Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 S (OT-6050Y) Owners

Search This thread

pckoloji

Oct 10, 2010
warsaw
www.pckoloji.com
This is a nice mid-range phone and I got from Orange Poland with agreement. All works fine and fluid. Even during benchmarks it is barely warm. 7.5 mm thickness (Galaxy S4 dimensions) and very slim LCD bezel. Double click screen to wake device. White status LED etc.

03_p00.jpg

Detailed specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_idol_2_s-6134.php

In short:

• 5 inç 720p IPS screen
  • Snapdragon 400 4 x 1.2 GHz / Adreno 305 GPU
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 8 GB Internal (5.5 GB available) + microSD (64 GB Lexar 600x UHS-1 microSD tested, working after FAT format by 6050Y)
  • LTE 150 Mbps, 802.11n Wi-Fi Dual, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, A-GPS/GLONASS
  • 8 MP Camera with Flash and Full HD Video
  • Android 4.3 Installed (4.4 Update Possible)
  • 2150 mAh non-removable battery

Official support website http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/download/idol_2_s.html where you can download manual, quick user guide and two important apps.

Smart Suite for managing your mobile. (microUSB connection or Wi-Fi)

attachment.php

Mobile Upgrade Q for checking offical upgrades.

attachment.php

Some downsides:

• MHL not supported, only Miracast
  • OTG not supported
  • FM Radio works only mono
  • Non removable cover

SIM Unlock

Mine came SIM locked. So I searched some and found a YouTube video that unlock is easy with FuriousGold device. Same person has an online code generator. I have no connection to them but I tested and it worked. Also really cheap only $4.9

http://www.oneunlock.com/en/tools/solution/alcatel-sfr-vodafone-motorola-unlock-codes

It all finished within seconds. I filled form. Operator code is written on product box, on top of IMEI code. After getting email I saw 4 codes and entering only first one was enough.

If you don't have a problem with SIM lock you don't need to do it naturally. But I detected it whenever installed a different operator's SIM card. There are only 5 trials and use them wisely.

Also if you want to play by the book, Orange Poland website asks you to go their office or call helpline for unlock and payment will be 77 PLN which makes nearly $25.

WARNING: When you unlock your device they have a right to say product warrany is invalid.

ROOTING

Again you don't need to root but I used to have programs like Titanium Backup, Xposed Framework, Viper4Android etc so I wanted to find a solution.

ATM the only method I know that works is Towel Root Only install it and click button. Matter of second and done. After that you might want to install SuperSU or Superuser app.

After rooting, there is a possibility that Alcatel official device updates won't be compatible. In that case unroot might be necessary. I haven't tried but SuperSU app has an Full Unroot option. Please let us know if you tried.

CUSTOM RECOVERY

ATM I could not find CWM or TWRP suitable for this device. Perhaps it is not necessary since there is no custom ROM / CM package. But I am sure custom recovery can be compiled.

UPDATE: Thanks to Decker.Kaluga, we have a compatible CWM recovery now. (I have not tried yet.)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57639354&postcount=10

Attachments

• screenshot.1410026888.png
    screenshot.1410026888.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 61,047
  • screenshot.1410026969.png
    screenshot.1410026969.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 61,060
Last edited:

ouigo

Sep 6, 2014
This is a nice mid-range phone and I got from Orange Poland with agreement. All works fine and fluid. Even during benchmarks it is barely warm. 7.5 mm thickness (Galaxy S4 dimensions) and very slim LCD bezel. Double click screen to wake device. White status LED etc.

03_p00.jpg

In short:

• 5 inç 720p IPS screen
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 8 GB Internal (5.5 GB available) + microSD

Some downsides:

• OTG not supported
  • Non removable cover

SIM Unlock

Mine came SIM locked. So I searched some and found a YouTube video that unlock is easy with FuriousGold device. Same person has an online code generator. I have no connection to them but I tested and it worked. Also really cheap only $4.9

http://www.oneunlock.com/en/tools/solution/alcatel-sfr-vodafone-motorola-unlock-codes

It all finished within seconds. I filled form. Operator code is written on product box, on top of IMEI code. After getting email I saw 4 codes and entering only first one was enough.

If you don't have a problem with SIM lock you don't need to do it naturally. But I detected it whenever installed a different operator's SIM card. There are only 5 trials and use them wisely.

Also if you want to play by the book, Orange Poland website asks you to go their office or call helpline for unlock and payment will be 77 PLN which makes nearly $25.

WARNING: When you unlock your device they have a right to say product warrany is invalid.

ROOTING

Again you don't need to root but I used to have programs like Titanium Backup, Xposed Framework, Viper4Android etc so I wanted to find a solution.

ATM the only method I know that works is Towel Root Only install it and click button. Matter of second and done. After that you might want to install SuperSU or Superuser app.

After rooting, there is a possibility that Alcatel official device updates won't be compatible. In that case unroot might be necessary. I haven't tried but SuperSU app has an Full Unroot option. Please let us know if you tried.

CUSTOM RECOVERY

ATM I could not find CWM or TWRP suitable for this device. Perhaps it is not necessary since there is no custom ROM / CM package. But I am sure custom recovery can be compiled.

Hi,
Very good summary! I have this phone for a few days and I have cited the same defects. As against the 4.4 update is already available? Or is it a prediction?

pckoloji

Oct 10, 2010
warsaw
www.pckoloji.com
No there is no update at this moment. Mine shows Android 4.3 JLS36C. GSMArena shows upgradable to v4.4 (KitKat) but nothing yet.

I updated OP. Please download and check with Mobile Upgrade Q time to time. Different regions might get earlier.

ouigo

Sep 6, 2014
I have same version of android ;)

I noticed a mismanagement of the cpu frequency, making the battery down quickly. The phone rarely drops to 300mhz / 600 mhz. Even if I use an app like "No-frills cpu control" the cpu performs well then I locked state / unlocks and the cpu gets his bad behavior. (I use CPU spy to see an average of frequencies used)
I may be attempting a restore to see if it is not the root that caused the problem.

I am trying to download an "update" via mobile upgrade Q. I do not know if this is really an update or if he downloads the same version. In any case it is very very slow.

Last edited:

pckoloji

Oct 10, 2010
warsaw
www.pckoloji.com
I have same version of android ;)

I noticed a mismanagement of the cpu frequency, making the battery down quickly. The phone rarely drops to 300mhz / 600 mhz. Even if I use an app like "No-frills cpu control" the cpu performs well then I locked state / unlocks and the cpu gets his bad behavior. (I use CPU spy to see an average of frequencies used)
I may be attempting a restore to see if it is not the root that caused the problem.

I am trying to download an "update" via mobile upgrade Q. I do not know if this is really an update or if he downloads the same version. In any case it is very very slow.

CPU Spy giving me a similar report. CPU works full time or sleeps, not visiting other states. I will install Frills and check if anytihng changes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-17-08-07-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-17-08-07-24.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 59,406

ouigo

Sep 6, 2014
I find a solution.

1) Root your phone

2) Install no frills cpu control

3) Set the frequency as :

237923505541c3aa6d4524screenshot_2014_09_19_15_58_28.png

4) Important : click on settings

5) Activate "prevent changes from others apps" (Otherwise the change will affect only a few seconds!)

1394523563541c3b8642b57screenshot_2014_09_19_15_58_47.png

The frequency is now well controlled according to the telephone usage. Finished the maximum frequency for reading mails and gain battery life!

Reactions: pckoloji

pckoloji

Oct 10, 2010
warsaw
www.pckoloji.com
I will try your advice today.

I installed Usemon and observed core by core activity and it seems device use first and second core most of the time and goes for 1.19 ghz directly. In case more power needed other cores are activated. Maybe they cared about number of active cores, not the freq steps at all.

pckoloji

Oct 10, 2010
warsaw
www.pckoloji.com
I find a solution.

1) Root your phone

2) Install no frills cpu control

3) Set the frequency as :

237923505541c3aa6d4524screenshot_2014_09_19_15_58_28.png

4) Important : click on settings

5) Activate "prevent changes from others apps" (Otherwise the change will affect only a few seconds!)

1394523563541c3b8642b57screenshot_2014_09_19_15_58_47.png

The frequency is now well controlled according to the telephone usage. Finished the maximum frequency for reading mails and gain battery life!

Yes it worked. Half time 300, half time 1190 MHz recorded.

iceman2029

Mar 13, 2008
Santiago
OWN S5030 / Idol 2 S 6050 / TCL S830U

Here in Chile this unit came with the "OWN" brand, model S5030, which is actually the same TCL brand, model S830U or Alcatel OneTouch, model 2S Idol. The point is that this model can not even Rooting. I tried with Root Towel and does not work. As I read, it is because my kernel is later than June 3.
I was disappointed that the 2 slots lower speakers are only for design, simulating stereo speakers, when in fact it is monoaurual only on the right speaker.
The interface is terrible, and it's not very customizable. Thanks to Nova Launcher is easier to use.
Finally, I highlight the screen and 4 cores. The 1GB memory is low and unable to do root, I can not install the Adaway, so the ads have me rotten.

pckoloji

Oct 10, 2010
warsaw
www.pckoloji.com
Sorry to hear Root Towel does not work. It means if there will be an official update it might refuse to install or even if installs then no more root solution.

Rooting helped me to install Titanium, Xposed Installer (Gravitybox) and Viper4droid FX. Last one improves the sound output clearly. But yes ext. speakers are loud but Mono.

I use Nova Launcher, too.

Don't forget to try Qualcomm's BatteryGuru app for Snapdragon SoC.

Reactions: iceman2029

iceman2029

Mar 13, 2008
Santiago
It's good to know I'm not the only one with this phone

Sorry to hear Root Towel does not work. It means if there will be an official update it might refuse to install or even if installs then no more root solution.

Rooting helped me to install Titanium, Xposed Installer (Gravitybox) and Viper4droid FX. Last one improves the sound output clearly. But yes ext. speakers are loud but Mono.

I use Nova Launcher, too.

Don't forget to try Qualcomm's BatteryGuru app for Snapdragon SoC.

Thanks for the answer. It's about time to have to get the root, so I must just wait a couple of months and Vroot friends or Towelroot they will succeed.

As data, yesterday I installed it on my computer the "Mobile Upgrade Q" software, version 4.6.5 from Alcatel page and it detected my phone without problems. After 2 and a half hours to get the "upgrade" from their servers (from China I guess), my phone was formatted and received exactly the same version as before: Android 4.3, Build JLS36C. I must admit that I breathed after that, and I could have left with a piece of brick. Relief.

It's good to know I'm not the only one with this phone. I will light a candle for the Root out soon. A hug and thanks again.

ouigo

Sep 6, 2014
Hi everyone,

Please note an update is available from the phone (in France) (I have not tested with the PC software) but this is not an update to kitkat (4.3 still). She made me lose root and I can not put it back with towelroot. I have not seen any big changes, only a few details. I advise you not to do it ... unless you want to help me find a solution to reset the root!
So it is impossible to put the cpu setting with ... autonomy is not as good.

Reactions: pckoloji

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Notice: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum, for This Topic.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.
For more about this new feature see: Improvements to 10 Post Rule

iceman2029

Mar 13, 2008
Santiago
Welcome to the club!

Hi everyone,

Please note an update is available from the phone (in France) (I have not tested with the PC software) but this is not an update to kitkat (4.3 still). She made me lose root and I can not put it back with towelroot. I have not seen any big changes, only a few details. I advise you not to do it ... unless you want to help me find a solution to reset the root!
So it is impossible to put the cpu setting with ... autonomy is not as good.

Vroot and Towelroot only works with the previous kernel version to 3 June. In my case, my phone already came with the updated kernel, so now you're like me, stuck for a while.

Having root again is only a matter of time so we just have to wait.

According to GSMArena, this phone will receive Kitkat, so hopefully our Chinese friends TCL (Alcatel) do not forget this model and check out the new version.

iceman2029

Mar 13, 2008
Santiago
How Root Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 S (6050)

Finally I could Rooting my phone Alcatel OneTouch Idol 2 S (6050), also known as ÖWN S5030 and TCL S830U.

The steps are:

1. Go to: http://www.decker.su/2014/11/cwm-recovery-alcatel-ot-6036y-ot-6050y.html
2. Download package 'cwm_alcatel_6050y.7z'
3. Extract all files
4. Install ABD drivers from file 'AdbDriverInstaller.exe'
5. Put your device in FastBoot mode (turn it off, than, hold Volume Down + Power button. After Alcatel One Touch Idol 2S logo appears, release buttons)
6. If you did everything correctly - Alcatel logo will stay on screen. Plug in phone via USB.
7. Run file 'check_device.cmd'. If Ok, you can see "9e0eb10 fastboot" caption at bottom of command
window (digits can be other). If you see this caption - follow next step, if don't - check adb drivers.
8. Run file 'flash_recovery.cmd' to flash cwm. All done. To boot into CWM turn off power, and hold Volume Up and press Power.
9. Now the SuperSU. Go to : http://xdaforums.com/android/help/qa-alcatel-one-touch-idol-2-s-ot-6050y-t2902408/page2
10. Download file 'BETA-SuperSU-v2.42.zip' and copy to the phone
11. Flash ZIP with CWM

Source 1: http://www.decker.su/2014/11/cwm-recovery-alcatel-ot-6036y-ot-6050y.html)
Source 2: http://xdaforums.com/android/help/qa-alcatel-one-touch-idol-2-s-ot-6050y-t2902408/page2

Last edited:

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
anyone have a captured OTA / know how to update to kk after rooting? getting failed, and don't have a stock firmware to restore to

drattak

Dec 13, 2013
Im interested in buying this phone so can anyone tell me if the processor is mediatek or quallcom.

Qualcomm

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

anyone have a captured OTA / know how to update to kk after rooting? getting failed, and don't have a stock firmware to restore to

What did you try to update with, since there's no official update ?
And I have a backup of the 4.3 rom, you can restore the system partition with it

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
Qualcomm

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

And I have a backup of the 4.3 rom, you can restore the system partition with it

Managed to update with alcatels PC tool. (Took 8 freaking hours to download)
On update - I'm using the 6050a which currently has kk. I managed to capture the ota from the tool and I'm gonna try releasing a zip for 6050y (AFAIK the hardware is the same, so should work fine if build.prop is edited accordingly. )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.4.2

Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat for Alcatel 6050Y, ENG

Hello. That long-awaited firmware for our phone, but unfortunately the Russian language in it.
    For the rest, it's a great firmware work in networks has shown excellent results, charge an adequate rate, a synthetic test scored 18000 points.
    Note: Your phone must be unlocked!
    Instructions:
    1. Setup TWRP
    2. Loading the firmware on your PC
    This firmware has GOOGLE APPS
    https://yadi.sk/d/hsHHfV9lgmJaL
    This firmware is not GOOGLE APPS
    https://yadi.sk/d/0HDwpnk_gnJPz
    3. Extract
    4. Write to the flash card option type F: \ TWRP \ BACKUPS \ 53deb6fa \ 1970-01-01--13-24-36
    5. Turn off the phone
    6. Turn on the phone and in recovery: "Volume UP" and "Power On"
    7. Select> Restore> 1970-01-01--13-24-36> how to unlock the bottom> Swype to Resrote (blue circle with an arrow to pull to the right)
    8. Reboot and enjoy the new firmware!
    Thank you to everyone who helped --- GR4YN --- WestFring --- helpok --- deadlink ---
    P.S.Firmware received from Canada, substitute 6050I 6050A on, that's all! With a network everything is fine you can see everything, do not forget to make a backup of your firmware.
    None of what you delet any answer except yourself.
    How Root Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 S (6050)

Finally I could Rooting my phone Alcatel OneTouch Idol 2 S (6050), also known as ÖWN S5030 and TCL S830U.

The steps are:

1. Go to: http://www.decker.su/2014/11/cwm-recovery-alcatel-ot-6036y-ot-6050y.html
    2. Download package 'cwm_alcatel_6050y.7z'
    3. Extract all files
    4. Install ABD drivers from file 'AdbDriverInstaller.exe'
    5. Put your device in FastBoot mode (turn it off, than, hold Volume Down + Power button. After Alcatel One Touch Idol 2S logo appears, release buttons)
    6. If you did everything correctly - Alcatel logo will stay on screen. Plug in phone via USB.
    7. Run file 'check_device.cmd'. If Ok, you can see "9e0eb10 fastboot" caption at bottom of command
    window (digits can be other). If you see this caption - follow next step, if don't - check adb drivers.
    8. Run file 'flash_recovery.cmd' to flash cwm. All done. To boot into CWM turn off power, and hold Volume Up and press Power.
    9. Now the SuperSU. Go to : http://xdaforums.com/android/help/qa-alcatel-one-touch-idol-2-s-ot-6050y-t2902408/page2
    10. Download file 'BETA-SuperSU-v2.42.zip' and copy to the phone
    11. Flash ZIP with CWM

Source 1: http://www.decker.su/2014/11/cwm-recovery-alcatel-ot-6036y-ot-6050y.html)
    Source 2: http://xdaforums.com/android/help/qa-alcatel-one-touch-idol-2-s-ot-6050y-t2902408/page2
    Qualcomm

Managed to update with alcatels PC tool. (Took 8 freaking hours to download)
    On update - I'm using the 6050a which currently has kk. I managed to capture the ota from the tool and I'm gonna try releasing a zip for 6050y (AFAIK the hardware is the same, so should work fine if build.prop is edited accordingly. )

03_p00.jpg

In short:

• 5 inç 720p IPS screen
    • 1 GB RAM
    • 8 GB Internal (5.5 GB available) + microSD (64 GB Lexar 600x UHS-1 microSD tested, working after FAT format by 6050Y)

Official support website http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/download/idol_2_s.html where you can download manual, quick user guide and two important apps.

Smart Suite for managing your mobile. (microUSB connection or Wi-Fi)

attachment.php

Mobile Upgrade Q for checking offical upgrades.

attachment.php

Some downsides:

• OTG not supported
    • Non removable cover

SIM Unlock

ROOTING

CUSTOM RECOVERY

UPDATE: Thanks to Decker.Kaluga, we have a compatible CWM recovery now. (I have not tried yet.)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57639354&postcount=10
    TWRP

Hi!
    I'm from the community 4pda.
    We ported TWRP.
    Instructions:
    1. Install ABD drivers from AdbDriverInstaller.exe
    2. Put your device in FastBoot mode (turn it off, than, hold Volume Down + Power button.
    After Alcatel One Touch Idol 2S logo appears, release buttons)
    3. If you did everything correctly - Alcatel logo will stay on screen.
    4. Plug in phone via USB.
    5. Run check_device.cmd. If Ok, you can see "9e0eb10 fastboot" caption at bottom of command
    window (digits can be other). If you see this caption - follow next step, if don't - check
    adb drivers from #1 installed.
    6. Run flash_recovery.cmd to flash TWRP. All done. To boot into TWRP turn off power, and hold
    Volume Up and press Power.
    file download from this reporthttp://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60884415&postcount=49