[Q] Before I resell my One S...questions about rebate and micro sim...

Search This thread

nathan118

Mar 4, 2010
I recently bought a Galaxy Nexus, so I used my Tmo upgrade to get the One S, and now I want to turn around and sell it to subsidize my Nexus.

The $50 rebate sounds like I basically have to use it. The requirements are:

1) To qualify for this rebate card offer, you must reach the qualifying handset and Data/Messaging requirements below through T-Mobile Customer Care. Qualifying activations include T-Mobile Refurbished Device products.

2) Offer only valid on plans with a two-year contract.

3) To be eligible for the rebate card: (i) your submitted materials must be validated by T-Mobile; (ii) you must have an active account meeting the rebate eligibility requirements; and (iii) your upgraded handset must be used to complete at least one call on your extended line of service.​

Here's my dilemma. Most people who will want this phone won't meet those requirements. So selling the phone with the rebate unfulfilled won't be useful to a lot of people. It also wants your customer account number, so they might do some cross checking to make sure you really bought the phone.

For me to claim it before selling it, I'll need to make a call on my line, meaning I'll need to activate the included micro sim on my account and make a call. That means I'll have to use the micro sim included.

Is it that hard to get a new micro sim? If I use it, can whoever buys the phone just walk into T-mobile and get a new one? Was hoping to sell it NIB without opening it, but now I can at least power it on and take a picture showing it working.

Anything I'm missing? Thanks for the help everybody.

Blackjack3d

Jul 30, 2010
I dunno about the whole rebate situation but I know you can get a micro sim cutter that turns a normal sized sim card into a micro sim. Maybe there'll be one included in the box (I dunno about that yet, I get my One S on Tuesday :D ) but they can be bought for pretty cheap anyway.

nathan118

Mar 4, 2010
Any idea if I activate and use the micro sim that came with the One S...will that deactivate the old sim I'm using in my galaxy nexus?

And feel free to give your opinion...what would you rather get...a NIB never opened One S....or one that has been opened with proof of powering on?

Last edited:

nathan118

Mar 4, 2010
Yes, it will. You can only have one sim activated per line.

That's what I was afraid. Tmo has made it pretty darn difficult to redeem this thing. Would have to activate micro sim (now buyer has to get one), and then I have to go get a new regular sim for my nexus. Ugh...not worth it.

I'll include all the rebate stuff and whoever gets it can try and claim it!

makomek

Jul 2, 2009
Area 51
Go to the Galaxy Nexus and ask it there,we don't need thread like this to take up space or dial 611 and ask them and close this thread!

shinkinrui

Oct 8, 2009
Go to the Galaxy Nexus and ask it there,we don't need thread like this to take up space or dial 611 and ask them and close this thread!

>Doesn't even properly read thread
>Tries to tell others how to use forum

34xjkwn.png

mfw

nathan118

Mar 4, 2010
Bought two (one on wife's line, one on mine). So I'll sell one opened with proof of powering up, and the other completely unopened. Trying to claim the rebates seemed like too much of a pain. Maybe if the buyers get lucky they'll be able to claim it.

Thanks for all the help.

kyuubi_ac

Oct 13, 2011
Hamburg
@makomek: what the heck? calm down..

@nathan118:
Regarding the sim card: There's no problem about activating the micro sim and using it in your GN as well. Sim-Adapters work fine and really don't cost much.

Reactions: nathan118

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any idea if I activate and use the micro sim that came with the One S...will that deactivate the old sim I'm using in my galaxy nexus?

Yes, it will. You can only have one sim activated per line.
    @makomek: what the heck? calm down..

@nathan118:
    Regarding the sim card: There's no problem about activating the micro sim and using it in your GN as well. Sim-Adapters work fine and really don't cost much.