[Issue] Lumia 1020 Doesnt turn on after softreset

Search This thread

k1t4r0

Feb 24, 2010
São Paulo
Hi guys!

I have a problem...
I bought my lumia 1020 on dec/25... two days later i was using the GoPro app and my phone frezon.
I did a soft reset but then... it doesnt turn on any more.
I Tried all combinations seen in the internet about soft/hard reset, all buttons pressed but nothing. Plugged in pc... it doesnt even point somenthing in USB.
Today, I plugged in USB and noticed that the middle windows light was on for a period... tried again the buttons procedure but nothing...
I´m from brazil and a friend brought it to me from England so... I dont know if i sent it to Nokia will do...

Plz, does anybody knows what I can do?

Thx!

Changis

Aug 3, 2007
Hi guys!

I have a problem...
I bought my lumia 1020 on dec/25... two days later i was using the GoPro app and my phone frezon.
I did a soft reset but then... it doesnt turn on any more.
I Tried all combinations seen in the internet about soft/hard reset, all buttons pressed but nothing. Plugged in pc... it doesnt even point somenthing in USB.
Today, I plugged in USB and noticed that the middle windows light was on for a period... tried again the buttons procedure but nothing...
I´m from brazil and a friend brought it to me from England so... I dont know if i sent it to Nokia will do...

Plz, does anybody knows what I can do?

Thx!
All these descriptions assumes your phone is turned off. (hold down power to power off device)
Holding down volume down when you power up the device should boot into a recovery menu, if not,
Try holding Down [Volume Down] + [Power ] until The Phone vibrates (This may take a little while, keep holding)
If it vibrates but still doesn't work, hold down until you feel it vibrate twice. (this will factory reset the phone, so you'll lose everything)
One last thing you can try is hold down volume down, power on the device and connect the charger. Keep holding volume down until you see an exclamation mark. Then press the following combination of buttons:
Volume up, volume down, power, volume down. This will also factory reset the device.

(this point may void warranty if not careful)
If you feel brave, you could look into using ADB to connect and launch the recovery menu if all else fails, but it can get a bit technical, and my advice is that you should have some experience with adv or flashing or similar. Google and read guides for it and decide for yourself, but remember, its better to wait for a repair on warranty than trying to fix it yourself at the risk of voiding warranty. (also, you usually get 3months warranty on the repair.

Hope this helps :)

k1t4r0

Feb 24, 2010
São Paulo
All these descriptions assumes your phone is turned off. (hold down power to power off device)
Holding down volume down when you power up the device should boot into a recovery menu, if not,
Try holding Down [Volume Down] + [Power ] until The Phone vibrates (This may take a little while, keep holding)
If it vibrates but still doesn't work, hold down until you feel it vibrate twice. (this will factory reset the phone, so you'll lose everything)
One last thing you can try is hold down volume down, power on the device and connect the charger. Keep holding volume down until you see an exclamation mark. Then press the following combination of buttons:
Volume up, volume down, power, volume down. This will also factory reset the device.

(this point may void warranty if not careful)
If you feel brave, you could look into using ADB to connect and launch the recovery menu if all else fails, but it can get a bit technical, and my advice is that you should have some experience with adv or flashing or similar. Google and read guides for it and decide for yourself, but remember, its better to wait for a repair on warranty than trying to fix it yourself at the risk of voiding warranty. (also, you usually get 3months warranty on the repair.

Hope this helps :)

Changis,

Hi and thx 4 the answear but the logic board was dead :(
Have to change it...

Jan 17, 2017
me too had the same issue

me too
i have the same issue with my lumia 1020
i connect it to change at night but on morning if found it dead "Not starting , Not charging" and also failed to force restart it
i bring it to my local nokia partner but they say that there is no replacement parts available for it so they refused to accept its maintenance
i don't know what i can do for it