GTA SA for android is out now!!

Search This thread
L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Not compatible with any of my devices, maybe it's only available for the Kindle Fire at the moment? Crazy that it's out on Amazon apps before Google Play.

narflynn619

May 25, 2011
On board Nebuchadnezzar.
All is lost. Goodbye world... waaaaaaa! :(

EDIT: If they left out the Xperia PLAY due to its ancient hardware, what's the point of making it Gingerbread-compatible altogether? I think it's safe to assume that devices stuck on GB up to today are weaker or at par with the Xperia PLAY. So what's the point Rockstar? :(

Last edited:

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
All is lost. Goodbye world... waaaaaaa! :(

EDIT: If they left out the Xperia PLAY due to its ancient hardware, what's the point of making it Gingerbread-compatible altogether? I think it's safe to assume that devices stuck on GB up to today are weaker or at par with the Xperia PLAY. So what's the point Rockstar? :(

well i think its time to change android...

Its not all lost.

We have a new PS3/X-Box 360 game just ported to the Xperia Play today -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576702

Its Rockstar and the 3rd party dev (War drum studios) that ported it that is the issue here. If they had any care in the world for Android (IOS Fanboys) this game would have been made better and for more devices. Take alook at the market listing, it seams it does not work on any device even if they are modern at the momment.

Reactions: julian280
L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

The Google Play version lists Android 3.0 as the minimum requirement but the Amazon listing says Android 2.3 which is most likely due to it needing to be compatible with the kindle fire. I wonder if the Amazon version will work if they make it available to devices outside the kindle fire, it doesn't look like it's going to have a kindle specific version.

insane5125

Jun 5, 2013
Dubach
The Google Play version lists Android 3.0 as the minimum requirement but the Amazon listing says Android 2.3 which is most likely due to it needing to be compatible with the kindle fire. I wonder if the Amazon version will work if they make it available to devices outside the kindle fire, it doesn't look like it's going to have a kindle specific version.

Try it out. Amazon let's anyone download their appstore as long as it's android just Google amazon app store I your Web browser and there should be a link.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
I installed it on my own 4.1.b.13 and that xperia z rom i ported 2 days ago
On both of them i have problems with gamepad and touchpads so i cant say anything about xpo optimization
But the game is not working well on it
It will be closed when you go home and when you wana play a massion and ...
But the game itself is as fast as gta vice city
I think the problem is related to ram
Can swap partition work exacly as ram?
Because even angry bird go needs more ram (1gb)
I will try swap soon too

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
I enabled 256mg swap on my sd card then played gta san andreas with my 4.1.b.13
Everything worked fine
Only sometimes i have bad lags but i dont have closed game anymore
As i said before i cant test xpo optimization due to not working touchpads and gamepad in my rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gamepad and touchpads dont work sadly :(
    checked in 4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r4-1
    but the game itself is working well
    maybe we can talk to rockstar about that
    because if the support gamepads supporting xperia play gamepad is not hard
    Hi Guy's

Has anyone gotten this game to run very well on the play if so could you please share your setup, as i would like to try it out but want to know which rom tweaks etc. are best, or if it is even worth buying for this phone??

Thanks

I was able to get it run half was decent on paranoid android Rom by @underscores will official adreno drivers and the fps limiter mod from @Pizza_Dox and resolutions minimal

Sent from my C771 using xda app-developers app
    Could you give us a GKP file? I can never get button mapping to work...

Here you have ;)

I uploaded two .gkp files with the config that works for me. the first one is just the same as the one shown in the screenie. The second one is the same with bigger d-pad cross because in the first config CJ walks kinda slow sometimes and it gets fixed with a bigger cross, but then when pressing dpad-up, sometimes the joystick in screen appears upper and the dpad-up key point as the center of joystick.

Sounds confusing I know.... but that's why I give you the two files so you can choose which one goes better, or maybe you can share your own .gkp file ;)
    I enabled 256mg swap on my sd card then played gta san andreas with my 4.1.b.13
    Everything worked fine
    Only sometimes i have bad lags but i dont have closed game anymore
    As i said before i cant test xpo optimization due to not working touchpads and gamepad in my rom
    It's INCOMPATIBLE with Xperia Play.
    LOL at all those enthusiastic people who thought this would run on XP.