Need help to restore my motog bootloader and stock rom

Search This thread

calum001

Jul 24, 2014
Hello there everyone.

I have a problem with my MotoG XT1032, I bought from Phones4U.

I unlocked the bootloader ages ago and tried to install custom roms, when that didn't work for me (my phone company didn't allow unlocked devices on their network) I went back to stock ROM.

I then updated my stock rom a few weeks ago to Android 4.4.2.
It seems to have messed up my phone. It tells me the bootloader is "UNLOCKED" status code 3, even though I tried the tool on here "Motorola moto g - relock, restore and more" to try to lock it. It flashed a US ROM, but I want the retail UK 4.3 ROM for my phone as mine is UK version.

I have had horrible problems trying to flash British retail firmware on my phone. Whenever I try to flash the stock firmware I get error messages:
"Preflash validation failed!" and "version downgraded for gpt", version downgraded for tz. etc. I have all the drivers installed and my phone is recognised in normal mode when connected and in fastboot mode by my pc.
I can only use the scripts to flash the US ROM, but the bootloader remains unlocked. I want to flash the stock UK firmware for 4.3 back to my phone and I want to relock the bootloader as if I had just bought the phone. I've tried numerous times to flash firmwares but none of them work except the US version. I cannot also relock my bootloader as I get an error message
"SST lock failure!".
Please any assistance is much appreciated, I am getting desperate. I want my phone restored to UK ROM and relocked bootloader.

Here is my OS and system specs and programs for you guys if you need this information:

OS Windows 8.1
Architecture: 32-bit OS
Programs: Motorola Device Manager
Google USB drivers
Fastboot and ADB installed
Phone recognised by both fastboot and PC.
ROM: US Retail 4.4.2 from the Moto G restore relock and more tool.
Phone model: Motorola Motog XT1032 UK version