[Apps] Recommended Apps for Omate Truesmart / x201

Search This thread

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Coupled with swipe status bar (recommended by OP), it really reduces button use. If I could find a tap-to-wake app, I'd be sorted. Think it needs a kernel tweak though

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

For this tap to wake thing I think not only kernel tweak is needed, a HW tweak is also needed!

Sent from my HTC_One_max using XDA Premium HD app

fg

Aug 3, 2006
Coupleh swi
bt olnded y OP), it really reduces button use. If I could find a tap-to-wake app, I'd be sorted. Think it needs a kernel tweak though

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

This got me playing with autoJ hide Soft keys, which kev me to ultimate dynamic nav bar. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2270198

With udn I can add volume control to the nav bar. I've set gravity box to have the volume keys control media volume instead of the ringer and have been pretty effective using the omate

I'm also happy with lux to lower the brightnesto low levels. Currently iv have it as manual settings m I'm the status bar

Reactions: moviecut

Ozpeter

Jun 9, 2014
Apps for stock Truesmart

Here are some suggestions - these apps are running on my TS using stock ROM, not rooted or modded. Yes, I know I should...

Awesome on/off ultimate - turns on the TS when you bring it to a normal watch-reading position. It seems to work very well - I have used this app on a tablet in the past - but as I have only just installed it I cannot yet evaluate impact on battery life.

Adaptive rotation lock - locks the screen to portrait even for videos or allows you to set rotation per app.

All in one gestures - provides gesture control without root. Some other features do need root but this is how I've set mine up -

Top down - nothing (used by another app to show notification bar)
Left area - nothing, TS uses this for menu
Right area - nothing, TS uses this for back
Bottom area - set to Google Voice Search
Top left corner - recent apps
Lower right corner - home
[those last two mean you don't need to use the lower TS button]
Upper right area - screen off [so with Awesome on/off and this app, top button is not needed]
Lower left corner - action panel, which brings up a grid of 9 configurable buttons in a floating window, which I have set up as follows -
Keep - alarms - input method - camera - stopwatch - sound recorder - decrease volume - increase volume - Google gesture search

Best wifi - connects to strongest access point as you walk round the house

FX file explorer - preferable to ES imho

Google gesture search - wonderful on TS imho

Mysettings pro - a grid of 12 large clear buttons for toggling or accessing essential settings

Nova launcher

Ocompass - seems to work on TS when others don't

I've mainly included just tools and utilities in this list - obviously I have other stuff installed which actually does stuff!

Reactions: moviecut

spectrumcat

Jun 6, 2014
I would also suggest:
Music:
"Vanilla Music" - free, works great and has a lot of customisation options (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.blinkenlights.android.vanilla)

Firewall:
"Droid Wall" - free, clean and does it's job but requires root (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.droidwall.free)

Qr and barcodes:
"Barcode Scanner" - free and works great (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android)

Rooting:
"Framaroot' - free, easy one click rooting (http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276)

menschmaschine

Jun 2, 2015
Hi,

has somebody an idea how to disable the swipe gestures, i.e. swipe right for menu and swipe left for going back? In the first post fg said "I've disabled all the default gestures and made some user gestures" with GMD GestureControl. But I can not see how this is possible. Any help is appreciated!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a quick thread to track some of the apps I've tried out and have kept or haven't gotten to work. Most of these where downloaded from the Play Store using the APK and method described by Lokifish's Info thread.

Post your favorite apps and ideas

Best Hardware Mod Ever:
    - Drill holes to access power and home in the dock

- highly recommended general apps
    -- chrome - browser works well
    -- gmd gesture control - create custom gesture controls available in all apps. needs lokifish security patch to request superuser access. I've disabled all the default gestures and made some user gestures for home, volume control, change input method, and search buttons (diagonal swipes from each corner)
    -- lux - lower the brightness to level below 0% for better low-light visibility and some battery savings. Has options to use the camera for automatic brightness settings, but I have the manual bar in my notification tray
    -- mx player - video player with gesture controls
    -- no lock - disables touch screen events, can be triggered via the hardware camera key (remapped thanks to xposed additions) to minimize accidental actions and unintended battery drain
    -- sambadroid - fileserver on your wrist, great way to move files around on your wrist
    -- sharekm - use your computer keyboard and mouse to control the screen over wifi and bluetooth
    -- swipe statusbar - temporarily show the statusbar in other apps
    -- watchfaces - the version on play seems to work better for me

- recommended xposed modules
    -- ultimate dynamic nav bar - AMAZING bottom on-screen navigation bar module for xposed framework. I have it setup with back, home, menu, recent apps, vol+, vol-, and hide navbar on screen. There's a light version on the play store, but the author has the full version in his thread above. worth the cost to support the dev!
    -- app settings - set per application dpi, density, and rotation overrides.... without rebooting!
    -- gravitybox - general tweaks and setting for mtk based devices
    -- xposed additions - allows you to reassign the functions of the 2 physical buttons for better customisation. supports single press, multiple presses, long presses. I have the home button long press mapped to the android camera action to trigger "no touch" screen locking

- working companion app options (none are perfect. none can easily turn on the screen and display the alert when locked. however everyone has their own needs for companion applications. )
    -- m2d my second device - recieve alerts and control media players over bluetooth. a bit complicated to configure and still in early development, but functional. Author is active on XDA and has been working with smartwatches forever.
    -- omate companion app from ostore + truesmart master app from play - limited functionality at the moment, passes notifications as recieved on the phone which means often you'll get an alert that there are "3 new messages", no way to respond
    -- swapp link - recieve and reply to sms, answer and make calls, recieve alerts, control media players. easier to configure than m2d
    -- tablet talk - answer calls, receive and reply to sms (messenger app only) to your phone from the omate over bluetooth (flakey) or wifi (power hungry). requires adjustment of dpi for use

- untested companion app options
    -- notisync - listed as working on galaxy gear forums and has a good truesmart review on play. potential battery hog
    -- pushbullet -
    -- tablet notifier - listed on galaxy gear forums, reviews indicate connectivity problems

- working
    -- big launcher - home launcher replacement designed with big ui elements
    -- dropbox - requires dpi modification (use app settings xposed module) to access all the ui
    -- easytether pro - tether your phone's connectivity to your watch
    -- es explorer - popular file manager, I mainly use it for easy smb share browsing / streaming
    -- Firefox - browser works well too although a bit slow.
    -- flit keyboard - great small form factor keyboard
    -- foldersync - sync folders to cloud systems
    -- foscam viewer - ip cam viewer, ui elements are a bit large but otherwise working
    -- gmd hide soft keys - "once rooted ... makes life much easier as it gives you soft keys to use"
    -- pocket - offline web page viewing
    -- nova launcher - works well
    -- swype keyboard - i like it better than fleksy
    -- titanium backup - scheduled backups
    -- total commander - classic file manager with networking plug-ins for everyday use
    -- Twitter - works well ... you can tap on a tweet to automatically zooms up a more readable size.
    -- Yahoo weather - works great

- non-working
    -- blueputdroid - use your watch as a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. incompatible bluetooth stack
    -- Tweetcaster - doesn't refresh and gets stuck on an old date

- testing
    -- datasync+ - paid version supports sync of app and data files over bluetooth. still haven't finished testing!
    While waiting for a better method, I took my dremel with its thinnest drill bit and carefully drilled two holes in the cradle/doc. This, with a toothpick, lets me access the buttons while it is in the doc.

I used a drill with a small bit on mine. Highly recommended !

etu7u6u4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Is that xposed module already on my device from the ROM and the Loki patch? Or if not where do I obtain it?

The new patch (coming out today) adds the build.prop edits back which fixes the size issue for almost every app.
    For anyone wanting a different keyboard with more screen space, try Flit Keyboard it's free... set the 1st keyboard to be alpha reduced and the 2nd to be numeric... :)
    A dremel 'hack' to access buttons while in cradle/dock

Not an App, but I wasn't sure where best to post this.

While waiting for a better method, I took my dremel with its thinnest drill bit and carefully drilled two holes in the cradle/doc. This, with a toothpick, lets me access the buttons while it is in the doc.