New update incoming

Search This thread

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Pretty ticked that this isn't the 4.2 update. I love this phone, but super delayed carrier updates (such as the Thunderbolt just now getting ICS) is so damn annoying.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Your criticism of HTC/Verizon re: Thunderbolt updates is totally valid. But making comparisons between DNA and TB updates? That's just silly.

You can make these kinds of comparisons fairly when the DNA is 2 generations behind everybody else, like the TB was. But that is simply not the case right now. The DNA is pretty darn current, especially for a non-AOSP Android device.

So I'm sorry, but to be 'ticked' about ANY update when the device has only been out a few months is a bit melodramatic. My god, get real.

Sent from my HTC DNA

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
What it all means to us is a test of your patience. Generally speaking what will happen is someone will download the update and make a flashable zip. At that point DEVs will start in adding the files into their ROMs. What it means for us is to not go CRAZY when the update is pushed and start flashing your phones back to stock and all that. It may take an extra day it may take a few hours but someone will get us the update.

Now with all that said... the WiFi thing may mean a new radio without S-Off that may be a bit of an issue. Like I say though don't get all up in a frenzy.

Just my 2 cents..

Last edited:

JBH_Film

Jun 3, 2011
Battery life actually is great on the DNA. Battery capacity on the other hand is a steaming pile of poo.

Yea, no one should actually update through ota to it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

The battery life on the DNA is great as is.

Fastlivin

Mar 23, 2011
Seems like the group following here is almost entirely rooted/rom'd, but wondering if anyone is actually having any success pulling this down?

When I Check Update, the phone simply interminably looks for the update, but never returns "most recent version is already loaded" or "hey, here's your shiny new bloatware!". Is anyone simply getting no response like I am? If so, did you find a fix?

TheKaz

Sep 22, 2010
Seems like the group following here is almost entirely rooted/rom'd, but wondering if anyone is actually having any success pulling this down?

When I Check Update, the phone simply interminably looks for the update, but never returns "most recent version is already loaded" or "hey, here's your shiny new bloatware!". Is anyone simply getting no response like I am? If so, did you find a fix?

Yes, when I check with my wife's non-rom'd phone, it just sits there saying "checking for new update" with a cancel button. I coworked had a borked sim card on his s3 which prevented him from getting an OTA update. Hoping this isn't the issue...

Fastlivin

Mar 23, 2011
I've tried restarting a few times, and once and a while now I'll get a message saying there is no newer version of the software ready. Does this sound symptomatic of anyone's experience, SIM card or otherwise?

crackeyes

Feb 1, 2009
knoxville
the update is not out yet they just letting you know its coming. Should be very soon but you know how it goes. May be slated for one day and then last minute testing finds a bug then it get delays. That is why most companies do not give a hard date of the software coming out

Reactions: Fastlivin

frostywinter

Oct 19, 2010
Will the DNA need to be online with Verizon (not wifi) to get the update?

Or can the update be also received via WiFi - I have a DNA in Australia on a Telstra Sim.. so will I be able to get the update over here...

Tks

broons

Dec 7, 2010
For those of us who have held out unlocking so far, any speculation whether this will break the jcase method?

Dainin

Dec 10, 2010
Can anyone verify if OTA rootkeeper works on the DNA?

On my phone the status shows everything but "Protected su copy available" checked. I run "Protect Root" and it says protected su saved, however, the box next to "Protected su available" never shows checked.

jaysinsalot

Dec 30, 2012
Warren
I am also wondering what the process would be if there is a new radio. Would that require going back to relocked, unrooted?
Currently just changed the kernel after unlocking and rooting. Have yet to flash a rom.

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
I am also wondering what the process would be if there is a new radio. Would that require going back to relocked, unrooted?
Currently just changed the kernel after unlocking and rooting. Have yet to flash a rom.

It's very unlikely that either mine or Jcase's method will work after the update. A new exploit will most likely need to be discovered.

Reactions: jaysinsalot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All I want are the connectivity improvements.

Hopefully the update doesn't break root.

i just want more room for activities
    Pretty ticked that this isn't the 4.2 update. I love this phone, but super delayed carrier updates (such as the Thunderbolt just now getting ICS) is so damn annoying.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Your criticism of HTC/Verizon re: Thunderbolt updates is totally valid. But making comparisons between DNA and TB updates? That's just silly.

You can make these kinds of comparisons fairly when the DNA is 2 generations behind everybody else, like the TB was. But that is simply not the case right now. The DNA is pretty darn current, especially for a non-AOSP Android device.

So I'm sorry, but to be 'ticked' about ANY update when the device has only been out a few months is a bit melodramatic. My god, get real.

Sent from my HTC DNA
    The update auto-downloaded. I deferred installation. Where do I go to find where it stored the file?

Folder inside /cache
    For those of us who have held out unlocking so far, any speculation whether this will break the jcase method?

I've been told not to worry about it unless it has a new hboot...and before you ask: http://bit.ly/12LXLDw
    If we're on a custom kernel and/or rom will we get the update? I remember on Moto phones you have to be on the stock firmware with all its bloatware intact to get an update, though being rooted didn't matter.