[Q] - Can you downgrade XT1058 from 4.4.3 to 4.2.2

Search This thread

SanD-82

Nov 10, 2013
Moto G40 / G60
Hello guys, thanks for reading the post.

My question is if someone knows if you can downgrade from kk 4.4.3 to jb 4.2.2 (with or without camera OTA)...

I'm not happy with my battery life on kk... If I cannot fix this somehow, I would consider downgrading...

Thanks for any advise that you could give me.

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hello guys, thanks for reading the post.

My question is if someone knows if you can downgrade from kk 4.4.3 to jb 4.2.2 (with or without camera OTA)...

I'm not happy with my battery life on kk... If I cannot fix this somehow, I would consider downgrading...

Thanks for any advise that you could give me.

No. If you attempt to downgrade you will brick your phone and life will suck!

Joseluize

Aug 17, 2011
Dont do it!

I bricked my phone when I tried to downgrade because bootloader is updated in the process. something.gpt :rolleyes:

SanD-82

Nov 10, 2013
Moto G40 / G60
Yeah, you have to be very carefull about that, because boot loader changed from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2...
But there is a tutorial that says it can be done from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2, but I have not been able to find anything about 4.4.3...

D

Darth

Just....don't. I remember a thread about downgrading too. But if one little thing goes wrong....you'll be phone shopping.

So to summarize..... Don't!!! Unless you got money to spare. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

P.s. Don't!!!!!

SanD-82

Nov 10, 2013
Moto G40 / G60
Thank you guys...
I'll follow your recommendation, and won't downgrade...
I really don't like the battery life I'm getting on kk...

D

Darth

This is one of the tutorials I've found...

http://www.android.gs/downgrade-restore-moto-x-stock-android-os/

Seems pretty straight forward right?
No one is going to say yes, no problem. There is risk. Anything can happen.

To me its Russian roulette. ;)

Just my opinion. ?

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Wait!!!! Noooooo. That was SURELY written for 4.4. You can downgrade from 4.4 no problem. The new nasty un-downgradable bootloader started with 4.4.2.

That method I think simply will fail. Best case. Worst case, it bricks you. Medium case....it works....one day you take an OTA by accident, paperweight. ;)

The method of downgrading was NOT with rsd. It was manually flashing and not flashing bootloader and some other stuff. Some people screwed it up and bricked. That pretty much stopped the supporters of downgrading from debating their point. Lol

Listen....for your sake....unless you have the money for a new phone on the table beside you, or an old device you're perfectly happy with going back to.....do not attempt to downgrade.

I'm not talking about this taboo subject any more. Lol

Good luck with whatever you do. ?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Sorry, my first reply, I hadn't actually read the link. That is NOT going to work. Period. :)

HeroOfTime

Jun 29, 2010
Mountain Green

I would be wary using that method. Looking at the comments, one was posted before 4.4.2, 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 was released, so it is probably an older guide meant to be used with 4.4 only. The other comment (yeah, there are only two) asked if it works with 4.4.2, but no answer was given. Attempting this will likely cause you to brick, or set your phone up to brick upon an update. As has been said before, you can take the risk, but I think most everyone here would suggest that you work out the battery issues you are having with KitKat via a different method.

Edit:
What KJ edited his post to say.

Reactions: SanD-82

SanD-82

Nov 10, 2013
Moto G40 / G60
Yeah, I won't be downgrading...
I really wish I never upgraded to kk, it's not nearly as optimized for the x as 4.2.2 was...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would be wary using that method. Looking at the comments, one was posted before 4.4.2, 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 was released, so it is probably an older guide meant to be used with 4.4 only. The other comment (yeah, there are only two) asked if it works with 4.4.2, but no answer was given. Attempting this will likely cause you to brick, or set your phone up to brick upon an update. As has been said before, you can take the risk, but I think most everyone here would suggest that you work out the battery issues you are having with KitKat via a different method.

Edit:
    What KJ edited his post to say.