you use the correct image.

Gapps already included.

Thanks @ibub for your helping hand.
I will check why recovery image not upgrading as expected. (I didn't manually download CWM5.xx version to my PC. I got it via ROM manager app, so i hope I haven't chosen wrong image)

Yes, I got CM10.1.6 from your link and installation went successfully and able to boot up..:)
But, it is very slow. (May be it will take some time?!) I will check it.

Between, @mukulsoni advised to install CWM6.xxx via CWM5.0.2.0. I will check how it goes.

Thanks. :)

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
Thanks @ibub for your helping hand.
I will check why recovery image not upgrading as expected. (I didn't manually download CWM5.xx version to my PC. I got it via ROM manager app, so i hope I haven't chosen wrong image)

Yes, I got CM10.1.6 from your link and installation went successfully and able to boot up..:)
But, it is very slow. (May be it will take some time?!) I will check it.

Between, @mukulsoni advised to install CWM6.xxx via CWM5.0.2.0. I will check how it goes.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I chose to post that link only to make sure that your phone is healthy. Now you can install any recovery/rom that you want. If your volume keys are broken, I suggest that you flash to twrp recovery. It's touch driven. :)

agk.ganesh

May 26, 2009
Thanks

Yeah, I chose to post that link only to make sure that your phone is healthy. Now you can install any recovery/rom that you want. If your volume keys are broken, I suggest that you flash to twrp recovery. It's touch driven. :)

Yes, I will try installing now new recovery and then new ROM.
Very glad to see the support from you guys... Thanks ibub and all.. :) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Currently struck in,

Regards,
    Ganesh

PS.

Hi,

Currently struck in,

Regards,
    Ganesh

Are you sure that you are booting into cwm v5.0.2.0?

+1
    [rant] NEVER EVER USE KDZ. PERIOD. :crying: [/rant]

Best of luck on your ROM journey :good:

Thanks for listening..

Gapps already included.