HELPP .. Question please

Search This thread
Jan 19, 2014
i got an htc one m8 i wanna know if i can use my ps3 controller without root my phone , via wireless i dont wanna use it via OTG thanks

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
i got an htc one m8 i wanna know if i can use my ps3 controller without root my phone , via wireless i dont wanna use it via OTG thanks

I'm not really sure of any other method apart from using the sixaxis app which you need root for. As I understand it, apparently Sony Z2 users can use the PS3 Controller without rooting the device as Sony implemented the means to link up the two without any 3rd party app(Which is logical...Sony after all).

You'll have to compromise somewhere though, seriously. It's a 3rd party controller, how do you expect it to work without at least rooting the device so that you can MAKE changes in order for it to work? It's like trying to install a program(That needs Administrative privileges) on a PC without granting it Administrative privileges :rolleyes:

Jan 19, 2014
I'm not really sure of any other method apart from using the sixaxis app which you need root for. As I understand it, apparently Sony Z2 users can use the PS3 Controller without rooting the device as Sony implemented the means to link up the two without any 3rd party app(Which is logical...Sony after all).

You'll have to compromise somewhere though, seriously. It's a 3rd party controller, how do you expect it to work without at least rooting the device so that you can MAKE changes in order for it to work? It's like trying to install a program(That needs Administrative privileges) on a PC without granting it Administrative privileges :rolleyes:

You are not able to use the PS3 controller without root. I am using SIxaxis controller on my HTC M8

shot answer NO. needs to be rooted to use a ps3 controller

ok saw an guide for root , it is in spanish so is ok, but if i root i cant update via OTA , is there any way to unroot easy ?
and i try to use my sixaxis via OTG on my m8 , but it dont work , what app will work for recognize my sixaxis controller via OTG without root?
thanks,sorry for bad english

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
ok saw an guide for root , it is in spanish so is ok, but if i root i cant update via OTA , is there any way to unroot easy ?
and i try to use my sixaxis via OTG on my m8 , but it dont work , what app will work for recognize my sixaxis controller via OTG without root?
thanks,sorry for bad english

Where do you people get this information from? Link me to the place that says you can't get OTA if you're rooted :eek:

You'll get OTA if you're rooted, you just need to make sure that you have stock recovery installed. If you're S-ON you'll have to relock bootloader, if you're S-OFF then you don't need to, but not getting OTA because you're rooted? :eek: