[Q] Display shuts off while watching videos in stock browser.

Search This thread

sil3nc3

Jan 16, 2007
I've been on the hunt for an answer for a few weeks. I'm using CM11 nightlies and when I'm watching a video in the browser my screen dims and eventually shuts off as if nothing was playing. I did see a few people post with the same issue in a few threads but that's about it. I thought it would eventually be fixed but it doesn't seem to be a common issue. Only happens in the AOSP browser and I just clean flashed everything before posting. So it can't be because of the dirty flashes. Anyone have any idea what gives?

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
I've been on the hunt for an answer for a few weeks. I'm using CM11 nightlies and when I'm watching a video in the browser my screen dims and eventually shuts off as if nothing was playing. I did see a few people post with the same issue in a few threads but that's about it. I thought it would eventually be fixed but it doesn't seem to be a common issue. Only happens in the AOSP browser and I just clean flashed everything before posting. So it can't be because of the dirty flashes. Anyone have any idea what gives?

Well, they are called "Nightlies" for a reason...

Does it happen with other browsers? It might be the browser's fault.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Don't think its an issue with your ROM. Completely stock and the same happens to me watching any embedded videos.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

P R O

Jan 28, 2014
Has anyone thought about turning his screen timeout hi like 10 mins

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Browsers are certainly a personal preference. If you're dead set on using that particular one, then I would suggest something along the lines of using the Xposed Framework and the module App Settings: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437377 You can use this to keep the Browser (or other apps) to not time out, but just the apps you select instead of just doing a generic leave the screen on for 10 minutes at a time. Or, if you use ART, or don't care to mess with Xposed, then something along these lines: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nbondarchuk.android.keepscn&hl=en should work for what you want. Basically you can just set it to keep the screen on as long as you are looking at the phone (FFC) then it'll stay on - ala Samsung.