[Q] Phone turns off when taking a picture

Search This thread

UrbanDesigns

Aug 15, 2012
This has been doing my head in for quite some time, sometimes when I take a picture and flash/focus and then shoot it turns my phone off, to the point I can't turn it back on and I have to battery pull.

I thought it was a ROM related issue (at the time I was on Ultima ROM 4.2) so just recently I've upgrades to 4.3.2 KitKat and it does exactly the same. It's not an app issue although it does it far less in MX Camera then stock camera.

Does anybody know why? it's driving me crazy

Last edited:

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I got this error in CWM after I tried flashing a KitKat ROM, I googled the error and found it's because my CWM is old and I need the updated version that's able to flash some KitKat ROMs but i wipe factory/data reset and when i reboot i just reboot into recovery

I figured i can just flash the .tar file from Odin and reboot into the new recovery and then flash the ROM but the .tar is nowhere to be found and i'm pretty out of practise with all the flashing ROMs business, I don't know what my alternatives are. I'm updating from 4.1.2 and that's only because the bug on this app is doing my head in (turns phone off sometimes when flash focus taking a picture, got to battery pull)

phone is stuck in recovery until some chap helps me out

phone is scaring me now lol, had trouble getting it into recovery then. i can see the brick light and its glowing
much appreciated

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34379030

Go here and download the latest Phil's touch recovery... Both tar and zip files are present...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

UrbanDesigns

Aug 15, 2012
edit: fixed my first problem, now to the reason that caused me to upgrade to kitkat in the first place... it's still occuring

Last edited:

superkekko

Nov 16, 2007
bumo because i can't cope with this anymore, it will be the death of me

Yeah that's happening to me too, I'm on Imperium rom v31.0 (based on stock Samsung 4.3) with Boeffla 5.3 kernel.
I'll try figure out what's going on, it might be the battery getting old. If you can, try a newer battery.

EDIT: Problem seems to be fixed for me, setting max CPU clock to 1600mhz and GPU to 266/350/440/533/600 overvolting to +25mV through Boeffla-Config V2.

Last edited: