Official Cyanogenmod 10.2 Nightly Builds - Links and discussion

Search This thread

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009
Yes, the majority of users should stick to the M releases from here on. That is why we created them. You can still play with nightlies but don't expect them to be perfect anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

i tend to think the Nexus devices get pretty good support. I follow Mako development, but N10 and my Nexus S just get random nightlies dumped on. They run stable as hell. Sure I can go dig and find a bug here and there if I knew what was going on, but unless I was looking for it I'd probably not run into any.

Yes for the casual user who doesn't know what's going on maybe an M release is better, but my point regarding Nexus devices remain. And even then I dump a random CM 10.1 nightly on my SGS2. I can see the imperfections in that device and plenty of stability issues, but that's what happens with non Nexus devices where devs need to throw in hours of hackery. I would say the same probably applies for a device like the HP TouchPad that you managed. Had there been official nightly builds from the start, it'd probably be bugged as hell as you guys were trying to get things to work here and there. On my N4 though, I have been running CM from nightly #1. There have only been a few problems here and there like the GPS issue which caused reboots and the dropped data from the msm_hsic wakelock fixes. I think as long as you follow development, you should know what's coming up, and even then, it's only one or two nightlies every once in a while that cause instability issues.

That said this is all a YMMV and use at your own risk. If you're a newb and something breaks, you should've prepared yourself.

Reactions: freshlysqueezed

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
Re: Official Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightly Builds - Links and discussion

i tend to think the Nexus devices get pretty good support. I follow Mako development, but N10 and my Nexus S just get random nightlies dumped on. They run stable as hell. Sure I can go dig and find a bug here and there if I knew what was going on, but unless I was looking for it I'd probably not run into any.

Yes for the casual user who doesn't know what's going on maybe an M release is better, but my point regarding Nexus devices remain. And even then I dump a random CM 10.1 nightly on my SGS2. I can see the imperfections in that device and plenty of stability issues, but that's what happens with non Nexus devices where devs need to throw in hours of hackery. I would say the same probably applies for a device like the HP TouchPad that you managed. Had there been official nightly builds from the start, it'd probably be bugged as hell as you guys were trying to get things to work here and there. On my N4 though, I have been running CM from nightly #1. There have only been a few problems here and there like the GPS issue which caused reboots and the dropped data from the msm_hsic wakelock fixes. I think as long as you follow development, you should know what's coming up, and even then, it's only one or two nightlies every once in a while that cause instability issues.

That said this is all a YMMV and use at your own risk. If you're a newb and something breaks, you should've prepared yourself.

I don't disagree with you if we're going by past experiences. What I'm saying is that this is changing going forward, even for Nexus devices. The purpose of nightlies are to test new code changes but that isn't what they've become. It has become an expectation that the nightlies should be 99% stable, especially for Nexus devices, but this is counterproductive for development. Going forward, patches will get a preliminary code review and then quickly merged into the primary branch. This means much of the widespread testing will happen in the nightlies rather than sitting in review for months. I expect the nightlies to become less predictable starting after the next M series release.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I don't disagree with you if we're going by past experiences. What I'm saying is that this is changing going forward, even for Nexus devices. The purpose of nightlies are to test new code changes but that isn't what they've become. It has become an expectation that the nightlies should be 99% stable, especially for Nexus devices, but this is counterproductive for development. Going forward, patches will get a preliminary code review and then quickly merged into the primary branch. This means much of the widespread testing will happen in the nightlies rather than sitting in review for months. I expect the nightlies to become less predictable starting after the next M series release.

Interesting change. I appreciate your clear forewarning. So after the next M release running a Nightly will be like running Debian unstable instead of Debian testing.

Last edited:

emil10001

Jan 29, 2009
feigdev.com
I'll certainly be grabbing the next M series, but I'm a bit concerned about 5GHz wifi. Basically, it worked for the M1 build, but has been broken in the nightlies since then. I'm sort of wondering if anyone is testing with 5GHz wifi. I also don't see anything in logcat to indicate a failure anywhere. Is anyone else seeing this?

I was on M1 before, with the 5GHz working, then decided to see if the 4.2.2 nightlies fixed it (seeing as how it's been nearly a month since my last attempt). They didn't, and I can't roll back to M1 from 4.2.2. So, I'll cross my fingers and wait.

emil10001

Jan 29, 2009
feigdev.com
I recall a few nightlies that I wasn't able to select my 5GHz network during Setup Wizard. After going into Advanced WiFI settings and changing the locale thing from whatever it was at (Europe?) to United States (my actual location), I was then able to see and connect to 5GHz.

Wow, I didn't even realize that there was an advanced settings in there. Mine was also defaulted to Europe. I'll check when I get home as to whether or not it resolves the issue, but regardless, thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Yep, that did the trick. Thanks espionage724!

Last edited:

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
So... before I actually do anything "worthwhile" on my tablet, I was basically waiting on the next M build (since I'm going to end up wiping it anyway). I know asking for an ETA is bad, but is there "any" indication as to when the next M build might come out other than "when it's ready"?

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida

So... before I actually do anything "worthwhile" on my tablet, I was basically waiting on the next M build (since I'm going to end up wiping it anyway). I know asking for an ETA is bad, but is there "any" indication as to when the next M build might come out other than "when it's ready"?

Koushik alluded that it should be out this weekend, and merges for the M2 manifest are in the changelog. It'll be soon

Reactions: espionage724

hatchna

Oct 5, 2007
Utah
Out of curiosity, is anyone else having an issue where the ime switcher dynamic quick tile is not appearing when the keyboard is active? I have been using it to switch between the stock aosp keyboard any hacker keyboard. In all honestly I don't know when it stopped working for me. It's not a huge deal, but it was convenient.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com

Out of curiosity, is anyone else having an issue where the ime switcher dynamic quick tile is not appearing when the keyboard is active? I have been using it to switch between the stock aosp keyboard any hacker keyboard. In all honestly I don't know when it stopped working for me. It's not a huge deal, but it was convenient.
Lol most people don't want that. It's annoying to me

Is it checked in settings?

hatchna

Oct 5, 2007
Utah
It is checked in settings. And while I can understand it being annoying for some, it is useful to be able to quickly change keyboards without going into settings.

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
So...I installed M2 cuz I wanted to try CM on my N10 to see what it was all about. I run multiuser accounts, one for me and one for my 3 year old son. I use Nova Launcher as my primary launcher.

I setup his account and installed Nova, and once I choose it as my default, I get a "unfortunately themes provider has stopped" message. It constantly appears after reboots and when I log in his account. Its frustrating to say the least, and I'm guessing a BUG? I've tried multiple wipes and reinstalls, but only get the same result over and over.

Just reporting....

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008

So...I installed M2 cuz I wanted to try CM on my N10 to see what it was all about. I run multiuser accounts, one for me and one for my 3 year old son. I use Nova Launcher as my primary launcher.

I setup his account and installed Nova, and once I choose it as my default, I get a "unfortunately themes provider has stopped" message. It constantly appears after reboots and when I log in his account. Its frustrating to say the least, and I'm guessing a BUG? I've tried multiple wipes and reinstalls, but only get the same result over and over.

Just reporting....

What happens if you dont use Nova?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Changing QuickSetting titles seems to be erratic for me again. Seemed to work fine in the beginning though, but now I'm getting weird stuff like Bluetooth always being shown, double tiles, stuff not being arranged properly, etc.

Edit: With M2 btw

digitalrurouni

Nov 2, 2010

Just flashed this M2 release. Antutu scores are off the hook at over 15k and this is stock! Quadrant on the other hand didn't fair so good at below 5k but close. Epic Citadel gave me 52 fps in high quality mode. Impressed!

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com

Just reporting....

Um are you using a non-stock CM theme? (Basically using a custom theme)If so thats your problem,has nothing to do with the launcher,and i reported this here already.Its a 4.2.x issue(really theme chooser not being able to handle multiple user accounts)

If you are using the basic system theme that comes with "stock" CM you should have no problems switching user accounts.Not sure what your problem could be if thats the case.

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
Um are you using a non-stock CM theme? (Basically using a custom theme)If so thats your problem,has nothing to do with the launcher,and i reported this here already.Its a 4.2.x issue(really theme chooser not being able to handle multiple user accounts)

If you are using the basic system theme that comes with "stock" CM you should have no problems switching user accounts.Not sure what your problem could be if thats the case.

no custom theme at all, just installed nova, and get the error. Only under the multiuser account, not the primary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JBCM10-238x166.jpg

Here are the official Cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly builds for the Nexus 10. This thread is also for discussing any bugs, comments and other discussion topics regarding these builds.

Important Information

You must have an unlocked bootloader, be rooted, and running a custom recovery before you can flash this ROM. If you are unsure of what any of these terms mean, or how to unlock the Nexus 10's bootloader, how to root the device, or how to install a custom recovery please see the FAQ section in the post below.

Download

Credits: The Cyanogenmod team for bringing there amazing work to the Nexus 10!

Videos

Check out these awesome videos by udimars30 showing how to install the nightly build and a review of one of the recent nightly builds :D.

Mod-Edit: Changed title to avoid confusion
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is CyanogenMod?

CyanogenMod (/sɪˈænoʊdʒəŋmäd/) is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for select Android devices.
    Intended as a replacement for the software (also known as the "firmware" or "ROM") that comes factory installed on your device, CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project – the same base software used in all Android devices. However, CyanogenMod offers several benefits over the pre-installed firmware, including vastly flexible interface and customization, a wider set of new features, and sometimes significant improvements in performance. (From the Cyanogenmod Wiki)

How do I unlock my bootloader, root the Nexus 10, and install a custom recovery?

The easiest way to unlock your bootloader, gain root access, and install a custom recovery is to use one of the Nexus 10 toolkit's either mskip's Nexus 10 Toolkit, WugFresh's Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit, or for Linux users tatelucas's Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit.

What are nightly builds?

A nightly build is a neutral build that takes place automatically. These typically take place when no one is likely to be working in the office so that there are no changes to the source code during the build. The results of the build are inspected by the arriving programmers, who generally place a priority on ensuring the recent changes to the source code have not broken the build process or functionality of the software. (From Wikipedia Nightly Builds article)

What are Google Apps? And where can I get them?

Google Apps contain the proprietary Google applications that come pre-installed with most android devices. Due to licensing restrictions, these apps cannot come pre-installed with CyanogenMod and must be installed separately. CyanogenMod does not require Google Apps to function properly, however, to take full advantage of the Android system, Google Apps are recommended. (From the Cyanogenmod Wiki)

You can get the latest Google Apps for Cyanogenmod 10.1 here and choosing Cyanogenmod 10.1 for the Google App version.

How can I find more about Cyanogenmod?

You can find out more information about Cyanogenmod by visiting there website at www.cyanogenmod.org and/or by checking out there wiki at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org.
    For those that like to experiment, here is a quick hack to make the Nexus 10 GPU render everything at 1280x800. The framebuffer is still 2560x1600 but the UI and all GPU ops are at 1280x800.
    This will of course adversely affect the display quality but it noticeably increases 3D performance. It is doubtful that anyone would want to run this as a daily driver so it is primarily just for fun.

For good measure, I've included a 1920x1200 flashable zip as well. This looks considerably better than 1280x800 but the performance isn't much better than 2560x1600.

Note: this will render hdmi output worthless until you restore the original files.

I suggest using this only on CM10.1 as this will override any custom build.prop that other roms might use.

To revert either backup your original build.prop and libsurfaceflinger.so OR re-flash CM10.1(no wipe required) OR flash update-2560-1600.zip

Better late than never...But seriously, sorry for the delay. I was out of the country when M3 was released and when I got back my computer was dead. My motherboard is no longer with us and it took a while to get a replacement. On top of that the semester is coming to a close and I've been extremely busy. I will hopefully be able to devote more time to my Nexus 10 this summer as I won't be taking classes :victory:
    Is anyone else having trouble connection to wifi after the 10 has been asleep?

I did last night. Though I have had this happen to me on stock two different times also. There are several problems being reported with wifi on stock and also other devices on 4.2.1.

The icons in the dock being cut off is being worked on now.

EDIT - Icons being cut off should be fixed in next nightly along with the app drawer button spontaneously moving.