[REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable

Search This thread

andrewilley

Mar 17, 2006
Birmingham
Thank you. I was looking at this today, I thinking on change to AT&T, because I don't want to pay $45 to get 2G conection...
One more time, thank you.

AT&T 3G should work with an International S3 using the 850MHz band, there's a thread about it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1696025

If you're only in the USA short-term It'll probably cost you $50 on PAYG though ($25 GoPhone 30-day access plus $25 for data on a smartphone, as AT&T only give you 'free' data if you have a basic phone which can't use data...).

Andre

Last edited:

darklight09

Jan 23, 2012
cant connect to network right now

hi guys.. i am having a big problem right now about my phone....

my samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9300 32gig cant connect to network...

i cant call and txt...

but i ve got signal...

i used omega rom
paranoid rom
and cm 10.1 rom

does will help if i flash some modems...

please help

im only 16 guys
and im from philippines

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
Re: [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashab

hi guys.. i am having a big problem right now about my phone....

my samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9300 32gig cant connect to network...

i cant call and txt...

but i ve got signal...

i used omega rom
paranoid rom
and cm 10.1 rom

does will help if i flash some modems...

please help

im only 16 guys
and im from philippines

What ROM are you on now ? Does your IMEI in About phone matches to what's on back of your phone ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Gumboot

Jun 19, 2012
Regional NSW
Unsure if anyone cares but I have done some testing regarding the modems for the T variant phones.

I have a T variant and found now problems running it with the latest modem that was packaged in the Omega rom each time.

Saying this I do live in a country area and reception between towns is very poor.

What I have found that I seem to get better reception with the T variant modem in the poor reception areas (and better internet connection speeds) than I do with the non-T modems.

I have only done a small sample size testing but do find I am better off with the T variant modem.

Unsure if anyone can agree with me on this or not.

Gumboot

mhoysmerize

Aug 29, 2012
Isabela
Re: [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashab

Hi guys im from philippines using modem DXELK1....i think its draining fast my batt, does anyone suggest modem that batt friendly? Im on v42 of omega...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

M

maxou2600

In a small village .
BUEMA1 + ORANGE F = emergency calls only or no service !
Grrr

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk

g11st

Feb 15, 2013
I'm currently deciding which modem to choose for my UltimaROM (i9300) and since I live in the Netherlands (provider is KPN) I thought I should use CEELL1, but I can't choose that one. (I can choose: XXEMA2, XXELLA, XXELL5, XXELL4, XXELKC, XXELJ2, DDDLJ1, NEDLK2, NEDLI1)
I hate to make a ''which is the the modem for...'' post, but I'm really lost here..

Perka

Sep 15, 2010
I'm currently deciding which modem to choose for my UltimaROM (i9300) and since I live in the Netherlands (provider is KPN) I thought I should use CEELL1, but I can't choose that one. (I can choose: XXEMA2, XXELLA, XXELL5, XXELL4, XXELKC, XXELJ2, DDDLJ1, NEDLK2, NEDLI1)
I hate to make a ''which is the the modem for...'' post, but I'm really lost here..

why cant you flash CEELL1?

EDIT: XXEMA2 not a modem, its a fw. XXELL5 not a modem, its a fw, :) NEDLK2?????
EDIT2: No answer no help ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: g11st

g11st

Feb 15, 2013
why cant you flash CEELL1?

EDIT: XXEMA2 not a modem, its a fw. XXELL5 not a modem, its a fw, :) NEDLK2?????
EDIT2: No answer no help ;)

Sorry, I was in the middle of the installation and had to choose one. I also don't know how and if I should use CEELL1, so I choose XXELLA because some else told me I could ''theoretically choose any''. But thanks for the help. :)

cultavix

Mar 19, 2006
Madrid, Spain
What would be the best modem for T-Mobile UK ? (I guess it would be for Orange as well, as they are now are of the same company "EE")

I've tried many different modems with varying results, non-conclusive though. For now I am using XXELKC, it's kind of random.... but it seems to be a bit better than XXDLI8

Thanks

Reactions: corestyle

Perka

Sep 15, 2010
What would be the best modem for T-Mobile UK ? (I guess it would be for Orange as well, as they are now are of the same company "EE")

I've tried many different modems with varying results, non-conclusive though. For now I am using XXELKC, it's kind of random.... but it seems to be a bit better than XXDLI8

Thanks

Have a look here for what modem is stock for your carrier and country.

http://sampro.pl/firmware/android/samsung-i9300/

benbird7

Aug 24, 2010
East Anglia - UK

Thanks

I have found (out of the many I have tried) that I93000BUELK1 seems to work the best, not only speed but consistency, I am on Virgin Mobile UK (which runs off the Tmobile/Orange now EE network). I go to other modems and find myself going back to this one. It's still not perfect though.

If you do find any that are particularly good please share, as sometimes when I'm tethering it can drop in speed. I sometimes wish we just had one modem that worked the best it good than trying all different ones, combine modems, with ROM bases and kernels there are thousands of combinations available which for a flashaholic like me, makes it quite a time consuming process.

Last edited:

riccardoPolaris

Oct 3, 2011
R: [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashabl

hello all!
have come out recently with new modem?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300

Pard0ned

Oct 14, 2010
Belfast

What are people's opinions then on the new modem? Do you reckon it is an improvement or anything?

I'd also be interested in hearing what people on the 3UK network thinks, since that's what I'm on myself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

chrismast

Dec 7, 2007
Bangkok
www.christianreiners.com
What are people's opinions then on the new modem? Do you reckon it is an improvement or anything?

I'd also be interested in hearing what people on the 3UK network thinks, since that's what I'm on myself.

try it for 1 week and see for yourself ;), not that complicated to flash a modem and it always depends on not only your network but also your coverage in your area etc. etc., would be great to get your feedback and share it with us.

Reactions: UpInTheAir

Isadora

Nov 14, 2009
London

I'm on 3UK and for me the XXELLA modem is better than the XXEMB1 one. However It's best to try out for yourself and see what works for you :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Reactions: senkulpa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable

Warning: All modems (radio / baseband) are for the International I9300 & I9300T variant only!!

Sick and tired of searching for that elusive modem ? Search post #2 for I9300 modems & post #3 for the I9300T variant.

All modems are interchangeable between both these models. The I9300T modem is optimised for the 850 MHz band, but it may not be the best for you. Try, test and find out :)

I do encourage members to post their recommended modems for their various region / location / carrier / device model and testing results (signal strength & stability, speed, call quality, battery life etc).

However, please do not turn this into “which is the best modem for.........” thread. In most cases it is subjective. Your carrier, topography, location, time of day / night, network congestion, and distance from cell tower etc all make huge difference. Try, test them for yourself, and then post ;)

If you have a modem or request for a missing I9300 or I9300T, please feel free to post here and I’ll add it to OP (credit given) or endeavour to source and package it for you as soon as I’m able.

Samsung Firmware Naming Convention & Letter Code

Samsung Letter Code

And you can also find a good explanation here: [REF] Samsung firmware naming convention and explanation. It might not be up to date, but you should get the idea.

Flashing [Guide]

There are plenty around, if you don’t know how, please SEARCH the stickies for more info.......

* Odin > modem.tar in “Phone” section : Intratech
    * CWM Recovery > modem.zip from sdcard

Appreciate all your THANKS and contributions, the thread is now a sticky 26/9/2012 !!

:D Enjoy :D

Sources :

* samsung-updates
    * sammobile
    * checkfus
    * anywhere on the web

Other Excellent Sources & Contributors :

* [REF] Galaxy S3 RIL+Modem CWM Flashable Collection (RIL will not improve speed/signal strength, but possibly switching between UMTS-HSPA etc - save battery)
    * Perka file stash
    * xda members !

International Galaxy S3 I9300 ICS Modems

International Galaxy S3 I9300 JB Modems

DOWNLOAD JB

Click or tap Wuala shared folder "HERE"

XXELL4 (thanks to duttyend)
    XXELKC (thanks to perka)
    XXELLA (thanks to duttyend)

Vodafone

BUELK1 (thanks to riccardoPolaris)

Israel

JKELK4 (thanks to sudo.sh)

Spain

BVELK1(thanks to perka)

O2 UK

BWELK1 (thanks to perka)

Netherlands

CEELL1 (thanks to perka)

H3G UK, Sweden

NELK2 (thanks to perka)

SE Asia

DXELK1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

Dominican Republic

UBELL1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

DDELK1 (thanks to Perka)
    BOLK3 (thanks to Perka)
    XXELKB (thanks to Perka)
    BUEMA1 (thanks to Perka)
    XXEMB1 (thanks to Perka)
    XXMA1 (thanks to kamalmawa)
    XXEMB5 (thanks to kamalmawa)
    POEMB1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

XXDLH6 (thanks to samsung-updates & AdamLange)
    XXDLH7 (thanks to Kjetal & riccardoPolaris)
    XXDLH8 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLH9 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI1 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI2 (thanks to indy)
    XXDLI3 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI4 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI5 (thanks to NeoBlade)
    XXDLI6 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI7 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI8 (thanks to kamalmawa)

XXDLIB (thanks to tumult, victorator)
    XXDLID (thanks to ikOrE)

DXDLI5 (thanks to Perka)

Three - 3

NEDLI1 (thanks to victorator)

PHN (Netherlands)

CEDLI1 (thanks to jjwa)

India

DDDLJ1 (thanks to victorator)

Other Carrier

BOLJ1 (thanks to 1SWork)
    BUDLI2 (thanks to roswell782)
    UBDLJ1 (thanks to jotademanuel)
    UBDLI2 (thanks to perka)

===========================================================

International Galaxy S3 I9300 ICS 4.0.4 Modems

DOWNLOAD ICS

If you are running XXB..... ROM, you may need to use modems 25/6/2012 (XXLFB) and newer or you may experience audio issues

Spain

BGLF1 04/6/2012

H3G

BOLE5
    BOLF1 25/6/2012
    BOLH2 21/8/2012

BULE6
    BULF1

Europe - Switzerland - Swisscom. Ireland - vdi, Portugal - Vodafone

BULG2 28/7/2012

Orange - France, UK - T Mobile, Switzerland

BVLE4
    BVLF2 07/6/2012
    BVLG1 26/7/2012
    BVLH1 13/8/2012

UK - O2

BWLE5
    BWLE7 25/6/2012

Netherlands

CELH1 31/7/2012

Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh

DDLE8
    DDLE9
    DDLEA
    DDLF3 25/6/2012
    DDLH1 31/7/2012

Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

DXLE8
    DXLE9
    DXLEA
    DXLF3 25/6/2012
    DXLG2 27/7/2012 (thanks to Perka, ASerg & riccardoPolaris)
    DXLH1 31/7/2012 (thanks to radongsg)

Israel

JKLE8 24/5/2012
    JKLF4 06/7/2012
    JKLH3 (thanks to AntonLiv92)

Nordic – Sweden, Denmark

NELE4
    NELF1 11/6/2012
    NELH1 21/8/2012 (thanks to angelsanges)

Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Chile

UBLE6 13/5/2012
    UBLF2
    UBLG2 04/7/2012
    UBLG5 26/7/2012

UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, ....................

XXLE8
    XXLEF
    XXLF2
    XXLF5
    XXLFB 25/6/2012
    XXLG3 10/7/2012 (thanks to jnr21)
    XXLG6 19/7/2012 (thanks to bvx89)
    XXLG8 26/7/2012 (thanks to jesus_c)
    XXLH1 (thanks to pkoper)

China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

ZNLE9
    ZNLF2
    ZNLG1 05/7/2012
    ZNLG4 27/7/2012
    ZNLH3 16/8/2012
    International Galaxy S3 I9300T ICS Modems

There are no regional or carrier specific I9300T modems. They are the SAME, whether extracted from Thai, Oz, or NZ base firmware

Australia - Telstra / Vodafone, Thailand, New Zealand etc

International Galaxy S3 I9300 I9300T JB Modems

DOWNLOAD JB 4.1.2

TDUELL2 26/12/2012 (thanks to kamalmawa)
    TDUEMB1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

DOWNLOAD JB 4.1.1

TDUDLJ2

International Galaxy S3 I9300 I9300T ICS Modems

DOWNLOAD ICS

TDULE6
    TDULF2 05/6/2012
    TDULH1 01/8/2012
    TDUDLJ2 Modem + RIL

New I9300T JB Modem: TDUDLJ2
    Carrier: Vodafone AU
    Release Date: 26-Nov-2012

Odin tar package Google Drive link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6UrNVok0p_SQ0IzMVJ1dk5wWVU
    XXDLI8

CWM flashable XXDLI8 modem from the latest leak

Google Drive link https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6UrNVok0p_SRWVpVEE2ZkI4OUE