[Q] Nexus 5 MEID/Nandroid backup problems.

Search This thread

TekMartian

Nov 8, 2013
Hello, I was switching from my old Nexus5 to another N5 of the same color and storage capacity, I flashed an entire Nandroid backup to the phone and now its not displaying any Meid or imei, and my service which was activated before the backup is gone. I thought it was a problem with the backup, so I flashed stock using the tool on the android developers website And it still disappeared, but was at least able to recognize sprint service and my phone number, but I couldn't even get a signal.

What did I do wrong? Is there any solution? Because I have work in a few hours and I wanted to Get my phone working before then, thanks.

aramil

Jan 7, 2012
Worcester
The Nexus 5 has no built in EFS backup partitions. EFS contains things like your MEID or IMEI... your data profiles.. radio settings. The EFS cannot be replaced... it is unique to your phone only...

Never flash another phones EFS to your phone.

Reactions: TekMartian

TekMartian

Nov 8, 2013
The Nexus 5 has no built in EFS backup partitions. EFS contains things like your MEID or IMEI... your data profiles.. radio settings. The EFS cannot be replaced... it is unique to your phone only...

So Am i completely SOL? and yes, i did restore everything using the Nexus5 Toolkit.

I've already contacted sprint, they cant do anything, and i contacted google via email and told them but haven't yet received a reply.

What should i do? Start Another RMA? Send them the replacement they sent me back? If they put the MEID and IMEI on it i'm sure someone between google and LG could fix it, they're the ones who put it on it.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So Am i completely SOL? and yes, i did restore everything using the Nexus5 Toolkit.

I've already contacted sprint, they cant do anything, and i contacted google via email and told them but haven't yet received a reply.

What should i do? Start Another RMA? Send them the replacement they sent me back? If they put the MEID and IMEI on it i'm sure someone between google and LG could fix it, they're the ones who put it on it.

You're sol. As you now know you can't restore an efs partition from another phone

jabza

Aug 20, 2012

Do an RMA, that's your best bet. They'll probably give it a new EFS or give you a new device entirely.

TekMartian

Nov 8, 2013
Do an RMA, that's your best bet. They'll probably give it a new EFS or give you a new device entirely.

i restored to stock, locked the bootloader, and removed the tampering files so there's no evidence of rooting, i'm just going to tell them it bottomed out when sprint was updating it, and try not to sound like i'm too technical so they just let me send the replacement back instead of my old phone, because everything except the speakers are working on my old phone, and i'll take that over no phone at all. i know it's not the most honest move, but this is the fifth nexus device i've bought, so i think my loyalty and my problem with my OG Nexus makes it at least a little better, not to mention that they could probably fix something like this in 5 minutes with $5 of labor, i'm not about to pay $400 for another device that bottomed out on me.

I'll make sure to let you guys know how everything goes, in case any of you have the same problem.

PS: google's customer service is pretty awesome now, literally as good if not better than apple's from personal experience.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Entire nandroid backup" - did you backup/restore the EFS partition too? If so, ouch..

You're sol. As you now know you can't restore an efs partition from another phone