Review of Panzer Glass (Tempered Glass screen protector) for LG G2

Search This thread

bjQrnen

Jun 5, 2010
Aarhus
Rubbery surface?

Am I the only one finding the panzerglass surface subpar to original gorilla glass? IMHO the rubbery surface poses way to much restistance when swiping etc.

Could I have bought a fake? :p

mozman

May 16, 2010
New Jersey
How does the screen protector fit either a case? What case r u using with it. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Am I the only one finding the panzerglass surface subpar to original gorilla glass? IMHO the rubbery surface poses way to much restistance when swiping etc.

Could I have bought a fake? :p

That's possible! I don't really notice that problem!

How does the screen protector fit either a case? What case r u using with it. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm using the Spigen Slim Armour case and it fits nicely. There's a small gap between the edges of the screen protector and the lips of the case.

Reactions: bjQrnen

bjQrnen

Jun 5, 2010
Aarhus
That's possible! I don't really notice that problem!

I soon found out that the instructions were wrong, but too late, the silicone was terrible afterwards. Quite embarrassing to screw up at such a simple task after changing digitizer in several smartphones - but surely it is not all my fault. :angel:

However, i did learn that Panzer Glass has absolutely non existing customer service. To all potential Panzer Glass buyers: Please consider buying some generic "tempered glass protection" at ebay, for 1/4 of the price(!), it feels exactly the same!

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
I soon found out that the instructions were wrong, but too late, the silicone was terrible afterwards. Quite embarrassing to screw up at such a simple task after changing digitizer in several smartphones - but surely it is not all my fault. :angel:

However, i did learn that Panzer Glass has absolutely non existing customer service. To all potential Panzer Glass buyers: Please consider buying some generic "tempered glass protection" at ebay, for 1/4 of the price(!), it feels exactly the same!

You are most mistaken about that. At least I was treated extremely good when I purchased mine 4-5 months ago. I'll send you a PM containing the E-mail to the director of it hoping you can get your issue solved.

jacob Pedersen

Mar 5, 2015
Thank you for your review ! I answer to your question in the other thread in this thread.

I live in the EU but I travel for work in Germany (Munich) and in Denmark ( Copenaghen) so the only way to have this Panzer Glass is buy it online or tell a friend if I can use use his adress for my order :D

However I didn't find it on Ebay. If you have the time to find a link on Ebay or somewhere else I thank you :)

Actually there is two shops (owned by the same guy) which ships both locally in Denmark and international for free: beskytdinmobil.dk/protect-your-screen.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOOK A FEW POSTS BELOW FOR A PICTURE
    I purchased the Panzer Glass for LG G2, so I am going to give a quick review of it. Please hit the thanks button if this helped you out.

Panzer Glass can be purchased in Denmark in various stores and online at smartfast.dk. You will be able to find Panzer Glass on eBay and I've also seen some German sites selling it. I don't know if you can purchase this and have it shipped internationally,
    although I am willing to e-mail them in order to ask. I am not a reseller nor a worker, and I do not benefit from doing this review.

EDIT: Panzer glass can now be bought from Smartfast.dk internationally for a flat shipping fee of 4.95 EUR. Please check the end of this page for details on how to purchase.

The glass is 0.4 mm thick and has a really nice feeling. It's oleophobic coating prevents almost all fingerprints (although you will occasionally find the need to wipe your screen) and it feels like real glass. It is labelled as shock resistant and anti-scratch (9H hardness). The display is not distorted at all, in fact it is crystal clear and renders every detail perfectly. The glass is case friendly, although I find it TOO case friendly; the width of the glass is the exact same width as the lit pixels (basically screen without bezel), and if you don't align the screen protector properly it will be a bit annoying to look at. I recommend using the hinge method for installing it, but more on that later.

As previously mentioned, the screen protector feels really good. The sensitivity of the screen does not suffer at all from the screen protector.

I haven't done any drop tests, scratch tests or anything like that, but it seems to hold up really well. This is truly a premium quality screen protector. You can see videos on youtube how the glass holds up to scratches, hammer tests and drop tests. I've yet to seen it crack or shatter.

Tips for installing the screen protector.

Don't put your nail under it if you want to realign it, as it damages the sticky side of the glass. Also, DO NOT BEND.
    Use the "hinge-method".
    Without taking the plastic off the screen protector, put the screen protector on the G2 when it's still turned on. Align the screen protector with the screen. Grab some tape and tape it from one side only, thus making hinges so the screen protector can flip on and off the screen like a flipcover. Turn the G2 off.
    Now carefully clean the screen from dust using the alcohol swab that is included in the package and dry the screen with the included microfiber cloth. Remove the plastic from the back of the screen protector and flip it over, allowing it to adhere to the screen. It should now adhere all by itself. Use the microfiber cloth to push out any bubbles.
    If everything is OK, remove the tape and the plastic covering the face of the screen protector. That's it.

This screen protector is expensive compared to other screen protectors on the market, but I consider it a one-time investment. If it can prevent my screen from shattering and save my digitizer in case of a drop, I think it's well worth it.

PROS AND CONS

Pros:
    Crystal clear screen
    Olephobic coating that works as intended
    Touch response is great
    Easy to install
    9H hardness
    Supposedly shock resistant

Cons:
    It only protects the lit part of the screen, but goes well with a case. It could probably be 1.5-2 mm wider and longer. EDIT: Just realised this is not possible since the glass curves. The lenght fits perfectly when the glass is properly aligned.
    Feel a bit thick (but very sturdy)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

P.S. Pictures coming soon, I just need to find a way to take them!
    I couldn't get my hands on a good camera so I just used my tablet's 5mpx shooter. Oh and it's a Chinese tablet by the way. The quality resembles a VGA camera from pre 00s.

I couldn't take pictures from different angle simply because it shows all black.

I've had the panzer glass on for a few days now. I have absolutely no issues with it, and it's really wonderful. It does sometimes pick up some fingerprints, depending on how "dirty" your fingers are, but wipe it off and you're good to go!
    I haven't been as satisfied with any screen protector as I am with this.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
    Thanks for this, just need to see what price I can get it for! Do you mind stating how much you paid? Thanks also for the "hinge method" such a simple idea, why didn't I think of that!

I got it for what translates to 37 dollars which is a pretty high price, but it's also a premium quality that comes with the price! And in the end, if it really turns out to save the screen from cracks, It could save you the price of a new digitizer.

P.S. Hitting the thanks button is appreciated ;)
    Panzer glass can now be purchased internationally from smartfast.dk for a flat shipping fee of EUR4.95!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thank you for your review ! I answer to your question in the other thread in this thread.

I live in the EU but I travel for work in Germany (Munich) and in Denmark ( Copenaghen) so the only way to have this Panzer Glass is buy it online or tell a friend if I can use use his adress for my order :D

However I didn't find it on Ebay. If you have the time to find a link on Ebay or somewhere else I thank you :)

Here, mate. It's a german link though, but I suppose you have no problems with that since you work in Germany.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Pan...y_PDA_Displayschutzfolien&hash=item19e6fa0447