RAISE your NEO userdata space up to 420m from 380m!

Search This thread

AlenKing

Dec 7, 2011
Sarajevo
After flashed this would destroy your user data! before you flash this ,I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you make a Nandroid backup first from CWM! so make sure you have installed CWM.

--------------NOTICE-------------
6/5: According to some users' bugs report, I removed the ICS version and wait for the fix as for now. AND is there anyone notice that Neo V 4.0.4 firmware has no vendor.sin? what is that mean ?

TUTORIAL:
If you know what is Flashtool and CWM,you dont have to read the tutorial, I think this thread is clear enough to follow .But there is still some guys not succeed by following me.
1. Reboot your phone into CWM
2. Move to "Backup and Restore",then select "Backup"
3. When backup done, power off
4. Unzip the attachment ,flash it with Flashtool
5. Go into CWM again,select "Backup and Restore" > "Advanced restore",select your last backup then "restore data"

unzip the file flash with flashtool. and you see the data partition changed to 420m same as NEO V!
no matter you restore from CWM or install a new ROM it would not change back to 380m ,unless you flash the stock NEO FW.
it should work on 42 or 62 FW, I didnt test the rest versions,but you could try it.
it should work for arc compare to arc s,too.

actually , cache.sin and userdata.sin in ftf are from NEO V FW.
here is my partitions info:
/system 312.5m in total
/data 420m in total
/cache 101.5m in total

system and cache didnt decrease while data increase, I dont know where those 40m come from.

maybe here it is :
system+data+cache comes to 834m.
we know NEO has 1G ROM which actual size is 1000^3 / 1024^3 = 931.3m (according to NAND flash chip)
maybe still 97m out there invisible!:D

thanks my friend parsky from Gfan forum for his discovery!​

attachment here:
View attachment 860812

What about that 97MB could you dig it on surface hehehehehhe every MB is Important xD

AlenKing

Dec 7, 2011
Sarajevo
After flashed this would destroy your user data! before you flash this ,I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you make a Nandroid backup first from CWM! so make sure you have installed CWM.

6/5: According to some users' bugs report, I removed the ICS version and wait for the fix as for now. AND is there anyone notice that Neo V 4.0.4 firmware has no vendor.sin? what is that mean ?

TUTORIAL:
If you know what is Flashtool and CWM,you dont have to read the tutorial, I think this thread is clear enough to follow .But there is still some guys not succeed by following me.
5. Go into CWM again,select "Backup and Restore" > "Advanced restore",select your last backup then "restore data"

unzip the file flash with flashtool. and you see the data partition changed to 420m same as NEO V!
no matter you restore from CWM or install a new ROM it would not change back to 380m ,unless you flash the stock NEO FW.
it should work on 42 or 62 FW, I didnt test the rest versions,but you could try it.

/system 312.5m in total
/data 420m in total
/cache 101.5m in total

system and cache didnt decrease while data increase, I dont know where those 40m come from.

maybe here it is :
we know NEO has 1G ROM which actual size is 1000^3 / 1024^3 = 931.3m (according to NAND flash chip)

attachment here:
View attachment 860812

Nice one but i think i know where those 40MB came from, see my new ROM i have post picture where it shows that i have 380MB and down says that 398MB is used by apps and that i have 63MB free so i think that i actually have 461 MB just they are not shown heheh confusing

frank_harmann

Apr 28, 2009
I'm a little confused now. Will this work on 4.0.4 with unlocked bl or not?
If so, which file to use? (587 fw for neo v with just loader.sin, system.sin and userdata.sin??)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TUTORIAL:

/system 312.5m in total
    /data 420m in total
    /cache 101.5m in total

maybe here it is :

attachment here:
    View attachment 860812
    Thanks.

I've flashed my Xperia Neo with the attached file last 3 days.

So far I didn't find any side effect with the mod.

Thanks! 40MB is a lot!
    Just by giving you neo v storage arrangements all ok as of now

Sent from my MT15i using xda premium
    Please Upload file in multiupload or mediafire.Can't download form given link.
    working on JB

I used ICS version (in attachment) for my CM10 by FXP and working flawlessly... big THX