Nexus 10 to receive major upgrade

Search This thread

mattzildjian

Mar 23, 2011
I'm sure this news will be frustrating to hear from many Nexus 10 owners, I am still going through replacements to get a good screen without light bleed and dead pixels and then I hear about this.

Thoughts ??

The popular tablet already features a decently fast 1.7GHz dual-core Exynos processor alongside a Mali-T604 GPU. However, new rumors suggest that it will soon beef up with a quad-core processor and a brand new 8-core Mali-T678 GPU.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/490480/google-nexus-10-to-receive-major-upgrades-more-power/

Last edited:

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I'm sure this news will be frustrating to hear from many Nexus 10 owners.

The popular tablet already features a decently fast 1.7GHz dual-core Exynos processor alongside a Mali-T604 GPU. However, new rumors suggest that it will soon beef up with a quad-core processor and a brand new 8-core Mali-T678 GPU.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/490480/google-nexus-10-to-receive-major-upgrades-more-power/

I hate to be "that guy" but I'm going to be "that guy".

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2111301

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2109422

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2108875

mattzildjian

Mar 23, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: BarryH_GEG

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
this wont come out till the fall anyway... 1 year life cycle is typical isnt it?

Very typical. The problem is the terrible source story is written like Google is going to have a girl in a bikini pop out of a cake and deliver this new device on the shelves of Walmart in a few weeks with a card in the package telling early adopters to eat crap.

Reactions: Jayrod1980

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Fourth thread to say the exact same thing with absolultely no credible sources for any of the info stated.

"New rumors suggest" = flimsy puff piece. And do you guys typically get breaking Android news from sites like "thebrightsideofthenews.com" and the "inquisitr.com?" I sure don't. And like styckx said above, use the friggin search button or at least take time to review the front page because all three other threads discussing this very same issue are on it.

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
Wow im happy finally that I didn't go with nexus 10 mali t 678 would be a beast somewhere 3 times powerful than current nexus 10s gpu mali t604

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
Wow im happy finally that I didn't go with nexus 10 mali t 678 would be a beast somewhere 3 times powerful than current nexus 10s gpu mali t604

...and 3-4 months after that there will be rumors of the next big thing. Such is the mobile tech market. If your constantly waiting for the next best one, you will never have anything.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
...and 3-4 months after that there will be rumors of the next big thing. Such is the mobile tech market. If your constantly waiting for the next best one, you will never have anything.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

^ So much this.

I used to work for Circuit City and I'd have to deal with this constantly. I was there for two years and I saw some of the same few customers two years later still "shopping" for a new TV that I saw shopping for a new TV my first month with the company. It got to the point I didn't even acknowledge them anymore and my boss didn't comprehend they were in the redundant technology chasing black hole. They'd constantly come in with notebooks (the worst customers are notebook customers) full of specs and charts and graphics and comparisons, print outs from the internet of reviews etc etc etc.. Holy crap I'm just annoyed even reminiscing about it.

I truly respect anyone who can make a living selling technology because it's one of the worst sales jobs next to selling mattresses. Which I've also done.

Reactions: Jayrod1980

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
Not going to be that person to brave the waters of this new Nexus 10. It could prove to be disasterous. Take the Transformer Infinity for example. The Transformer Prime was great in terms of processing and smoothness, but Asus messed up the Infinity tablet to the point that it had major I/O / lag issues. I owned the Prime and not the Infinity so I'm basing the Infinity performance on what people has said in these forums.

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Take the Transformer Infinity for example. The Transformer Prime was great in terms of processing and smoothness, but Asus messed up the Infinity tablet to the point that it had major I/O / lag issues. I owned the Prime and not the Infinity so I'm basing the Infinity performance on what people has said in these forums.

Damn I really needed a laugh today, as a former owner of both the 201 and 700, between the two I had, C1/C6 there was no comparison in which was better. Wifi/BT/GPS was horrendous on my C1 not to mention the screen upgrade. Doesn't really matter though, both have pitiful I/O performance which has been well documented I'm only going to link a few but man LOL :eek:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...hmark-11-modern-devices-compared-in-13-tests/
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595531
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1757765

Even if they upgrade the hardware in 6 months, I'd still take my N10 over my old 201 & 700 any day of the week!

More recently users have been noticing very poor performance with ASUS Android tablets whenever there's substantial background IO going on, particularly multitasking while writes are taking place (e.g. downloading a torrent and browsing the web). The slowdowns range from multi-second long pauses to sluggish response time.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyijedi

EvoYas

Feb 2, 2011
So what, tech gets updated fast, you will never have the best in the market for a very long time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
I was an early adopter of the Nexus 7 (8GB), and it ended up being discontinued shortly after I bought it and then the 16GB takes its place with the same price...

Really hoping a new Nexus 10 doesn't surface this quickly :/

Same here I was a little irked getting the 16 at $250 then the 32GB was out but what can you do, I highly doubt we'll see a hardware revision until at least Google I/O

werked

Jun 20, 2012
North Carolina
Such is the technology world. Don't get to upset over rumors of a beefier n10. I'd be inclined to guess that this won't happen until late 2013, if it happens at all. If a new and amazingly better n10 comes out q4 2013, it will be very easy to sell your current n10 and grab the new one. Just my .02.... BC this is what I would do. This happens (as a poster stated before) with electronics. Not big news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

felipepx

Dec 27, 2012
Valencia
www.heightdev.com
Could Google be announcing the next Nexus 10 at Mobile World Congress?

CES 2013 has just come to an end and there are already rumors about for Mobile World Congress 2013. Among them is potential news for the next generation of Google’s Nexus 10.

Google did very well in the tablet market in 2012 by producing good tablets at a decent cost. More people could afford them and their specs helped them work well. The Nexus 10 second generation could be a lot more interesting.

The rumor comes from Theo Valich from Bright Side of News. If the rumors prove true, then the Nexus 10 second gen is going to be a beast of a tablet. At a quick glance, here are some of the rumored specs.

Mali T678 GPGPU
2GB RAM
Support for OpenCL 1.1, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.0, and Google’s Renderscript Compute
As you can see, there isn’t a lot there. However, if these rumors prove to be true, the Nexus 10 2 could be the most powerful tablet produced so far. Things like screen resolution, storage sizes, CPU, and other specs haven’t been mentioned yet, so there is still room for a pitfall or two when the final design comes out.

Are any of these Nexus 10 2 rumors true?

It’s hard to say. Theo Valich has claimed to have played with an unfinished version of the Nexus 10 2. However, the specs so far have been a mix of rumor and speculation. So, as usual, take it as it is since it is an unconfirmed rumor. It’s nice to daydream about such things. However, the 2GB of RAM should prove true as it’s the current standard for Android devices.

One thing for sure is that we’ll know more about it eventually. With Google I/O coming up soon, it’s hard to imagine Google announcing a Nexus device at another tech conference. Do you think MWC 2013 will hold some new Google magic or will Google be saving it for Google I/O? More importantly, are any of these specs believable or possible? Let us know your thoughts.

By Android Authority

What do you think? I just ordering my Nexus 10, should I cancel it? :crying:

Top Liked Posts