[UTILITY] Simon's HTC Utility v4

Search This thread
S

simonsimons34

I present, the simonsimons34 Wildfire S tool.

Unlock without voiding your warranty

Note requires hboot to first say locked

The biggest thing this tool can do is UNLOCK your hboot WITHOUT ever needing to wipe your data, go to HTCdev.com or voiding your warranty. Unlike S-off we can reverse this too. Simpily let us Unlock your phone for you, and flash roms and recoveries as you wish. Just like S-Off. This will also help you get S-Off with the utility from the general section. The only thing you NEED is a proper Unlockable bootloader, and the recovery that came with the phone. If you need this tool, you already have stock recovery. So nothing besides a HTC unlockable bootloader is required. Everything else is in the package.

Universal to HTC Devices

Dont let the name fool you, though. This will work on ANY HTC unlockable phone. The other tools besides unlocking will only work for the Wildfire S CDMA, as of know however.

Sorry, It is a beta.

Being as this is still in beta, there will most likely be bugs. Things that dont work. Please report them here with a screenshot and or the exact copy of what it said. For now this is a self extracting exe, so place in a folder of your choice, thats empty preferably, and open it up. The bat file will automatically be opened. There is a good side to betas though. Improvement! Soon after we confirm it works, I will be moving to a GUI app to make everything even easier.

Credits:​
bobdamnit-for helping me with some scripting problems
jmz-for some consulting
jcase- for tacoroot
theq86 developer of Bltool
benjamingwyin- For leading me to the exe packaging app I use
and anyone i forgot, just pm me and Ill try to add you​

Note: may be picked up by some AV programs, because they arn't signed. All it is is a self extracting bin with auto open of the batch file.

If you like this, find it helpful, or want to support me please donate. Just follow these directions.
1) Be Logged-In to PayPal
2) Go to: https://www.paypal.com/sendmoney?email=simon@simonsimons34.co.cc
3) Enter the amount you want to give, Select personal, and Gift
4) Hit Continue and follow any of PayPal's Steps
Thank you for the support.

Here are the Downloads:

Windows:

v4 (install exe. This is the GUI we've been waiting for. depends on .net 4 framework)
Download

V3 (private release that failed... Miserably)

V2: (Universal zip. See changelog)
Download

V1: (Note, next release will be x86, and generic to both 32 and 64 bit arch)
Download for 64 Bit
Download for 32 Bit/Universal

Linux/OSX:

V2A: Download

PS We've reached the Portal -> http://www.xda-developers.com/android/simons-wildfires-utility-brings-intact-warranty-root-and-more/

I, nor any associates, are responsible for any device bricking, or errors related. If you brick, very unlikely, you can probably fix it. Dont worry, just ask.

Last edited:
S

simonsimons34

V2: Windows
moved back to old .zip format
fixed mounting for system (okay, i really just removed and used data)
fixed device not found errors
fixed root and added it to the unlock
modified taco root to send better directions for this specific use
cleaned up the script some more
fixed recovery flashing (may require to be SuperCID or to use Goldcard)
fixed issue with it not working for some people
reboots into fastboot after unlock and root now

V2: LINUX
Created totally new script for linux using windows base

V1:
Unlock bootloader without HTC added
tacoroot added
bltools added
bugs remain
custom recovery added
in batch programing
exe for 64 and 32 bit

Last edited:

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Already unlocked, but hopefully this will come in handy if I get another HTC. I'll let you how it works. This is just what I needed thanks.

P.S. great idea
Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using XDA

Last edited:

Silversniper

Nov 20, 2011
Linz
Little Question: How to get the Stock Recovery without downloading a RUU?
Filefactory all Slots full for about a hour...

Can someone extract the Stock Recovery.img or give me some adwise?

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Simon, you might want to add prerequirements like having the android-sdk, fastboot, etc...

Also, inform users what state the phone should be in. (Recovery, in ROM+USB Debug, Fastboot, etc...)

Just an idea. :)

Reactions: kpw
S

simonsimons34

Will add some files soon. When I get home around 5 pm EDT. The recovery for CDMA is on my other thread with roms ect. Team Marvelusc and mentions RUU's We have our own hosting for those.

S

simonsimons34

Portal? Mind if i ask "Huuuuhhhh?" Lol
EDIT: Updated links. Everything is included in download thats needed. If your phone isnt working be sure to use the install drivers option

Last edited:

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Have confirmation from two different people that this works. Both people were unlocked previously (before this util was invented, and recommended by me to use) through HTCDev.

User 1: used this tool to successfully install ClockWork Mod.

User 2: used this tool to S-OFF MetroPCS hboot 1.10.0000 and install CWM.

Major thanks for this Simon. Glad to have helped and been a part of this amazing utility!

J

j4n87

..any chances that you realease the source codes on your github?
Or describe pls how this stuff works.

Don't want to talk your work bad. But we all have to ensure that it wont brick our devices.
And one confirmation,that its working is too less.

Maybe also a video could help to convince us from your work.

qpop

Jun 25, 2008
Hi, is it possible to release the source code to allow other devs to build on this work?

Cheers.

S

simonsimons34

I will eventually. Right now there's nothing to build on though. It works with every phone. This weekend (school takes major time) I will release partial code enough to see what it does but only the code of the batch file (it does all the work.) Give me a few days. Eventually will be GUI And shell on Linux

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Hawke84

Jan 14, 2010
Worthing, UK
Hi, im new to WFS forums, got a sensation S-off etc but was looking for my girlfriends phone. will this basically S-off and unlock BL of any WFS phone like the revolutionary tool for other phones?

thanks

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Theoretically, this should work on ANY HTC phone, not just the Wildfire S. (Unlocking, anyway)

Guys, you want the code? Run the EXE and find it in your temp folders. All the .bat files will be in there. There's your code. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Also, should you guys that are already "unlocked" and want to try this out, use "TheQ"s bootloader relocker. It works to relock your bootloader.

Then use this to unlock it.

I've done it. Both work great.

Last edited:

geek78

Jan 22, 2006
Around Paris
are you talking about the option N° 1 "Bootloader Unlock CDMA Only" or the option 4 "s-off" to test on another device ?

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Simon, is this the "universal"? If not, is the other one you linked me to universal? (No, it claims CDMA only too.)

Also, CM7 built in 15 minutes lol. No compile errors, but I haven't flashed it yet through fastboot. Doing the VM hboot test in about 20 min.

Last edited:

Hawke84

Jan 14, 2010
Worthing, UK
Theoretically, this should work on ANY HTC phone, not just the Wildfire S. (Unlocking, anyway)

Guys, you want the code? Run the EXE and find it in your temp folders. All the .bat files will be in there. There's your code. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Also, should you guys that are already "unlocked" and want to try this out, use "TheQ"s bootloader relocker. It works to relock your bootloader.

Then use this to unlock it.

I've done it. Both work great.

ok thanks, this may be useful for our unbricking project on sensation.

so just to make sure i got it right, this performs S-off and unlocks HBOOT?
thanks

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana

thanks

Yes, but as far as I know it only works on CDMA HTC devices for now. Don't quote me on that.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

VM Hboot didn't work. Flashed ok, but phone rebooted to black (backlit) screen and wont go any further. Attempting to boot into hboot caused a bootloop.

Looks like I'm heading to the MetroPCS store lol.

Will unlock, S-OFF, and install CWM with this utility and let you all know how it goes with a totally stock Marvelc Wildfire S.

Edit:

To clarify, UNLOCK should work on ANY HTC device. S-OFF is ONLY working on CDMA for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawke84

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Do you think this will work on EVO 3D. I've been reading that you have to downgrade hboot to 1.4 from 1.5. Anyone try this ?

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's what I have!!

Just saw this kept in my Others folder! Was going to delete it! But luckily saw this thread before!:D
    HIT THANKS IF I MADE YOU HAPPY :D:D:laugh:
    Hey guys,

simonsimons34 has kinda moved on from the WFS community, but I have been given permission to speak officially for him on this project.

This project tested on the HTC Wildfire S only (specifically, the marvelc). It should unlock any bootloader of any supported HTC device; however, all other features are marvelc specific.

This should give you S-OFF (marvelc ONLY), but it's been so long since I've used it that I'm not sure anymore.

The download link is no longer active.
    In order to download this for Windows, please go to SimonSickle/htc_utility_windows on GitHub and click "Download ZIP" on the right side of the page.
    In order to download this for Linux (and possibly, but not likely, OS X), please go to SimonSickle/htc_utility_linux on GitHub and click "Download ZIP" on the right side of the page.
    Failed in unlocking

Using HTC Legend here with stock ROM and no modifications.
    Failed to unlock and get root access using this tool (v2).
    Here is the process log:

1 Bootloader Unlock and Root (Universal)
    2 Custom Recovery (unlocked or S-Off)
    3 S-off
    4 Install Drivers

Please make a selection or hit ENTER to exit: 1

I am pushing everything to /data/local/ here we go!
    675 KB/s (660089 bytes in 0.954s)
    826 KB/s (793908 bytes in 0.938s)
    1014 KB/s (793908 bytes in 0.764s)
    160 KB/s (1478 bytes in 0.009s)
    839 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.026s)
    983 KB/s (472478 bytes in 0.469s)
    Now I am changing the permissions to root.
    I modified taco root, follow its directions! Device reboot is normal.
    Rebooting into recovery, please press Volume+, Volume- and Power at the s
    e. Now choose to reboot the system.
    Now we are waiting for full boot, I can only guess high
    with this, so please wait.
    Setting Up taccoroot now. Device will reboot.
    Rebooting into recovery, please press Volume+, Volume- and Power at the s
    e.Now choose to reboot the system.
    Getting ready to root. Device Will reboot!
    Rebooting as root!
    /data/local/tacoroot.sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denie
    Removing any chance of misc.img file already there.
    rm failed for /data/local/misc.img, No such file or directory
    If you just saw an error, don't worry its Okay.
    Dumping Misc
    can't get info of partition misc Unlocking Misc
    File could not be opened.
    Flashing Misc
    failed with error: -1
    error opening /data/local/misc.img Let me clean up my mess!
    rm failed for /data/local/misc.img, No such file or directory
    Before I leave, I am going to try to root. Highly experimental.
    cp: permission denied
    cp: permission denied
    Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
    rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
    Root removed! Will reboot now!

Please guide.
    Simon, you might want to add prerequirements like having the android-sdk, fastboot, etc...

Also, inform users what state the phone should be in. (Recovery, in ROM+USB Debug, Fastboot, etc...)

Just an idea. :)

thanks

Yes, but as far as I know it only works on CDMA HTC devices for now. Don't quote me on that.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

VM Hboot didn't work. Flashed ok, but phone rebooted to black (backlit) screen and wont go any further. Attempting to boot into hboot caused a bootloop.

Looks like I'm heading to the MetroPCS store lol.

Will unlock, S-OFF, and install CWM with this utility and let you all know how it goes with a totally stock Marvelc Wildfire S.

Edit:

To clarify, UNLOCK should work on ANY HTC device. S-OFF is ONLY working on CDMA for now.