[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
I for one would love this option. I got used to Odin on my sgs vibrant and have loved it since. Its really an easy program to use and really makes flashing pretty idiot proof as long as you know what files go where. Mobile Odin makes it even easier by knowing what files to put where. I hope we can see more roms coming in Odin form, it may also help a little with the people who can't read the OP's directions.

Just bear in mind that this equates to flashing an unsigned kernel so anyone who doesn't already have the yellow triangle and an incremented flash counter, will afterwards.

Doing it via MobileODIN should be fine though, and given the dubious nature of these ICS kernels, it might not be a bad idea to pull the zImage and post it separately for flashing via that.

That said, everyone who's tried crossflashing via AbyssNote seems to be fine so it's a perfectly reasonable workaround for those who don't want to risk a brick by kernel flashing from ICS.

I've checked the charge rate, looks like around 1/4% per minute regardless of charging source (so 1% charge increase every 4 minutes) with wifi+3G active. I'm guessing the stepping rates just need adjustment in the kernel.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Abput galaxynotesettings.apk

THANKS FOR A GREAT ROM !

Build #2
- Fixed microphone during calls (speakerphone still not working properly though)
- Fixed SPen in landscape mode
- Fixed video recording
- Added Device Settings app to have a few tweaks -- seems like I forgot something in the build -- http://xplodwild.blamesamsung.org/GalaxyNoteSettings.apk Push this apk to /system/app/
- Latest CyanogenMod mainstream changes included

Build #1
Initial build

I pushed the galaxynotesettings.apk via root explorer changed permissions..not getting installed. Never got adb to work properly. Anyone any advice? Thanks.

(installed running like a breeze..just flash a GB kernel abyss 3.9 worked)

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
I pushed the galaxynotesettings.apk via root explorer changed permissions..not getting installed. Never got adb to work properly. Anyone any advice? Thanks.

(installed running like a breeze..just flash a GB kernel abyss 3.9 worked)

Given that "adb remount" doesn't work with this build, it does make it a bit trickier.

Copy it to the SD card, then use Root Explorer to mount /system as read/write, then copy/move it into /system/app, and then set the ownership & permissions to match the other apk's in that folder.

Or - enable adb root access via the Settings --> Developer Options, then;
adb push galaxynotesettings.apk /sdcard/
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /system
cp /sdcard/galaxynotesettings.apk /system/app/
cd /system/app
chmod 644 galaxynotesettings.apk
chown root:root galaxynotesettings.apk
reboot

sudo is missing too.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac231us

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I cannot reproduce any of these supposed charging issues, charges just fine for me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Copy it to the SD card, then use Root Explorer to mount /system as read/write, then copy/move it into /system/app, and then set the ownership & permissions to match the other apk's in that folder.

I tried the above already. I will try the other option. Thanks.

A 'bug' (not sure if it is just my call log-g)...but I noticed this in all the imilka cm9 builds as well. When scrolling through the call log, the scrolling terminates with a Contacts stopped error.

werks

May 1, 2009
Im comming from i9220 repack. My question is can i flash back to stock using mobile odin, or must i flash via the pc odin

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

k1ng617

Aug 22, 2010
I am also noticing a slower charge.

I have always used a 1a charger and for the first time ever I've noticed the battery level drop while using it and charging it at the same time.

Great ROM though. Much love to the CM crew.

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
Further to the slow charging issue, I'm not sure if it's slower than previously as I've honestly never paid much attention, but I'm getting the same ~0.25% per minute charge rate whether I'm charging from a ~400-500mA USB port or a 1.5A wall-charger, and that's with WiFi and SIP disabled. About

No unusual wakelocks present (won't deep-sleep while charging obviously), and actual battery usage whilst unplugged seems to be really good.

I'll try wiping the battery stats & run it through a full cycle, maybe it's one of those things that will just "settle down" after a while.

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
Using PC Odin will leave you with the triangle of doom lol. Since triangle away won't work, your stuck.

But its safest, right? :cool:

If you use PC Odin to flash a complete genuine Samsung firmware and hence, a signed kernel, you won't get the triangle. You can then flash one of the CWM kernels which won't give you the triangle and go from there.

kimzplaze

Jun 25, 2008
Using PC Odin will leave you with the triangle of doom lol. Since triangle away won't work, your stuck.

the prerooted gb rom will not give the triangle :)
but after flashing that, there will b no CWMR.. so have to do additional step of InitialCFRootFlasher + a CFRooted kernel to get CWMR

using a usb jig would still clear out the triangle of doom right?

for note, the jig can only boot the phone to download mode, but unable to clear the triangle..

oh.. a question, is MHL support in the plans? :)

Last edited:

lewisteo

Aug 7, 2003

use the version without the triangle, i just flashed this from that method. of cos u will need to mobile odin abyss 4.2 kernel in gb, in order to prevent the triangle. for me i used the cf root kernel.

battery is draining very fast, browsing xda for 4 mins at lowest brightness dropped 5%.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts