[REQ] Galaxy S Boot Animation DL30

Search This thread

Terror_1

Aug 16, 2010
Anyone have a "Galaxy S" boot animation?

Will the DL09 boot animation work or does a special one need to be CWM to the device.

Also, if someone could post a link that would be great.

shaunnyk

Oct 11, 2010
I don't belive using a previous boot animation will work. We most likely will need to wait until the kernal source is released to use custom boot animations.

Terror_1

Aug 16, 2010
Seems like it might be possible to use the old one but at the moment SonOfSkywalker3's ROM manager page is down and I don't think I have it anywhere else.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
No, this kernel does not support bootanimation.zip, we're stuck using the QMG boot animations. However, this does not mean you have to be stuck with the Fascinate's boot animation.

I've packaged up the Korean and the European Galaxy S stock boot animations, they're both nice alternatives to our "Verizoned" one. Just flash em in clockwork to give em a try.

KR Galaxy S Boot/Shutdown:
http://www.mediafire.com/?284o7auu1of2nnl

EU Galaxy S Boot/Shutdown:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5824mdkqcqcn057

Last edited:

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
Beyond messed up update_script, there's a bit more wrong, so don't copy all those files into your phones just yet, I'll reupload them when it's sorted out...

Terror_1

Aug 16, 2010
Well that's good to know. The superclean ROM doesn't have an animation. Makes me think there is something wrong on bootyp with only a black screen.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
jt posted a kernel with bootanimation.zip support in IRC last night. If no one posts it up before I get home, I'll be sure to post it here for you folks then.

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
Re-updated my above post with the correct files/some stock files in case you tried to copy over files from the older update. I've been using these animations on DL30, but I accidentally packaged the wrong files and signed it wrong earlier. These ones work, I personally recommend the Korean one.

vlucchetti

Dec 3, 2009
Latrobe, PA
May have to give it a go, then.

ETA: Installed, I have boot animation on dl30. Thanks, guys!

oops, no sound now.

Last edited:

chronster

Nov 9, 2008
i would never have guessed that a simple boot animation would require a specific kernel lol

Top Liked Posts