Best Game Emulators?

Search This thread

DNak206

Dec 3, 2008
Just wondering what emulators you guys recommend ? Used to use Nesoid for my DX and my wii controller and loved it. Would prefer to use an Xbox controller but not sure if that's possible. Thanks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
Just wondering what emulators you guys recommend ? Used to use Nesoid for my DX and my wii controller and loved it. Would prefer to use an Xbox controller but not sure if that's possible. Thanks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

Hey just saw your post and thought I'd mention the one I've been using because I use them pretty often. I was a big nesoid fan until I recently found NES EMU on the Market. I can't think of the guys name off hand but he also has one for Sega, neo geo, colleco, and some others I'm forgetting. Anyway they are extremely well made and compatible with Bluetooth controllers so I definitely recommend them. I'm not sure about using an Xbox controller, but I know you can use a ps3 controller with the app called Sixaxis Controller by Dancing Pixel Studios. I set up touch profiles for MC3, Shadowgun, and Gta 3, and it's almost like having a portable console! I played through and beat MC3 with my ps3 controller and the controls are almost flawless. I'd also recommend fpse for PlayStation games and n64oid for Nintendo 64 games. :D

DNak206

Dec 3, 2008
Awesome man thanks, can you load and save games?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
Awesome man thanks, can you load and save games?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Hey sorry it took so long but yes you can save and load games. You can even set it to auto-save and you can access it all with a ps3 controller if you're using one. I'm impressed with the overall setup on all of his emulators. Hope it works out for ya man cause they are definitely my new favorites. I've also been messing around with the touch profiles in the Sixaxis Controller app, and if you have a ps3 controller hooked up you have to try Modern Combat 3 with it. I think it's a great game and nothing beats playing it with a ps3 controller because it's just like playing on a console! Let me know if ya need help setting up the touch profiles cause I can send ya the one I made. I've got all of the controls set up just like it's a ps3 first person shooter!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
Can u post the controller profile?

HP Touchpad - CM9a2

Hey just saw your post..Yeah I'll upload it in a minute along with a couple of screenshots of the control setup on MC3. If you have any questions setting it up just let me know. I was going to attempt to post a walk through but I never got around to it. I'll try to post everything shortly :D

Last edited:

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
That's pretty sweet. I may have to pick up a PS3 controller. Is there anything like this for the Wiimote (or Wiimote + Classic Controller)?

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
That's pretty sweet. I may have to pick up a PS3 controller. Is there anything like this for the Wiimote (or Wiimote + Classic Controller)?

You can use a wiimote with most emulators using the wiimote app. I'm not sure how far they've come with the wiimote app though because I haven't used it for games in awhile. I have a windshield mount for my phone in my car so it's basically my car stereo, and I actually prefer using the wiimote as a remote because it's a lot easier to use when your driving. Other than that though I just use my dualshock 3 as my controller for my games because it works great most games and emulators.

Sent from my Hp Touchpad using xda premium

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
Does it have to be an 'official' PS3 controller or any ps3-compatible controller works?

From what I've read it has to be a sixaxis or a dualshock 3 but I'm not 100% sure. I've never tried anything other than my dualshock 3 so I don't know if an aftermarket one will work or not. I hit up craigslist and found an official one for pretty cheap.

chinkster

May 31, 2010
Google Pixel 6
How do I connect my ps3 controller to to the touchpad? When I turn on the Bluetooth on touchpad I don't see the controller popping up?

HP Touchpad - CM9a2

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
How do I connect my ps3 controller to to the touchpad? When I turn on the Bluetooth on touchpad I don't see the controller popping up?

HP Touchpad - CM9a2

You need to get the app called Sixaxis Controller by Dancing Pixel Studios on the Market first. Then you have to follow their instructions to pair the controller to the touchpad. It's pretty easy and you only have to do it once, but you need the Sixaxis Pairing Tool for your pc. Plug the controller into your pc with it's usb cable and then run the pairing tool on your pc. On your Touchpad the Sixaxis Controller app will show you the Bluetooth address of your Touchpad at the bottom. Enter that address into the pairing tool on your pc so the controller knows what bluetooth address to pair with. Then hit start in the Sixaxis Controller app and it will connect to your ps3 controller and the light on the controller should change to number 1. From then on anytime you want to connect it to your Touchpad press the ps button on your controller then just open Sixaxis and hit start and it'll connect. If you want to use it with your ps3 again you just need to plug it in with the usb cable to the ps3 and it will re-sync to it. Hope this helps

Reactions: chinkster

medetron

Dec 26, 2007
alittle of top but i'm trying to run mc3 and i get stuck on the license screen it just stays on checking license over and over, anyone know how what to do to work around this?

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
You have to make sure you're connected to wifi whenever you start the game. If you are and it still does that I'd say remove the downloaded data then reinstall it and see if it works

medetron

Dec 26, 2007
You have to make sure you're connected to wifi whenever you start the game. If you are and it still does that I'd say remove the downloaded data then reinstall it and see if it works

Thanks i've done that a few times already, hopefully when cn is officially released that would take care of some of the issules.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just made this a different topic so I removed it to free up space on yours :D

HP Touchpad - CM9a2

You need to get the app called Sixaxis Controller by Dancing Pixel Studios on the Market first. Then you have to follow their instructions to pair the controller to the touchpad. It's pretty easy and you only have to do it once, but you need the Sixaxis Pairing Tool for your pc. Plug the controller into your pc with it's usb cable and then run the pairing tool on your pc. On your Touchpad the Sixaxis Controller app will show you the Bluetooth address of your Touchpad at the bottom. Enter that address into the pairing tool on your pc so the controller knows what bluetooth address to pair with. Then hit start in the Sixaxis Controller app and it will connect to your ps3 controller and the light on the controller should change to number 1. From then on anytime you want to connect it to your Touchpad press the ps button on your controller then just open Sixaxis and hit start and it'll connect. If you want to use it with your ps3 again you just need to plug it in with the usb cable to the ps3 and it will re-sync to it. Hope this helps