Extreme rattle in power button.

Search This thread

Lucky_Slevin

Jan 11, 2014
I just got it in the mail today. Opened the box and I hear this rattle. Its not the volume rocker only the power button.

Rattles even with slight movement. I contacted Google and they said its the Sim card tray.

So I removed it and it still rattles.

I contacted them again and they said its not a defect and they won't help me. They suggested i go to LG and pay for support.

Is this not covered under manufacturing defects ?

I am extremely unhappy with this. I have had my friends nexus 5s with no problems at all and im unimpressed with googles unwillingness to help me.

What do I do ? I feel like they are saying either live with it or return it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I just got it in the mail today. Opened the box and I hear this rattle. Its not the volume rocker only the power button.

Rattles even with slight movement. I contacted Google and they said its the Sim card tray.

So I removed it and it still rattles.

I contacted them again and they said its not a defect and they won't help me. They suggested i go to LG and pay for support.

Is this not covered under manufacturing defects ?

I am extremely unhappy with this. I have had my friends nexus 5s with no problems at all and im unimpressed with googles unwillingness to help me.

What do I do ? I feel like they are saying either live with it or return it.

Its not a manufacturing defect. my friend had a nexus 5 that rattled also he sent it for warranty at LG and they fixed it for him free

Lucky_Slevin

Jan 11, 2014
So I have to send my phone out for repair instead of getting a replacement since I barely have had it ?