Can i sell a Droid 3 or should i throw it away?

Search This thread

googleluca3.2

Mar 3, 2012
Salzburg
I only want to know if i should sell it or throw it away.. if it's worth it... don't want to sell it here. Sorry if that thread seems to.

I bought a droid 3 on ebay, unfortunately i was not able to remove the subsidy lock :D

When i bought it, it was brand new. I only tried 2 codes, they didn't work. Bad luck for me.

I've never made any modifications to the software or hardware.

The specs:

Model: Xt862
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
ESN: good (i looked it up on verizon wireless' official website)
Condition: very good, not a single scrach or any damages.
Batteries: 3 (manufactured by motorola, they work without problems)
No instructions or anything else..

I live in europe (Austria) so i cannot retrieve any codes from verizon, only a customer of them can do that. So the value would be reduced to the minimum or nothing right? I got a new phone from samsung for free from my carrier "Telekom Austria" so no need for this cell phone any more. I don't even know if it is stolen or not, some unlock-code sites said "reported as stolen". Verizon website says it is eligable for activation the seller called verizon, the same answer. I don't want to do any researches to find out if it is stolen or not.. i don't think it is.

So is it worth to sell it or not?

Many thanks in andvance!

PS: sorry for my poor english :D

Last edited:

googleluca3.2

Mar 3, 2012
Salzburg
Someone on verizon that won't be traveling it would be fine for since the esn is clean but I don't no about any gsm carrier now since you can't unlock it if your gonna throw it away let me know I would take it to have around the house lol

Sent from my XT883 using XDA

so maybe i can sell it on ebay .. how much can i get for this cell phone, approximatelly?

Yes, i'll do that but this phone is senseless in every aspect!!! Even a stone is more efficient as a paper weight! and of course much nicer :DDDD

The worst thing is, there are no alternatives for a qwertz or qwerty keyboard here.. no single phone at any carrier.. what a ...**********. they are too old to get support.. all of them..

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
so maybe i can sell it on ebay .. how much can i get for this cell phone, approximatelly?

Yes, i'll do that but this phone is senseless in every aspect!!! Even a stone is more efficient as a paper weight! and of course much nicer :DDDD

The worst thing is, there are no alternatives for a qwertz or qwerty keyboard here.. no single phone at any carrier.. what a ...**********. they are too old to get support.. all of them..

You can definitely sell it. To say it's worthless is ridiculous. Android phones still serve as decent personal media players and gaming devices.

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
put a price on it, and let me know :) through a PM, pls.
i will take it of your hands.
i am located pretty close to your country, also.

trisonics1

Mar 14, 2012
I only want to know if i should sell it or throw it away.. if it's worth it... don't want to sell it here. Sorry if that thread seems to.

I bought a droid 3 on ebay, unfortunately i was not able to remove the subsidy lock :D

When i bought it, it was brand new. I only tried 2 codes, they didn't work. Bad luck for me.

I've never made any modifications to the software or hardware.

The specs:

Model: Xt862
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
ESN: good (i looked it up on verizon wireless' official website)
Condition: very good, not a single scrach or any damages.
Batteries: 3 (manufactured by motorola, they work without problems)
No instructions or anything else..

I live in europe (Austria) so i cannot retrieve any codes from verizon, only a customer of them can do that. So the value would be reduced to the minimum or nothing right? I got a new phone from samsung for free from my carrier "Telekom Austria" so no need for this cell phone any more. I don't even know if it is stolen or not, some unlock-code sites said "reported as stolen". Verizon website says it is eligable for activation the seller called verizon, the same answer. I don't want to do any researches to find out if it is stolen or not.. i don't think it is.

So is it worth to sell it or not?

Many thanks in andvance!

PS: sorry for my poor english :D

You can sell it on Ebay. How much you brought it for?

Sent from my XT883 using XDA

vbi1

Feb 15, 2012
Have you tried with TurboSIM, more precisely i-SmartSIM (orange)?

Last edited:

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
In addition to eBay, I would suggest dropping a PM to some of the D3 developers. They may be willing to negotiate a fair price with you, so they can have an extra device to test on, but definitely don't just throw it away...just a thought. :)