[Unbrick Service] Bricked Phone? Need Help? Look Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

darKpoiSonend

Jul 24, 2011
Hi,

I wanted to ask you if you could help me update my firmware?
I haven't done it for ages on an HTC Phone and only remember bits and pieces.

My main problem is searching for the ruu's and firmware that I specifically need. I have a GSM device and have been running custom roms since root and recovery came out for the htc one m8 ;)

I'm still S-ON and have already tried firewater to no avail. Will have to flash back stock first and try sunshine

billyboy77

Dec 24, 2014
HTC One M8 stuck in bootloop

Hi

I bought an HTC One M8 last spring - loved it. Updated it to GPE using Firewater S-OFF, then upgraded it to Lollipop without any problems.

Got fed up with the slightly less usable camera and lack of storage on stock android and decided I wanted to go back to stock Sense.

Long story short - I cocked up the ADB and fastboot commands and have left my phone in a bootloop from HTC white loading screen to red triangle and exclamation mark of doom - and can't seem to get it to return to bootloader at all. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Hi

I bought an HTC One M8 last spring - loved it. Updated it to GPE using Firewater S-OFF, then upgraded it to Lollipop without any problems.

Got fed up with the slightly less usable camera and lack of storage on stock android and decided I wanted to go back to stock Sense.

Long story short - I cocked up the ADB and fastboot commands and have left my phone in a bootloop from HTC white loading screen to red triangle and exclamation mark of doom - and can't seem to get it to return to bootloader at all. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Well I converted back last night, got stuck at same screen after applying the first Sense OTA(1.54.1540.9 - 2.22.1540.3) couldn't boot into bootloader either. What did work for me however was to plug it into the PC, listen and make sure the PC picks up the device, then while stuck in the white HTC screen, open a terminal in adb folder and type adb reboot-bootloader. That got me booted into fastboot mode from which I could restore a nandroid.

Worth a shot I suppose.

billyboy77

Dec 24, 2014
Well I converted back last night, got stuck at same screen after applying the first Sense OTA(1.54.1540.9 - 2.22.1540.3) couldn't boot into bootloader either. What did work for me however was to plug it into the PC, listen and make sure the PC picks up the device, then while stuck in the white HTC screen, open a terminal in adb folder and type adb reboot-bootloader. That got me booted into fastboot mode from which I could restore a nandroid.

Worth a shot I suppose.

Unfortunately, the adb reboot bootloader command isn't working. I can't manually turn phone off so I have to let battery run down, then charge it up, and power it on again. While it's powering on I type in the command and it just says 'device not found'.

I also get an error message from Android File Manager telling me that it can't connect to the device.

Any other ideas :(

brockmanah

Jan 1, 2015
Same boat

I did the same thing to my HTC M8 after getting into a clockworkrecoverymod bootloop. Now my phone appears to be bricked. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello,
I was trying to fix my clockworkmod recovery with a command i found: "echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0"

Now my phone's screen just stays black.

I managed to get into RUU without seeing the screen but when I tried to install a stock version of my phone it gave me "FAILED (remote: 41 model id check fail)"

I would appreciate any help to get it un-bricked.

Thanks!

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I did the same thing to my HTC M8 after getting into a clockworkrecoverymod bootloop. Now my phone appears to be bricked. Any help would be much appreciated.

Am I really suppose to have an answer for you based on your post?
try giving us some information about you phone / carrier / s-off / unlocked / stock / rooted / firmware version / CID, MID / and what you did exactly to get where you are now

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Hi

your phone is stuck in RUU mode .. flash the RUU again or flash a firmware that matches your phone

brockmanah

Jan 1, 2015
Am I really suppose to have an answer for you based on your post?
try giving us some information about you phone / carrier / s-off / unlocked / stock / rooted / firmware version / CID, MID / and what you did exactly to get where you are now

It is an HTC One M8, Verizon, s-off, unlocked, Cynogenmod V11 I am unsure how to get CID, MID and firmware. I was Android 4.4.4 and just got root and loaded CM11 a couple days ago. Phone was OK but would not power down, instead went to clockworkmod recovery boot.

I mitakenly followed the terminal advice that was intended for tablets. I went to terminal, root with su, then:

"echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0"

Now the phone appears to be hard bricked. Cannot hold volume up, down, or both in combo with power switch, and, there is no orange led indicator when the power is plugged in. Only sign of life is if I hold power/volume down when connected to PC, i hear the powerdown chime after 10 seconds and then the power up chime. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
It is an HTC One M8, Verizon, s-off, unlocked, Cynogenmod V11 I am unsure how to get CID, MID and firmware. I was Android 4.4.4 and just got root and loaded CM11 a couple days ago. Phone was OK but would not power down, instead went to clockworkmod recovery boot.

I mitakenly followed the terminal advice that was intended for tablets. I went to terminal, root with su, then:

Now the phone appears to be hard bricked. Cannot hold volume up, down, or both in combo with power switch, and, there is no orange led indicator when the power is plugged in. Only sign of life is if I hold power/volume down when connected to PC, i hear the powerdown chime after 10 seconds and then the power up chime. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Ouch ... dd commands are very dangerous especially on an s-off device
@nkk71 any idea how he can get out of this ? I'm lost, I don't know what the command you ran is actually meant to do.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ouch ... dd commands are very dangerous especially on an s-off device
@nkk71 any idea how he can get out of this ? I'm lost, I don't know what the command you ran is actually meant to do.
ouch indeed, mmcblk0p3 is the HTC-BOARD-INFO partition, not sure how dd'ing that would affect the phone but obviously not in a good manner :(

What does Windows Device Manager show? QHSUSB_DLOAD? If so connect it to a linux machine (or linux live usb), and see what "ls -l /dev/sd*" gives... do you see a sdx1 through sdx47 (x could be any letter)

RychJ

Sep 7, 2008
Prague
Hello,

can be done on HTC M8 S-on, stock recovery and stock ROM without using a PC? Im S-OFF, custom recovery, custom ROM (ARHD), latest firmware

If I connect my phone to PC, instantly boiled PC shuts down. Tried several PC and cables.
Charging and USB Flash works normally.

Or does anyone know where could be the problem?

thank you

Ampicillin

Mar 17, 2010
Tianjin
Hello Guys,

I know SuperCID allows you to flash any Custom ROM made for HTC One M8 regardless of any carrier (verizon/sprint/International etc) but I wanna know would it brick the phone sometimes? or it rarely happens? Like suppose me have international version with SuperCID (1111111) and flash Verizon ROM :)

Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello Guys,

I know SuperCID allows you to flash any Custom ROM made for HTC One M8 regardless of any carrier (verizon/sprint/International etc) but I wanna know would it brick the phone sometimes? or it rarely happens? Like suppose me have international version with SuperCID (1111111) and flash Verizon ROM :)

Don't do it. If you are on international, don't use ROMs for Verizon or Sprint. There is a reason they have separate versions. They won't be compatible.
You may be able to change your MID and run the Verizon RUU to convert it to a Verizon model, but I can't say for sure.
EDIT: Without some serious hacking, you won't be able to convert.

Last edited:

Ampicillin

Mar 17, 2010
Tianjin
Don't do it. If you are on international, don't use ROMs for Verizon or Sprint. There is a reason they have separate versions. They won't be compatible.
You may be able to change your MID and run the Verizon RUU to convert it to a Verizon model, but I can't say for sure.
EDIT: Without some serious hacking, you won't be able to convert.

Okay. I understood. Thanks :) I would probably stick to International ROM support only

hack14u

Nov 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
Prompt 24 hour service.....haven't seen Matt here since the 15th. Hmmm :sly:

This is why I hate these threads. Hmmm, I stuck my phone in the tailpipe of my truck, looked hot, so I stuck it in the dishwasher to cool off, think anyone can help.... Sigh... It gets overwhelming for anyone here. No offense to the OP trying to help, but the requests get crazy.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This is why I hate these threads. Hmmm, I stuck my phone in the tailpipe of my truck, looked hot, so I stuck it in the dishwasher to cool off, think anyone can help.... Sigh... It gets overwhelming for anyone here. No offense to the OP trying to help, but the requests get crazy.

The thread is serving its purpose still. That's what is important. It has helped a lot of people. There will always be someone here (as long as the M8 is relevant) to help people with their issues.
I like what he started.

cypryan1217

Nov 1, 2014
Hello guys,
i have a htc one m8 and i tried to install android 4.4.4 frot hboot. When i restart the phone never turn on. The only sign of life is a orange led flash once. The pc doesn't recognized anything and I can't oped recovery. What can i do?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
The thread is serving its purpose still. That's what is important. It has helped a lot of people. There will always be someone here (as long as the M8 is relevant) to help people with their issues.
I like what he started.

Those people would have been helped if they started their own thread, or posted to one more relevant. This whole Q&A and Help forum section is dedicated to this purpose.

The top post advertises a service that is no longer supported by the OP (as well intended as it may have started out), so the thread should be closed. Folks keep posting specifically asking (expecting) the OP specifically to help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing the ...

Matt Unbrick Service!

If you have a problem with your HTC One (M8), and just don't know what to do, don't despair! I can help.

With over 3 years experience with Android phones, we exist solely to help you enjoy your phone, and prevent you from experiencing the inconvenient HTC return process, which can take several weeks.

Services I offer:

Rooting
    Unrooting
    Unlocking Bootloaders
    S-off
    Updating Firmwares
    Flashing RUUs
    Fixing unbootable phones!

Service is free, however donations are welcome and appreciated

How it works!

To request a repair, simply post here on the thread.

I will then get back to you as soon as possible and we can then arrange a TeamViewer session or I can write up a guide for your situation, for you to follow independently.

People I have helped:

• Eswog
    • Crazhy
    • nolinuxnoparty
    • mattoffshore
    • dayze0
    • bteljuice
    • Amrut223
    • bamidrol
    • ringrover
    • ElunChen
    • slicetherice
    • darktyroll
    • IT4ALii3EN
    • malavan
    • ProxiStyx
    • natzakaria
    • sly101s
    • smaug8821
    • dlnas
    • sardor
    • SoftHd
    • dh2311
    • royoshukrun
    • mathrania
    • adichandra
    • sfjeep

Thanks for reading, and I hope to be able to help :)
    Thread closed because it looks like the OP has abandoned this thread.

If you need help with your M8 please go here : http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/help/help-thread-htc-one-m8-questions-t2897783

Greetings Cees Heim
    Prompt 24 hour service.....haven't seen Matt here since the 15th. Hmmm :sly:
    So I have the att varient and I tried to flash the Venom rom 1.2 version from stock rooted S-On and after flashing I am now stuck at the splash screen and cannot access the bootloader, any suggestions?

EDIT: I have figured out the problem and solved it please disregard this post.
    Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have an issue similar to this.

Phone gets to the HTC powered by android screen and then dies. I cannot access bootloader using vol down and power. It won't respond.

S-Off, unlocked boot loader.

Phone also periodically turns on by itself, then procedes to shut down after it gets to the HTC Powered by android splash screen.

EDIT:

Managed to get into recovery using the advice in this post:

When you plug it into the computer does the computer make a ding sound that it's connected? If so, then press power and volume up until the disconnect ding sound which indicates it's rebooting and then immediately press volume down and see if you can get into fastboot. The timing is tricky so I've found using audio cues from computer can help if the phone is messed up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Leaving this here in case anyone else has the same issue. Mods delete if you see fit.
    I like what he started.

Those people would have been helped if they started their own thread, or posted to one more relevant. This whole Q&A and Help forum section is dedicated to this purpose.

The top post advertises a service that is no longer supported by the OP (as well intended as it may have started out), so the thread should be closed. Folks keep posting specifically asking (expecting) the OP specifically to help them.