My ASUS Transfrmer TF300T tab is dead

Search This thread

opamx

May 10, 2014
Dos Hermanas
Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.

Last edited:

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.

In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?

opamx

May 10, 2014
Dos Hermanas
In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?

I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.

So does the TWRP still work? You can put a ROM on the SDcard and flash it from there.

ApexPredatorBoids

Oct 5, 2007
Lancaster, Pa
I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?

What bootloader version do you have and what twrp version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

But the recovery can't mount /data folder and I can't install anything.

Did you try umounting everything and remounting everything in the twrp settings?

opamx

May 10, 2014
Dos Hermanas
What bootloader version do you have and what twrp version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Did you try umounting everything and remounting everything in the twrp settings?

The option mount /Data is blocked, I can`t do anything, maybe with a backup will work. And my TWRP version is 2.2.1.5.

Last edited:

SLHQC

Sep 6, 2014
The option mount /Data is blocked, I can`t do anything, maybe with a backup will work. And my TWRP version is 2.2.1.5.

Hi

This may be a long shot but I encountered a similar problem and resolved it by flashing the recovery and kernel from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625580. See the second post.

In my case I flashed the recovery from the above post, formatted data to f2fs from recovery, then installed the crombi-kk rom with the ”Don't install a kernel” option, then flashed the kernel from the above post.

Like I said, long shot, and this assumes you can run the format data option in twrp, but may be worth a crack...

Good luck.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Who has a Liunx PC ?

That is where I would start ....

There are ways to fix this .....

Thx Josh