[Q] Disgo Tablet 6000

Search This thread

rossmurray

Nov 27, 2010
London
LG G6
Google Pixel 3 XL
I'd love any info on this too. Disgo Tablet 6000 has a rather locked down version of Android that doesn't even have Marketplace nor Facebook. I like it but it's currently useless until you add in some apk's.

I'm therefore willing to experiment a bit with loading roms onto it. Done so on my Hero but would need a few pointers on this one as I go.

gurry

Jun 26, 2006
Ive updated my rom to 2.2 using a rom for the sylvania tablet - but have lost root access and considering downgrading - I aslo have a running android market but no paid apps (looking into how to enable this)

Its a good cheap device - any input greatly recieved

I downgraded my rom to 2.1 and got root back!! YAY!! Im trying out getting android market on it tonight and seeing if I can get apps2sd working.

Id love to know how to build roms....but...there is no recovery image just the option to install from sd or via the OTG port.

Rom building I have no clue with and unlike regular android which can utilise the recovery process and a rom in zip form you need special drivers and program to push it to the device (if doing it via the otg port) Similar to the RUU for winmo.

The file extension is IUS - I have the files for the 2.1 update and 2.2 and uide if anyone is interested?
Plus Ill post back if I get market working.

Gurry

Last edited:
H

Happydondavid

I've been trying to update a disgo (hwver=12.2.0.5) to froyo but have no idea which of the ius files are safe to flash , i did flash disgo_12.2.0.5.1.4.ius but it seems to be exactly the same as i had already :(

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
noticed these are down to £70 on play at the moment has anyone had any more luck with theirs?

cfrockit

Jun 6, 2011
disgo (my_disgo) UK on Twitter

noticed these are down to £70 on play at the moment has anyone had any more luck with theirs?

Recently posted at androidtablets.net, disgo (my_disgo) UK on Twitter & "Should I get one?"

No "official" 2.2 Froyo, however some newly purchased tablets are pre-loaded with 2.2 but it seems to have issues. Others, as noted above, have manually updated using the Sylvania files which seems to be the same as Disgo is doing causing issues.

disgo (my_disgo) UK http://twitter.com/#!/my_disgo is posting updates on their Twitter page.

17 Mar - currently working on a 2.2 update & hopefully it will be released in April with our Disgo Tablet 8000 10.1 Android 2.2 Tablet
27 Apr - Still experiencing technical difficulty at the moment. Sorry for the delay, we are working on trying to find a solution!
27 May - Sorry no update yet!
16 Jun - Hi Sorry for the late reply! The new update is expected hopefully at the start of July!
This string of Tweet's is telling, the distributors (Disgo, Sylvania "Digital Gadgets", and others) are having issues with infoTMIC delivering working firmware for these tablets.

Disgo 6000 owners hang in there you may get an update soon.

Since the Disgo 6000 is similar to the 7" Sylvania's tablets, this post, in response to Should I get one? in the Sylvania Tablets forum at adroidtablets.net, maybe applicable.
  • Can be rooted
  • Can enable adb over wireless
  • Cannot enable adb through USB
  • Can enable USB Debugging with work around
  • Can enable Mock Location with work around, however Not Location aware
  • SD card cannot be mounted by PC to enable file transfer
  • No "official" update to 2.2 Froyo however some newly purchased devices have 2.2 pre-loaded
  • Can update manually using InfoTM Update Wrap tools - USB Link to OTG or Boot Disk on micro SD
  • No "Recovery", can do a Factory Reset which may or may not work
  • No ROM Manager support
  • No Clockwork Recovery Image
  • No Custom ROM
  • No CM7 "CyanogenMod" support
  • Extremely small development community compared to other InfoTM powered tablets
  • BUSYBOX is installed but some updates can brick the tablet
  • Support community exists since mid November 2010, several Novice support groups (Facebook page, YAHOO Group)
  • No "official" Android Market, however can be installed but NO paid applications
  • No "official" Google Experience except Gmail, however can be installed
  • No FLASH 10.1 or any other version even with pretty please.
  • Netfix - can't work/works
  • WiFi is flaky on some devices, limiting range, unable to scan, causing woes, problem and slowdown.
  • Battery - wide range of results depending on version, applications, tweaks, WiFi use
  • Memory - sometimes reported as zero requiring Factory Reset, which may or may not work
  • eBook reader requires micro SD
  • Downloads requires micro SD
  • Some SD cards are not recognized, reported as damaged
  • mini HDMI works but must follow instructions to initiate communication
  • Digital Gadgets instructional videos on YouTube, website FAQ
  • my_Disgo support reported as challenging, Twitter feed, expected update "start of July!"
  • Design Quality / Durability
  • No replacement for touch Screen/glass which can be broken by: playing Angry Birds forcefully, sitting on it, repeatedly dropping from fairly low heights onto hard surfaces, or even tripping on the power cord flinging the tablet to the floor/wall.
  • Mini Tablet Accessory Kit from Digital Gadgets exists that includes screen protectors, silicon cases, stylus and case stand.

Last edited:

vnonvmousx

Aug 25, 2011
Choppah, use the three finger salute.

Hold a finger on the screen, keep the menu button pushed in, and hold the power button. Keep all three fingers on until you see text, then remove all fingers and push the menu button once.

You're welcome :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hansonc8

hansonc8

Jun 20, 2012
Bolton
vnonvmousx Choppah, use the three finger salute.

Hold a finger on the screen, keep the menu button pushed in, and hold the power button. Keep all three fingers on until you see text, then remove all fingers and push the menu button once.

You're welcome

Hi all, know this thread has been quiet from quite a long time but.... I have exactly the same problem as choppah When you switch it on it sticks at the
" Disgo tablet 6000RL
Finger touch
Stylus Free"
Boot screen

I have been given the tablet to try and "fix".... I have tried the 3 finger boot to recovery however i then get "Getting recovery Image" "No recovery image found, try recover from SD."

As you may be aware the usb's on the sides are both HOST apparently the one nearest the HDMI port is the OTG port but when i try and connect it to my pc neither device recognises the other. I read somewhere that you needed to press both the power and menu buttons and i did that to no avail.....

I would love to just get the thing working optimally by installing a Stock ROM, from all my searching i believe that there is no stock for this device but have also found it may be possible to install a sylvania rom. As i have never had this tablet boot up and i have not got any box\instructions, plus there is no serial number on the back only model etc i have no idea which sylvania rom would be safe to install and if this could be done by sdcard at all?

Any and all help/advice welcome

hansonc8

Jun 20, 2012
Bolton
Hi All,

I have managed to get a little further with this.... But only a little. Using Techvendetta's newsd.img i have managed to get to a point where the tablet will load images from the sdcard! Thats about it though. I am still stuck at the inital Disgo screen as i dont know enough about how the boot actually works... i am unsure how i can sort this issue. Is this an actual hardware failure? I suspect not as the recovery appears towork using the newsd.img. At least it appears to write the correct data. I cannot as i have stated beofre get otg working.

If anybody reads this... please help if possible....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Choppah, use the three finger salute.

You're welcome :)