Root ASUS Transformer TF101 On Android 4.0.3 ICS

Search This thread

eugene17

Apr 5, 2009
First things First, this is NOT my WORK I have no hand in the developing of this Rooting Method. I found it useful after hours of searching the web to root my EeePad TF101 with android 4.0.3 ICS

thanks to chan32167 and all that help made this possible

It is easy and simple and yes it gave me ROOT

chan32167’s rooting tool for TF101

Please note that this method is for rooting the original Transformer (TF101) using Windows.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Proceed at your own risk.

Step 1: If you haven’t already, download and install the latest drivers for your ASUS Transformer TF101 [then get it from ASUS Official Website]. ASUS sync

Step 2: Pick up your Transformer. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging.

Step 3: Connect your Transformer to your Windows PC using a USB cable. make sure Asus Sync is connect

Step 4: Download tf101 ics root.zip (below) Unzip it using a suitable software (we recommend 7zip) and then launch run.bat.

Step 5: Your device will now be detected Follow on-screen instructions.

If you followed the steps correctly, your ASUS Transformer TF101 will be rooted on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. To confirm this, look for a Superuser app in your apps drawer.

Attachments

• tf101_ics_root.zip
    290.1 KB · Views: 60,857
  • Capture8.png
    Capture8.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 17,347

wolf849

Mar 19, 2009
First things First, this is NOT my WORK I have no hand in the developing of this Rooting Method. I found it useful after hours of searching the web to root my EeePad TF101 with android 4.0.3 ICS

Please note that this method is for rooting the original Transformer (TF101) using Windows.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Proceed at your own risk.

Step 1: If you haven’t already, download and install the latest drivers for your ASUS Transformer TF101 [then get it from ASUS Official Website]. ASUS sync

Step 2: Pick up your Transformer. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging.

Step 3: Connect your Transformer to your Windows PC using a USB cable. make sure Asus Sync is connect

Step 4: Download tf101 ics root.zip (below) Unzip it using a suitable software (we recommend 7zip) and then launch run.bat.

If you followed the steps correctly, your ASUS Transformer TF101 will be rooted on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. To confirm this, look for a Superuser app in your apps drawer.

It's old and works only on 9.2.1.17 or .13 as far as I remember so even viperMod is better but worth try.

Reactions: eugene17

xcartay

Aug 23, 2008
Caracas
Help rooting. I tried everything...

Hi, i have read lots of threads and forums i have investigated and tested. I tried initially with "tf101 ics root.zip" i did the syncing and running of "run.bat" followed every step, and nothing. Made variations of the same process and nothing.

Then i tried with RazorClaw and a advice with "device lacks need file" appear.

Then i tried SparkyRoot and it read "Exploitable file not found".

I dont now what to do anymore, i just want to "Freeze" all the bloatware and crappy uninstallable apps that auto load on my Transformer.

i Got the Asus Transformer TF-101 with ICS 4.0.3.

I uploaded a screen print with firmware versions installed in bit.ly/MILGVv

Please help!

Thanks in advance

QAleader

Mar 7, 2012
Dnepropetrovsk
don't work on latest firmware

People help me please, this root utility do not work on my latest firmware 9.2.1.27, after first steps i recive:

s60.radikal.ru/i170/1209/d5/f6ccc8e2fb2d.png

Last edited:

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
People help me please, this root utility do not work on my latest firmware 9.2.1.27, after first steps i recive:

s60.radikal.ru/i170/1209/d5/f6ccc8e2fb2d.png

Do you even read through the thread before posting? Some posts above yours someone says it only works on 9.2.1.17 and below.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

gbok19

Dec 16, 2012
worked great

Thanks for the well explained method for rooting my transformer with android 4.03. Worked great.
Cheers gbok19:angel:

psava

Apr 24, 2011
Not working for me :( NOOB!, I know!

Please help, is not running properly for me.

I do download ans unzip OneclickrecoveryV0.4.2
I reseted my TF101 to factory defaults
Enabled USB debug mode
Installed Asus sync on my Windows 10 laptop (also from ASUS). It detects my device.
I run on my computer with admin privileges "EasyRecoveryV0.42.bat"
When "manually" installing the adb drivers It says that the actual are newer and doesn't do that part
The device is listed as a long list of numbers
When the zergs are rushing (just kidding), it says:
"failed on '/data/local/tmp' - not a directory"
and then the message:
"adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon strated successful * "
is shown many times,and a few more errors.

The device does not restart or do anything by it's own. I don't see blue bars or anything.

Ok, then I uninstalled asus sync, and everything looks nice until first reestart.

The 1st restart is ok, but after requiring the second one, prompting you to see a blue bar... the restart happen but the blue bar does not.

It looks like it¡s not making anything

oneclick recovery console says:
"
If you do, you might have a *very* shiny paperweight.
Continue? Y/n
starting, this will take awhile...
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4: cannot open for write: permission denied
"

From this on, I can't fix anything and the device is running like always

Any suggestion?

Android 4.0.3
compilation 9.2.1.27

RLShiftyDoggit

Oct 24, 2011
Washington state
Careful with root on 4.0.3 kingroot works 100% so then flash CMW and flash katkiss ROM will update your version to 4.4.4 and install superSU then factory reset to remove kinguser etc then use ES file explorer to remove any kingroot files put on the system then kingroot will be removed and you'll have standard SuperSU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's old and works only on 9.2.1.17 or .13 as far as I remember so even viperMod is better but worth try.
    You can use my PERI tool to root with one-click :]

Link below vv
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1681155