[Q] Will tripping the Knox counter actually DISABLE Knox?

Search This thread

gsmumbo

Dec 14, 2008
Allen
I want to use Knox when I get my Note 3 tomorrow but I also want to root it. I know there are ways to root without tripping the counter but I'm wondering, in the case that it does get tripped, does it actually disable/remove Knox? I honestly don't care about the warranty but I do care about the feature being disabled.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
knox won't work when you root and trip. It throws up a message.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gsmumbo

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
However, Know will may still be active on your phone. You just can't access the Knot security container. You may get messages that some program is trying to access system files and it's been blocked. This is also a feature of Knox.
You can disable the Knox app by going to terminal and entering a command, can't think of it off the top of my head but it's in the 1st post of the root del la vega thread.

Reactions: radicalisto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    knox won't work when you root and trip. It throws up a message.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    However, Know will may still be active on your phone. You just can't access the Knot security container. You may get messages that some program is trying to access system files and it's been blocked. This is also a feature of Knox.
    You can disable the Knox app by going to terminal and entering a command, can't think of it off the top of my head but it's in the 1st post of the root del la vega thread.