Signal shuts off when on standby

Search This thread

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
I've searched this before on google and found a similar thread but only the data shut off for that person... I completely lose signal though whenever i flash a custom rom and go on standby... works perfectly fine on stock but if I try hyperdrive or wicked (only 2 I've attempted) and i shut the screen off the whole signal disappears but reappears a second or 2 after I turn it back on. Any idea what the problem can be? I've tried both CWM and TWRP and both have the same results, I've tried reflashing the radio also to no avail... I hate stock roms someone help plz lol

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
What's your baseband version? Are you still on the MDL bootloader? If so you need to flash the mk2 baseband for your data to work. Go to settings about device and check your baseband version. I'll let you know more one we know what version you have.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: killaray

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
What's your baseband version? Are you still on the MDL bootloader? If so you need to flash the mk2 baseband for your data to work. Go to settings about device and check your baseband version. I'll let you know more one we know what version you have.

MDL i guess, M919UVUAMDL

my data works though... the issue is that on standby all cell signal drops not just data but everything i get the cancel sign.

ps. I found a thread with the MK2 baseband.. but apparently theres 1 for GSM and a seperate LTE file.. do i flash both? how does that work?

Last edited:

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
MDL i guess, M919UVUAMDL

my data works though... the issue is that on standby all cell signal drops not just data but everything i get the cancel sign.

ps. I found a thread with the MK2 baseband.. but apparently theres 1 for GSM and a seperate LTE file.. do i flash both? how does that work?

Only flash the modem.bin file.

☞ Sent from here☜

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
MDL i guess, M919UVUAMDL

Yes only flash the modem.bin! Do not flash the bootloader or you will void your warranty. Make sure the files you flash are for the SGH-M919. After you flash the modem.bin make sure that it sticks check your baseband again and make sure it says mk2. Sometimes you have to flash the modem more than once for it to stick.

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
Feel as if my service has suffered since the flash, is mk2 known to have service issues compared to MDL? If not would a possible kernel flash possibly rectify the issues I'm perceiving?

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
Feel as if my service has suffered since the flash, is mk2 known to have service issues compared to MDL? If not would a possible kernel flash possibly rectify the issues I'm perceiving?

At the beginning there was issues. It was mostly kernel related. I am on dbombrom from dannyben and have never had an issue. You should give it a try it's pretty awesome. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611442

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
I need to revert to mdl if im gonna be able to try anything. .. This connection is horrible and I'm out of the country so I have no access to Internet besides my phone unless I go wifi hunting

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
I need to revert to mdl if im gonna be able to try anything. .. This connection is horrible and I'm out of the country so I have no access to Internet besides my phone unless I go wifi hunting

Dbombrom will fix your data drop issue. If you don't want to try that now I suggest you flash the latest kt kernel just Google it and flash the late one for M919 android 4.3 it may also fix your issue.

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
Dbombrom will fix your data drop issue. If you don't want to try that now I suggest you flash the latest kt kernel just Google it and flash the late one for M919 android 4.3 it may also fix your issue.

I'm on stock now, but when i was on wicked it had the kt kernel default and was the same if not worse than stock... the issues isnt that i dont wanna dl dbomb its that i cant with this horribly slow connection lol... you wouldnt by any chance have a link to mdl modem so i can revert back and start from the top?

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
I'm on stock now, but when i was on wicked it had the kt kernel default and was the same if not worse than stock... the issues isnt that i dont wanna dl dbomb its that i cant with this horribly slow connection lol... you wouldnt by any chance have a link to mdl modem so i can revert back and start from the top?

found mdl hopefully i can flash back... if so ill try out dbomb and hopefully that'll work for me... if not ill have to stay stock till i get to the states... custom roms dont seem to play well outside the country lol

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
found mdl hopefully i can flash back... if so ill try out dbomb and hopefully that'll work for me... if not ill have to stay stock till i get to the states... custom roms dont seem to play well outside the country lol

Now that I think about you being out of the states it may be that your APN configuration has to be different for the country you're in. I don't know why I didn't think about it.

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
Now that I think about you being out of the states it may be that your APN configuration has to be different for the country you're in. I don't know why I didn't think about it.

na its definitely not an APN issue.. it sets itself automatically and the internet works... just on MK2 for some reason its horrible im back on MDL and it works 100%.... gonna try the update 2 more times 1 with dbomb like u recommended and then with hyperdrive which i really liked... if they dont work ill stick to stock till i get back to the states

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
na its definitely not an APN issue.. it sets itself automatically and the internet works... just on MK2 for some reason its horrible im back on MDL and it works 100%.... gonna try the update 2 more times 1 with dbomb like u recommended and then with hyperdrive which i really liked... if they dont work ill stick to stock till i get back to the states

Good deal! I used hyperdrive and wicked but I gotta be honest with you dbomb is the bomb:D you won't regret it!! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
Good deal! I used hyperdrive and wicked but I gotta be honest with you dbomb is the bomb:D you won't regret it!! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Got it goin finally... flashed mk2 first then flashed hyperdrive all is fine and dandy... getting 700kb/s consistently which is great out here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MDL i guess, M919UVUAMDL

Only flash the modem.bin file.

☞ Sent from here☜
    MDL i guess, M919UVUAMDL

Yes only flash the modem.bin! Do not flash the bootloader or you will void your warranty. Make sure the files you flash are for the SGH-M919. After you flash the modem.bin make sure that it sticks check your baseband again and make sure it says mk2. Sometimes you have to flash the modem more than once for it to stick.