HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
How come these type of threads come down to Samsung cocklovers hijacking the thread? If we cared about your ****ty ass phones we would go in your section. Isn't this thread about the #1 phone of 2012? The HTC Evo 4G Lte?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

No ****, right? If I was interested in plastic toys I'll go to the Samsung forum, but last I checked this forum was HTC, and the thread is for news on AN HTC DEVICE. I keep checking in for news but all I see is unrelated BS. :(

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
I proved wrong on two different occasions:
-bootloader
-camera

And you refused to acknowledged either and kept arguing your moot points on both lol.

It's clear to everyone posting in this thread that you're nothing more than a troll playing devil's advocate, because if you were really trying to express any of your opinions or have a discussion, you'd at least acknowledge both sides instead of being hard-headed and continuing your "calling it like it is' agenda.

I don't remember the bootloader thing you're talking about. I honestly don't know what you're referring to.

The camera thing was not proving me wrong. You just posted your opinion that you thought I was wrong. There was no proof there. I was the only I've who posted why actual pictures if you want to get technical about it.

Anyway, the camera thing was kind of irrelevant anyway. It was only being discussed because mlin says he was worried that a new Samsung camera would suck, while he was sure the next HTC camera would be great. I pointed out that HTC was the company with the history of crappy cameras, not Samsung. I'm sure even the must devout HTC supporters will agree that Samsung cameras have traditionally been good, while HTC cameras have traditionally been less than stellar.

Last edited:

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
I don't remember the bootloader thing you're talking about. I honestly don't know what you're referring to.

The camera thing was not proving me wrong. You just posted your opinion that you thought I was wrong. There was no proof there. I was the only I've who posted why actual pictures if you want to get technical about it.

Anyway, the cavers thing was kind irf irrelevant anyway. It was only being discussed because mlin says he was worried that a new Samsung camera would suck, while he was sure the next HTC camera would be great. I pointed out that HTC was the company with the history of crappy cameras, not Samsung. I'm sure even the must devout HTC supporters will agree that Samsung cameras have traditionally been good, while HTC cameras have traditionally been less than stellar.

This is true, up until the Amaze 4G/MT4GS. Opinions aside, read any article written by a reputable website and despite what hatred you may have for HTC, it will be pretty clear that the camera is far better than the Galaxy Nexus, the SGSII, and other Samsung phones.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/i...axy-S-II-vs-Amaze-4G-camera-comparison_id2883

If you can't acknowledge the results of this article, then your posting agenda will just be made that much clearer to the rest of us.

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
This is true, up until the Amaze 4G/MT4GS. Opinions aside, read any article written by a reputable website and despite what hatred you may have for HTC, it will be pretty clear that the camera is far better than the Galaxy Nexus, the SGSII, and other Samsung phones.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/i...axy-S-II-vs-Amaze-4G-camera-comparison_id2883

If you can't acknowledge the results of this article, then your posting agenda will just be made that much clearer to the rest of us.

There are plenty of other sites who tested and determined the Amaze wasn't better, for example:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2395393,00.asp

Even phone arena, the site you linked to, said they would pick the Samsung camera:
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HTC-Amaze-4G-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II_id2860/page/3

I'm not saying the Amaze camera sucks or anything. I was just saying you don't have to worry about Samsung making a crappy camera that just has more megapixels than their last crappy camera. This is what mlin said, and I was arguing that historically HTC was the one making crappy cameras and just increasing the megapixels, while Samsung has historically made good cameras.

It sounds like you actually agree with me, so there is no point arguing the semantics

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Lol can we go back to the Evo LTE please?

So still I'm shocked that the OneS and OneX are selling for the same on contract...

$550(200 on contract) for the EVO 4G LTE is a solid deal imho!

Though I do NOT understand how the OneS is $199($550 off contract at BestBuy) is the SAME price as the OneX...least the on contract price of $199 at ATT...

Just confusing how the OneX=OneS=EVO4GLTE price wise...

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
so still i'm shocked that the ones and onex are selling for the same on contract...

$550(200 on contract) for the evo 4g lte is a solid deal imho!

Though i do not understand how the ones is $199($550 off contract at bestbuy) is the same price as the onex...least the on contract price of $199 at att...

Just confusing how the onex=ones=evo4glte price wise...

lte pawns those hands down

EmmaHAARP

Nov 21, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So still I'm shocked that the OneS and OneX are selling for the same on contract...

$550(200 on contract) for the EVO 4G LTE is a solid deal imho!

Though I do NOT understand how the OneS is $199($550 off contract at BestBuy) is the SAME price as the OneX...least the on contract price of $199 at ATT...

Just confusing how the OneX=OneS=EVO4GLTE price wise...

Maybe all they care about is that you sign that contract and pick what phone suits you more. One S for smaller screen, One X/4G LTE bigger screen?

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Maybe all they care about is that you sign that contract and pick what phone suits you more. One S for smaller screen, One X/4G LTE bigger screen?

Then the margins on the OneS are greater making it something carriers would want sales people to push much more than the OneX....or least the carrier with the OneS fairs better in the end margin wise...all else being equal that is...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Anyone going to get the gn its a rather nice device even if hw is little outdated gf couldn't wait to upgrade from 3d n got the gsii n switched over to the gn today happier with it then she was the gsii lol

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
i'm going thru hell, i have to find a cheap hero or evo for my mom, switch her over from her flip fone so I can use her upgrade to get the lte if it truly does drop in may... if it doesn't... then i'm doing all this for nothing as my upgrade is in june... but I want it first day, i'll be honest lolz

Reactions: Rydah

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
i'm going thru hell, i have to find a cheap hero or evo for my mom, switch her over from her flip fone so I can use her upgrade to get the lte if it truly does drop in may... if it doesn't... then i'm doing all this for nothing as my upgrade is in june... but I want it first day, i'll be honest lolz

To bad I just traded in both of those last weekend

Top Liked Posts