[Q] Recovery Mode (No command?)

Search This thread

hoodysoft

Mar 27, 2014
Hello people :D

I have a rooted LG G2 device and I wanted to download a custom ROM, and so I installed "Rom Manager" and installed the "Team Win" Recovery thingy. After that I wanted to go into recovery mode and used "Rom Manager" in order to do so but It showed up w/ a Green Android with a Red Triangle and said "No Command".... What does that mean and how can I fix it? Thanks Homies :D

Device Info:

LG G2 Verizon Variant
Android 4.2.2
Software Version: VS98012B
Model Number: VS980 4G

hoodysoft

Mar 27, 2014
Additional Details!!!

I think I may know what the problem is but Im not sure if it is....

I used the manual way in order to reboot into recovery mode for the LG G2 verizon variant but it somehow factory reset! (which is not a problem for me :D Phew)

Anyways if my android factory reseted instead of booting onto recovery mode... does that mean that my android does not have a custom recovery??

Just in case but can you guys also tell me how to download a custom recovery? b/c when I said that I downloaded a custom recovery (team win) I wasn't sure so I think that may be the problem :D Thanks once again

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
That usually means that the recovery did not install properly, how about you try with freegee
Edit:freegee is available in the playstore
Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

hoodysoft

Mar 27, 2014
FreeGee Question

That usually means that the recovery did not install properly, how about you try with freegee
Edit:freegee is available in the playstore
Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Hi Thanks for the tip and I did download freegee and it is taking quite a while to download TWRP... does it usually take this long? its already been like 5-7 minutes. How do I know if it is done? and sorry for my impatience it is just that I find it odd for this to go for like 7 minutes

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Hi Thanks for the tip and I did download freegee and it is taking quite a while to download TWRP... does it usually take this long? its already been like 5-7 minutes. How do I know if it is done? and sorry for my impatience it is just that I find it odd for this to go for like 7 minutes

well I've used it many times and its never taken more than 10 minutes to download and install