[Q] Digitizer replacement

Search This thread

AA1User

Nov 11, 2013
My phone has developed a digitizer problem in that a vertical strip (approx 15mm) is completely unresponsive, and sometimes the screen goes a bit haywire (continously zooms in when web browsing or in a document). Have tried resetting the phone, and reflashing the ROM, but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any experience when with regards to replacing the digitizer, and would like to share their experiences? I.e. Is there anything which I should be made aware of, such as specific rookie errors? Have looked up some Youtube videos, so I think I'm fairly clued up, but thought I'd call in on the experts before I take the plunge!

thecjan

Nov 2, 2013
not recommend replace digitizer at this moment it cast too many $$$, Asus CES2014 announce $99 smart phone.

overboard1978

Dec 28, 2013
not recommend replace digitizer at this moment it cast too many $$$, Asus CES2014 announce $99 smart phone.

They look nice the zenfone that is will have to buy a sd card for it down side no internal memory or atleast none you can use. besides that actually looks very nice. wonder how long before you can buy one right now it says ask dealer about availability so im guessing 3 to 6 months. digitizer $15.00 and then he can sell phone for $50 to $75 dollars if he chooses to later once it finally hits stores

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Yeah, but with sd cards being inexpensive (I just got a 8gb class 4 microsd for $50, about U$S10) it isn't really a downside. If you maage to get an replacement for the digitizer, buy it. as overboard says, you can sell the phone at a higher price if you decide to buy another.

OP, I had the same problem, I warn you, once you detach the digitizer from the phone, before you actually remove it, dettach the lcd also, that way, when you must remove the flex and pass it through, the gap will be larger and you wont have to bend the flex, avoiding the risk of damaging it. Digitizer and lcd are meant to be extracted together. Also, be very careful when you detach the digitizer, as dointg it hard can remove the glue strips and let the dust enter the screen. that's what happened to mine, glue strips got broken at the bottom corners, and now the capacitive buttons' light pass thru it, to the screen and dust enters and I can't see sh*t

Last edited:
Reactions: AA1User

AA1User

Nov 11, 2013
Thanks guys. From what I've read, most people appear to experience problems either during or after the upgrade, so even though a replacement digitizer should only set me back £15, it could be more hassle that it's worth...

This could be a good opportunity to upgrade :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, but with sd cards being inexpensive (I just got a 8gb class 4 microsd for $50, about U$S10) it isn't really a downside. If you maage to get an replacement for the digitizer, buy it. as overboard says, you can sell the phone at a higher price if you decide to buy another.

OP, I had the same problem, I warn you, once you detach the digitizer from the phone, before you actually remove it, dettach the lcd also, that way, when you must remove the flex and pass it through, the gap will be larger and you wont have to bend the flex, avoiding the risk of damaging it. Digitizer and lcd are meant to be extracted together. Also, be very careful when you detach the digitizer, as dointg it hard can remove the glue strips and let the dust enter the screen. that's what happened to mine, glue strips got broken at the bottom corners, and now the capacitive buttons' light pass thru it, to the screen and dust enters and I can't see sh*t