Windows 8 doesn't allow me to type!! serious bug after Feb patch Tuesday

Search This thread

HTCalltheway

Mar 22, 2011
both of my computers now have a serious bug... this only happened after I installed the February patch Tuesday updates. after using the pc for a while Windows 8 stops responding to keyboard presses. it just makes a "click" sound and doesn't input any letters. here's what I mean: youtube

Do you also have this problem? I can't believe Microsoft didn't catch this bug.

both of my computers now have a serious bug... this only happened after I installed the February patch Tuesday updates. after using the pc for a while Windows 8 stops responding to keyboard presses. it just makes a "click" sound and doesn't input any letters. here's what I mean: youtube

Do you also have this problem? I can't believe Microsoft didn't catch this bug.

This is not specific to windows 8. It happens to ppl sometimes. Try to reinstall the touch pad drivers for you laptop (not the Microsoft driver but the driver from the manufactures homepage/CD.

HTCalltheway

Mar 22, 2011
update, same thing is also happening on my surface RT... definitely not a driver thing... must be problem with the updates....

Eduardocclc

Jun 24, 2012
I had the same problem, the keyboard and mouse stopped respondind on the lock screen when the system restarted after these last updates , since I couldn't log in and didn't have a repair disk, I had to reinstall the system.

dsdmarin

Aug 2, 2007
Ronkonkoma
Same issue here I have a surface pro with type cover. The cover no longer worked. (no typing or mouse pad). Went back to the Microsoft store where purchased and they replaced the system for me. They didn't even try to fix it..The associates at the store are a great group of people. They really support their products!!!

tshot

Jul 22, 2012
Call your manafacture or Microsoft and see if the update took away compatibility for the keyboard in question. If you diff rent keyboards for both computers, check both.