[ROM] insanity ii cm ics & insanity ii cm jb

Search This thread

hnernes

Nov 8, 2010
Haugesund
Alright understod,but still.is other.people hävning.provs With nitrality app ?
Might try touchdown,thx

I second the problem with installing apps through Nitrality, I haven't tried it for a while, but when I did, it wasn't perfect. I, however, just put all the apps I want into (and remove the ones I don't want from) the insanity release, before flashing (I ususally take them from the latest nigthly, to get the latest version). I have also stripped down GApps to a bare minimum to my needs only, so that I only have what I want on my phone. I have found this method to be both easy and timesaving, so I'll probably keep on doing this.

The Nitrality app is howerver a great app to customize the ROM, so I would hope that the option to install the missing apps will be fixed in later versions of Nitrality.

Nitr8: if you need testers, I'll test whatever you want. :)

hausmanis

Sep 2, 2011
Jönköping
Alright thx for that reply, then i know its nothing wrong with my phone, since i made sure after reflashing insanity several times and testing the app in several ways, deleting cache, deleting the folder ect ect.

So that app is pretty buggy, not saying it to whine just saying it.

Insanity is a DAMN good rom since 67 and uppwards (was sick nice before in GB aswell) there is no rom that can match it smoothness and batterylife and thats why i keep coming back to it, now since 67 there is almost no FC´s anymore witch made me switch away from it pre 67 so its looking very promising, if the Nitrality app could become more stable that would be pure ownage.

darkneill

Aug 20, 2011
My nitrality also doesn't work well but I have buy the premium edition :D it is on sales , just to support. A coke Cola from me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Am I the only person getting pretty shocking battery drain with usage? Auto brightness on, doesn't seem to matter what kernel I try always the same. Tried clearing media thumbnails but also made no difference.

Device is getting a bit hot even when not doing much with screen on (for example I'm typing and listening to Spotify (offline) right now)...

No bugs as such, just battery drain. :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
I think nitrality is bug-ridden rubbish.

I love the ROM, the CM7 version is the quickest I've ever tried. 67 was pd good too. But I have no problem in saying bad things about the app. I'm obviously not alone. I'll test more thoroughly if details are needed, but others seem to have done it already.

Loving the ROM and hating the app are not mutally imcompatible.

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
You should check BetterBatteryStats..running stock CM9 kernel? undervolting will be a good idea..

I always do a full wipe, cache wipe, system wipe prior to flashing any rom. Not running stock kernel at the moment but as I said I was using it and it was just as bad. And I'm able to achieve a pretty good undervolt as always and it's the first thing I always do:

825 (if 100MHz is an option)

And yes, when idle the battery use is brilliant. Soon as I switch the screen on and start using it.... the battery just starts disappearing...

Reactions: buzzboy

hausmanis

Sep 2, 2011
Jönköping
Am I the only person getting pretty shocking battery drain with usage? Auto brightness on, doesn't seem to matter what kernel I try always the same. Tried clearing media thumbnails but also made no difference.

Device is getting a bit hot even when not doing much with screen on (for example I'm typing and listening to Spotify (offline) right now)...

No bugs as such, just battery drain. :(

Im using insanity 68 together with latest siyah kernel and ive got SICK good batterylife and no heat issues.

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
I always do a full wipe, cache wipe, system wipe prior to flashing any rom. Not running stock kernel at the moment but as I said I was using it and it was just as bad. And I'm able to achieve a pretty good undervolt as always and it's the first thing I always do:

825 (if 100MHz is an option)

And yes, when idle the battery use is brilliant. Soon as I switch the screen on and start using it.... the battery just starts disappearing...

Try a different kernel just for compare.. remember that battery scale percentage most of the time doesnt display the correct amount of battery remaining... You can have 4h from 90% to 80% and a day from 40% to 30% just because it's not calibrated..
Did you try a full cycle recharge/discharge? im using siyah atm too try that and report...do a reset chip-gauge before go to sleep while in charge

Widgets, BLN, vibration and stuff like that use lots of battery especially if bad-coded

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Try a different kernel just for compare.. remember that battery scale percentage most of the time doesnt display the correct amount of battery remaining... You can have 4h from 90% to 80% and a day from 40% to 30% just because it's not calibrated..
Did you try a full cycle recharge/discharge? im using siyah atm too try that and report...do a reset chip-gauge before go to sleep while in charge

Widgets, BLN, vibration and stuff like that use lots of battery especially if bad-coded

I completely agree with you on all points. Unfortunately your points are not really strengthened in that I flash roms on quite a regular basis and have managed to attain better battery life with numerous other roms. I use 1 widget for calendar display and hate bln so always turn it off. I'm NOT a noob ;)

Just struggling to find out what's draining my battery when not in deep sleep. I'll give betterbatterystats a go. But in the past it didn't help me too much. Thanks for the help anyway.

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
Well atm (not tested much) i got 1day12h with 50% of my battery with some drops of mobile networks because of bad signal, obviously a normal use wifi, market, some photos, music about 10 mins, sms and calls (no games as far as i remember)...screen has 1h20min atm..

Assuming a linear problem (it's not) my battery lasts a total of 3 days with 3h40m of screen on.. i'm just using fancywidget(useless) and BLN (which actually allow you to save battery since u can see a notification without turning on the screen but just looking @ blinks).

Let's see your value assuming your voltages <=

1200,1100,1000,950,850 mV with VR and lulzactive (which are drainers)

enel_

Aug 28, 2009
How many of you with a good battery life have flashed Sammy ICS ROM before flashing insanity?

I've never ever flashed Sammy ICS and I'm curious would it make any difference if I flash Sammy ICS and then insanity.

darkneill

Aug 20, 2011
don't worry about battery life , I tried few ics ROM, but fall in love with insanity :D
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
What u had before insanity doesnt matter... actually the only difference could be the bootloader but as far as we know it has nothing to do with battery..

+1 for nitr8, good screenshots :p

enel_

Aug 28, 2009
Maybe a new radio/modem that comes with the ICS rom would make some difference. Don't know...

nitr8

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2006
Switzerland
Maybe a new radio/modem that comes with the ICS rom would make some difference. Don't know...

Be careful with the new bootloders the break the USB jig, I downgraded my wifes to older bootloaders after she flashed an ICS ROM which contained bootloaders. However if you ask trojan he will beg to differ as he bricked his ;p

Last edited:

noobsgs2

Jul 2, 2011
Be careful with the new bootloders the break the USB jig, I downgraded my wifes to older bootloaders after she flashed an ICS ROM which contained bootloaders. However if you ask trojan he will beg to differ as he bricked his ;p

AHAHAHAH ;D:D

Well enel_ radio/modem can be installed separately from rom, this means you can have a KG1 which is GB on ins#68 or having a newer.. your discretion

Top Liked Posts