[Feature Request] WhisperPush Encrypted Texts

Search This thread

JedTech

May 5, 2014
I'd like to see Whisperpush integrated into Paranoid Android. Whisperpush allows you to send encrypted texts to other Whishperpush and TextSecure users while using any SMS application of your choice.

system-wide secure messaging integration with compatibility with TextSecure. For those unfamiliar, TextSecure is an open-source cross-platform (iOS and Android) client that encrypts your SMS messages both locally, and over the air when sending to other TextSecure users. The application is maintained by Open WhisperSystems, and lead engineer Moxie Marlinspike.
--pasted from a Blog entry at cyanogenmod.org

Reactions: jacc1234

RobotJune

Dec 5, 2012
I second this. Im about to switch to CM just for the full integration of textsecure.

You can install the apk from the CM distribution and use it wherever you like. Keep in mind that it requires GApps to work. If you already use GApps then it's no problem, but if you don't... the idea of increasing your privacy and security by giving Google root access to your phone may strike you as a little odd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to see Whisperpush integrated into Paranoid Android. Whisperpush allows you to send encrypted texts to other Whishperpush and TextSecure users while using any SMS application of your choice.

system-wide secure messaging integration with compatibility with TextSecure. For those unfamiliar, TextSecure is an open-source cross-platform (iOS and Android) client that encrypts your SMS messages both locally, and over the air when sending to other TextSecure users. The application is maintained by Open WhisperSystems, and lead engineer Moxie Marlinspike.
    --pasted from a Blog entry at cyanogenmod.org