Completely Stock Note 3 - lot of reboots after Kitkat

Search This thread

orangedude654

Jul 28, 2010
My note 3 reboots several times a week since the upgrade to kit-kat.

I tried searching around to see if anyone else had posted about this.. but I didn't really find anything.

I'm sure you all have had it at least once (not just kit-kat) - but its your classic, you hear the vibrate the screen turns off and then its booting itself up.

This is a stock Note 3.

I'm assuming if I don't hear any feed back on here I will just get it swapped - kind of annoying.

Could be a number of things. If it's not rooted, I would first suspect the sd card. Try pulling it if you have one and see if it stops. If it doesn't reboot with the sdcard out, try formatting the sdcard with the phone, or better yet, try a different card.

Another thing to try would be a full factory wipe and reflash with either kies emergency recovery or odin afterwards.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

orangedude654

Jul 28, 2010
Could be a number of things. If it's not rooted, I would first suspect the sd card. Try pulling it if you have one and see if it stops. If it doesn't reboot with the sdcard out, try formatting the sdcard with the phone, or better yet, try a different card.

Another thing to try would be a full factory wipe and reflash with either kies emergency recovery or odin afterwards.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

No SD card.

I think if the recommendation is a factory wipe I might as well get brand new hardware out of it.

Any suggestions that don't include having my phone wiped? Perhaps clearing cache? I haven't done it with this phone yet.. guess I will look that up.

Thanks for the response