[Q] S3 Stuck on samsung logo after attempted update to 4.3

Search This thread

herculese911

Feb 19, 2014
I have an unrooted Samsung S3, i just received yesterday the notification of the jelly bean 4.3 update (originally ran on 4.1.2) so i went for it OTA via wifi, long story short, after download was finished and the phone automatically rebooted itself, it got stuck on samsung logo, i have waited for hours beside it (since i have modest experience about this) and finally nothing happened, so i started researching the issue, i have tried wipe data/factory resetting (didn't work) along with wipe cache partition, and no use, i have tried kies emergency firmware upgrade and initialization, but it can't see the phone in Download mode, i tried flashing the phone with Odin307 but it also cannot see my phone in Download mode, and i have heard that if the phones usb debugging was active, the phone would be seen, but i never used it, my phone was stock all the way, please help me get my phone working again.

Reactions: j2rex

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Make sure kies is completely shut down and retry. You could also try reinstalling driver's and Odin and different USB lead or different PC/laptop

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
please check in device manager if you can see your device , try reinstalling the device drivers, try different cable or it could be charging port .. Good luck ..

herculese911

Feb 19, 2014
Make sure kies is completely shut down and retry. You could also try reinstalling driver's and Odin and different USB lead or different PC/laptop
actually i have done all of that, i ran odin while kies was completely shut down (killed all kies from task manager) and downloaded latest drivers from samsung and installed them, tried 3 different wires on 2 different PCS, still my phone cannot be seen inside odin or kies

that is why i'm frustrated :(

is it possible to use the option "apply update from external storage" from system recovery menu? since my phone cannot be seen by any software, and if possible to use that option, what are the files that i should add to my MicroSD Card? and from where should i download them?

Last edited:

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
actually i have done all of that, i ran odin while kies was completely shut down (killed all kies from task manager) and downloaded latest drivers from samsung and installed them, tried 3 different wires on 2 different PCS, still my phone cannot be seen inside odin or kies

that is why i'm frustrated :(

is it possible to use the option "apply update from external storage" from system recovery menu? since my phone cannot be seen by any software, and if possible to use that option, what are the files that i should add to my MicroSD Card? and from where should i download them?

i guess problem is in charging port than , try fixing charging port , have you checked if you can see your device in device manager ???

herculese911

Feb 19, 2014
i guess problem is in charging port than , try fixing charging port , have you checked if you can see your device in device manager ???

before the update, the charging port worked just fine, the phone was recognized in windows in device manager, and inside KIES, now both of them can't see it, so how could it be faulty?

and for the record guys, i'm not lazy, i never post a thread until i have exhausted all other researching methods

Reactions: j2rex

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
In that case try a different pc, lead, version of odin. Either your problem is with the pc (most common) or your bootloader is corrupt, which is very unusual and difficult to fix.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

herculese911

Feb 19, 2014
In that case try a different pc, lead, version of odin. Either your problem is with the pc (most common) or your bootloader is corrupt, which is very unusual and difficult to fix.

Thank you so much for your suggestions, but actually none of the above, i have done the fix that i was asking about (recovering from external card), its a twisted fix but it worked for eventually, i have added the Android 4.3 file (1.43 GB) to my Micro SD Card, and started recovery mode, and went for that option, the device started reading it, and then restarted itself but still stuck on samsung logo, but what i have noticed is that this time when i hooked up my phone to pc, the sweet sound of discovering my phone played, so i know that now i could use odin or even kies, so i went for odin, it recognized the phone, flashed it with the version i downloaded, and it worked. what a relieve :D

thanks to all of you guys for your help, i hope that this thread would help someone else who hit a dead end.

Best Regards,

herculese911

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your suggestions, but actually none of the above, i have done the fix that i was asking about (recovering from external card), its a twisted fix but it worked for eventually, i have added the Android 4.3 file (1.43 GB) to my Micro SD Card, and started recovery mode, and went for that option, the device started reading it, and then restarted itself but still stuck on samsung logo, but what i have noticed is that this time when i hooked up my phone to pc, the sweet sound of discovering my phone played, so i know that now i could use odin or even kies, so i went for odin, it recognized the phone, flashed it with the version i downloaded, and it worked. what a relieve :D

thanks to all of you guys for your help, i hope that this thread would help someone else who hit a dead end.

Best Regards,

herculese911

Thanks for sharing your experience

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best Regards,

herculese911
    I have an unrooted Samsung S3, i just received yesterday the notification of the jelly bean 4.3 update (originally ran on 4.1.2) so i went for it OTA via wifi, long story short, after download was finished and the phone automatically rebooted itself, it got stuck on samsung logo, i have waited for hours beside it (since i have modest experience about this) and finally nothing happened, so i started researching the issue, i have tried wipe data/factory resetting (didn't work) along with wipe cache partition, and no use, i have tried kies emergency firmware upgrade and initialization, but it can't see the phone in Download mode, i tried flashing the phone with Odin307 but it also cannot see my phone in Download mode, and i have heard that if the phones usb debugging was active, the phone would be seen, but i never used it, my phone was stock all the way, please help me get my phone working again.

before the update, the charging port worked just fine, the phone was recognized in windows in device manager, and inside KIES, now both of them can't see it, so how could it be faulty?

and for the record guys, i'm not lazy, i never post a thread until i have exhausted all other researching methods