[IDEA]Tab 3 10.1 update

Search This thread

UAdeveloper

Apr 25, 2014
München
I'm a total noob in building kernels or Roms but I found something interesting.

1.The Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730HD has the same chipset like our Tab3 and maybe someone could find the kernel to port it over.

2.The Asus Fone Pad 7 ME175CG has Intel Atom Z2520 inside and I have got the kernel for this one. Is there a way to build something based on this ? ( www(.)asus(.)com/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_Fonepad_7_Dual_SIM_ME175CG/HelpDesk_Download/ )

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Lol

I'm a total noob in building kernels or Roms but I found something interesting.

1.The Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730HD has the same chipset like our Tab3 and maybe someone could find the kernel to port it over.

2.The Asus Fone Pad 7 ME175CG has Intel Atom Z2520 inside and I have got the kernel for this one. Is there a way to build something based on this ? ( www(.)asus(.)com/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_Fonepad_7_Dual_SIM_ME175CG/HelpDesk_Download/ )

You want CM based Custom ROM, right ?
You can check Angel_666 post here on Tab 3 forum.
The Intel Atom Z2560 is different from Intel Atom Atom Z2520.
CPUs frequencies are different (1200mhz vs 1600mhz) GPUs frequencies also different (300mhz vs 400mhz) :cowboy:
Asus bootloaders and Kernels won't work anyhow on Sammy target.
You need a GENIOUS to make such port.

The bad thing with Tab 3 is PowerVR GPU which won't work anyhow on CynogenMod or Android-X86 images.

Regards,
Nonta

Sent from my roomate's computer :p

UAdeveloper

Apr 25, 2014
München
There it is.

dlcdnet(.)asus(.)com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/ME175CG/ME175CG_V3_5_2_kernel.zip

May I ask you, what you are trying to do ?

M

moonbutt74

hey

doc, ua,

thanks, just tinkering, looking for clues, learning stuff
some things are device specific, some things not.
mostly i'm trying to find a way to override/bypass what seems to be a preference/flag in
bootloader in gt-p5210 for android specific/approved kernel, so ..... :eek::silly::confused: