[Q] USB not recognized, device will only charge

Search This thread

abuzar1

Jun 23, 2007
My computer wont see my HTC One X. I just purchased this phone used today. Seems to be on Stock ATT 4.12 rom.

I have tried two different computers. One running XP one with Windows 7. They see my HTC One (M7) just fine but they dont see this HTC One X. Do you think there is something possibly wrong with the phone? The phone seems to be charging through the USB. If it was a driver issue I dont see why the HTC One M7 would connect. I have tried installing HTC Sync also the all in one toolkit drivers. Also I don't think its drivers because I've used the same toolkit on several other HTC One-Xs on the same computer with the same drivers and its worked.

In fastboot it shows fastboot ac instead of fastboot usb. I have also tried various USB ports and three different cables. At this point I am thinking my phones usb port is toast.

If the USB port IS gone is there anyway I can install the android 4.2 ATT update with sense 5? This still has the old android version on it. Could I possibly transfer files over bluetooth do it that way?

image_6.jpg

Last edited:

abuzar1

Jun 23, 2007
In order to update the phone you must have a solid usb connection. When booted into Android are you able to see the device as a removable disk drive?

Sent from my Evita

Nope when I am booted into android it's basically as if I have connected the phone into a charger. Nothing comes up on the phone. Nothing comes up on the computer. Tried in Windows XP, Windows 7, And OSX.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
I think he needs fast boot drive rs installed

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

marknoll

May 13, 2014
If your pc doesn't install the drivers when u plug it in, you can always install min adb and fastboot drivers. That's what I did

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

abuzar1

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah that is the conclusion I came to. Faulty USB port. Tried cleaning with wire brush, no luck. Oh well, at least it charges!

I was reading about making a img.zip file of the RUU. Could I still flash that if I get it over to the phone via bluetooth?