[Q] How to setup push email for galaxy note 2 stock email app?

Search This thread

maxram

Dec 2, 2012
I read that Microsoft is ending Exchange Activesync. I was able to use this to sync my main gmail account with the stock app for note 2.

Strangely enough, it's still working this year 2014, though I'm not sure after July 31, the scheduled date when EAS is finally removed.

The push settings really helped save my battery and I was wondering if there is a way to get push email with gmail?

Thank you

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
I read that Microsoft is ending Exchange Activesync. I was able to use this to sync my main gmail account with the stock app for note 2.

Strangely enough, it's still working this year 2014, though I'm not sure after July 31, the scheduled date when EAS is finally removed.

The push settings really helped save my battery and I was wondering if there is a way to get push email with gmail?

Thank you
I really didn't understand your question but are you trying to ask if gmail "push" service would be available via stock "email" app and not the default gmail app that comes preloaded?

maxram

Dec 2, 2012
Aw sorry. I'm using the samsung stock email app with Microsoft Exchange activesync for my gmail.

The stock Gmail app doesn't have push.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

maxram

Dec 2, 2012
Since exchange activesync is being shutdown, what other ways can i get push email?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Aw sorry. I'm using the samsung stock email app with Microsoft Exchange activesync for my gmail.

The stock Gmail app doesn't have push.

umm as far as i know from personal experience the default gmail app does have "push" as long as "sync" is enabled if sync is disabled gmail won't act as push and you have to manually check for emails under gmail. Well i am still not clear as to what are you trying to ask ,cause you are talking about microsoft active sync and gmail together,they are two different email clients that behave differently and it doesn't matter if you use samsung stock email app or stock google/ aosp/aokp email app for receiving push notifications cause it depends on the email client if they offer "push" under "stock email" app .Like for eg under stock samsung/google/aosp/aokp email app if you use your yahoo id it doesn't have option for "push" but it can check for emails at certain intervals but if you use hotmail or gmail id it does offer "push" ,so my question to you is which email are you using under stock email app ?Is it GMAIL or HOTMAIL account?