[Help] Wifi connects but doesn't work

Search This thread

Carcass.br

It started when I tried to install a CM11 update. I did not see that was only for KK BL, then I tried to revert to stock rom(using RSD lite) and install the old version for the JB BL again, but my wifi still not working(or working only when it wants lol).
Anyone could help me?
I tried to flash a lot of different roms, even reset with RSD, but the issue stills. I don't know what more I can do :(
Thx for the att and sorry for my horrible english...

derpyherp

Apr 4, 2014
seabeck wa
It started when I tried to install a CM11 update. I did not see that was only for KK BL, then I tried to revert to stock rom(using RSD lite) and install the old version for the JB BL again, but my wifi still not working(or working only when it wants lol).
Anyone could help me?
I tried to flash a lot of different roms, even reset with RSD, but the issue stills. I don't know what more I can do :(
Thx for the att and sorry for my horrible english...

im having the same issue... my step dad said there was a patch somewhere but i think its a patch from verizon thats going to be an ota so... we will lose root

iBolski

I thought you loose root when you take ota's??

If you are rooted, the OTA will fail, so you have to flash back to stock before taking OTAs.

If you are locked and you take an OTA, you will lose access to whatever exploit was patched. In the case of going from JB to KK, the original root (Saferoot I believe) won't work. However, Towelroot will work for those that have locked bootloaders.

However, if you are rooted and on the latest official KK, then you can unlock your bootloader and then, no matter what OTA comes out after that, you will still be able to root your phone without the use of an exploit like Towelroot. Instead, you take .zip image of the SU app you are using and flash it in TWRP or CWM recovery. No exploit needed.

Towelroot is only for those that don't have an unlocked bootloader and it's an exploit (a security issue) within the specific version of the Android OS. OTAs patch these as they are released, which means another exploit has to be discovered in order to achieve root for locked bootloaders.

So, right now, if you are not unlocked, you better unlock on the initial KK release because the latest soak test does patch Towelroot and the bootloader exploit. You've been warned.