Anker or Mugen?

Search This thread

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
I was wondering which one is better. I heard there were some problems with Anker, like random reboots. What are the pros and cons of each battery?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
I was wondering which one is better. I heard there were some problems with Anker, like random reboots. What are the pros and cons of each battery?

Ankaaaar!
Pros
- Works great, runs a lot longer than stock sensation
Cons
- May cause reboots (I've had them, but after I discharged completely and charged again, it hasn't done so since.)

Mugaaan!
Pros
- Closest to mentioned battery capacity
Cons
- Very expensive
- If you get the 3600mah, then possibly wifi and phone signal issues

Both are better than the stock, but personally - buying the mugen is not worth the price.

Reactions: ShAaShAy

SensationNation

Nov 12, 2011
Another advantage to the Mugen is that it has working temperature sensors, which the Anker does not.

I have the 1950 mah Mugen and have been extremely pleased with it.

NekoNyapii

Jan 5, 2012
Mesa
I've bought a couple of Anker batteries in the past for my Sensation and G2x, and I have to say they work pretty well. The most noticeable thing is that they don't get as hot, but they don't have temperature sensors, funny.

I would definitely go for Anker, although they make me worried sometimes because they are making these batteries in a Chinese factory...and I'm just not used to the idea of Chinese-made products working well.

D

Deleted member 4601753

Had an Anker for six months, never had any random reboots, battery life seems to be around 20% more than the stock battery.

For the money its a no brainer really.

iscarechyu

Apr 13, 2012
Agreed! I personally like Anker over Muggen simply because of the price difference.

Sent from my Sensation 4G using XDA

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com
I would definitely go for Anker, although they make me worried sometimes because they are making these batteries in a Chinese factory...and I'm just not used to the idea of Chinese-made products working well.

I run an Anker in both of my Sensations with no issues (knock on wood). For $40 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

As far as Chinese products go... Unfortunately, I trust many of them over US products. I know there are many cheap products from China, but I've also gotten many great deals either through import dealers and/or direct from China. The fact that these are being dealt through a reputable import dealer is a good indicator that they must be decent.

Hello from the desert Neko...

jmwils3

Sep 21, 2010
Madison, AL
I run an Anker in both of my Sensations with no issues (knock on wood). For $40 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

As far as Chinese products go... Unfortunately, I trust many of them over US products. I know there are many cheap products from China, but I've also gotten many great deals either through import dealers and/or direct from China. The fact that these are being dealt through a reputable import dealer is a good indicator that they must be decent.

Hello from the desert Neko...

He does know most products we use on a daily basis, including these smartphones, were made in those factories?

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Aug 12, 2010
I ordered the mugen 1950mah today. I hope it's worth the money. Looking at what people say about the anker, it probably isn't. But, I'm willing to give it a try.

Hell Guardian

May 4, 2012
Cairo
Mathematicly correct, but keep in mind that Mugen officially garantees 400-600 life cycles. In longterm 2 Ankers will last as much as one Mugen. So we are almost at the same price tag, so i would choose Mugen. Because ultimately 1 Mugen is as powerful as 2 (3) Ankers put together...
AGAIN, you are mathematically correct, BUT 2 ankers will give you doubled Juice as you can swipe between them when one dies, Which is actually a better deal ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ankaaaar!
    Pros
    - Works great, runs a lot longer than stock sensation
    Cons
    - May cause reboots (I've had them, but after I discharged completely and charged again, it hasn't done so since.)

Mugaaan!
    Pros
    - Closest to mentioned battery capacity
    Cons
    - Very expensive
    - If you get the 3600mah, then possibly wifi and phone signal issues

Both are better than the stock, but personally - buying the mugen is not worth the price.